Layout Official Sakuga City Articles!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KT Samurai, Dec 17, 2016.

1. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

I'm very excited to announce the biggest change implemented to the site since its launch, an official articles section with content created by the community for the community!

Our new official articles can be found on a tab at the top of the site next to "Forums" and "Members". At the time of this writing we've got 4 articles ready to go with more on the way. Go check them out, rate them, and discuss.

In the next few days I'll be creating a new hidden forum for aspiring content creators to apply to where users can conceptualize, edit, and collaborate new content for the SC staff to review and maybe even publish. More information on how to apply and whatnot will be available soon.

We hope you're as excited about this change as we are, and we look forward to sharing more original content with you in the future!

käwäii, Tonto-banchou and Kerberos like this.
  2. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

This was a pleasant surprise to see when I logged on today! :) Great job guys! It's real snazzy :p

I've been waiting on this to throw up my opinions about Gravity Falls, ATLA and ALOK, and Rick and Morty and such things! This is fantabulous!

#2 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Shannon Apple likes this.
  3. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

This is a great development. One wonders how many days it'll be before I start forgetting it exists, like I did with the chatroom. :p

Kerberos recommended March Comes In Like A Lion to me only a few days ago, so I'll be sure to read that when I get home.

Kerberos likes this.
  4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

So our articles are to be featured after we submit them in the contributors forum and it's reviewed and approved?

5. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Hihi that article is also mine so that was kind of a bit of veiled self-promotion.

Novaire likes this.
  6. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Pretty much. I've added a few older ones up there that look good to me and deserve to be findable article system since they were buried in the anime section. Those are a good indication of the kind of quality we're looking for in terms of featuring up there. ^^

We'll most likely add other historical ones to the system (purely for "searchability") but all new ones will be put through screening, mainly so that we can help people improve them, but only if it's needed. It's a good opportunity for writers to improve their skills as well :).

7. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

To add to Shannon's answer, I'm exploring the possibility of editors who will proof-read and offer feedback on article submissions in our upcoming Contributor sub-forum. The goal is to keep aiming the quality of our articles higher and higher and help contributors grow as writers (and artists, assuming anyone wants to do art-related content). This will help the article section function without the constant need for admin/moderator approval and permit contributors to work efficiently with editors to produce new stuff almost independently. Of course, this may not work at all and we'll have to try something else, but I'm going to give it a try first to see if we can get a system going.

8. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!

It is soooooo well layed out and easily accessible not to mention the little tab has notiications for new articles so it stands out.

JOB WELL DONE!!!

[​IMG]

9. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

Great stuff, mods - the new feature's going to up the participation and activity on this site for sure. Looking forward to reading (and maybe contributing, heh) to the articles soon. But I'm curious - what's going to set these articles apart from those posted in the Reviews section? Is it possible to have some of the write-ups from the Reviews section overlap with the articles here?

10. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

That is the plan. We do plan on doing that with the better written reviews. I may tidy up some of my own eventually that were written in a hurry, and post them. Since you posted one today, I checked it over and posted it up on the system.

Tonto-banchou likes this.
  11. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Count me in. I did a tiny bit of editing two days ago and really enjoyed it. And I have experience giving feedback. Having helped out several other members with their reviews in the past.

12. käwäii

käwäii Active Member
    Bronze Founder

That's awesome! Thanks all to you people who have put effort on this. Really like seeing that here are people who are contributing so that the site will get better and better.

Kuze and Shannon Apple like this.