Music Ongaku Shoujo

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

The story follows the protagonist Hanako Yamadaki when she encounters the obscure, low-selling 11-member "C-list" idol unit Ongaku Shoujo. Their producer Ikehashi thinks the unit needs a new member. Together, Ongaku Shoujo and Hanako strive for the top of the music world.

(Source: ANN)

Trailer
    :

Air Date: Jul 6, 2018

Official Site: here

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I like idol shows like million dollar girl or was it million doll? (It was a ten mi ute short series from two or three years ago) and akb0048 and argh there was a trio of older girls but cant remember that name. Oh and locodolls was super cute too. I guess you have to throw in bubblegum crisis too forgot about that but it wasnt the main focus , same as robotech not being an idol series despite minmeis presence. Oh i almost forgot show by rock!

Anywho.

This was super cute. The ending was a surprise :D and even more so with the manager knowing the mom. I think this has real potential for high comedy and some real emotion. If they actually start taking off then theyll have to deal with the pressures of success. And we might even get a BATLLE OF THE BANDS!!

I hit five series now for summer :D that didnt take long :)

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wow conflict in the second episode!

Im starting to compare this more to new game then a regular idol series. At least in the sense of an outsider trying to fit in. And considerating hanakos new role it feels like that a tad. We'll have to see how it progresses. I do have a sneaking suspicion that
    eithe the friend request for hanako is the one who hates though thats probably too obvious to get them to like each other as unknown avatars and then be shocked to find out who they were in real life and become friends or more likely its another member of the group and she'll suspect its hanako and then try to setup ways to get her to have the other like her more.

Its nicethat its different so far.
    oh and tgat bit about new game wasnt a direct comparison as the new girl there wasnt in direct conflict with anybodt but was trying to fit in a new workplace

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Ahh hiyo is just like sophie in tales of grace f.

The new one was just like a school of rock episode :) i wonder if theres enough time to give each idol their own story?