RPG Nioh 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kuze, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Team Ninja producer Fumihiko Yasuda has confirmed that Nioh 2 will launch on PlayStation 4 on March 13, 2020. A new trailer is out as well:

An open beta will run from November 1 to 10 and will be downloadable from the PlayStation Store. Elements like character customization and the Switchglaive weapon will be in the open beta. Players with the original Nioh game's data on the same system can use the previous protagonist William in the open beta.

Further read: PlayStation blog

2. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

The first one was dope as hell.

Fuck gonna have to get a ps4.

3. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

There's an open beta and I only just found out AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I fucking love NIOH

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

A developer gameplay trailer for Nioh 2 was streamed. In the video, game producer Fumihiko Yasuda walks viewers through the Mount Tenno stage, which is featured in the game's final demo. The "Last Chance Trial" demo is available until Sunday.

The game will launch on PlayStation 4 in Japan on March 12 and worldwide on March 13.

Oh Snape likes this.
  5. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

Didn't want to buy digital so I went to the local Gamestop.

Figured I might not be able to preorder so late because the game is coming out tomorrow. Dude behind the counter says "we have one extra of the special edition and we're doing a 9PM launch." Wait around for 15 minutes with a couple dudes waiting for MLB the Show and the My Hero Academia game.

I'm gunna Ki-dab on some Oni with my scampuss bruh after spending like 100 hours in the character creator.

6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Okay, this game looks awesome. But, not going to get a PS4 just to play it.

ThisGuy likes this.
  7. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

They probably have a temporary exclusivity deal like they had with the first game. It will probably release for Windows in the future.

If you can find the PC version of the original Nioh you might want to give it a go. I didn't see it on GoG, and steam shows the complete edition as $50 USD, maybe there will be a spring sale. I am not sure how the online will be for the original game though since it's been out a few years.