Action Overlord II

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Tonto-banchou, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Tonto-banchou

Tonto-banchou "Well-Known" Member
    Editor Contributor Social Media Team

Overlord II

[​IMG]

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Magic, Supernatural
    Studio: Madhouse
    Source: Light Novel
    Air Date: January 9, 2018

Synopsis

The second season of the popular Overlord series. As the online game Yggdrasil prepares to shut down, player Momonga makes the decision to not log out and remain in the game forever. He is later reincarnated in the form of a skeleton and becomes the most powerful wizard in the game. With this new form, Momonga uses everything in his power to gain control of the game.

PV

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

You can catch Overlord II on Crunchyroll and the dub on Funimation. However streaming details are yet to be announced.

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Overlord 2 Ending「HYDRA」by MYTH&ROID MV

4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Overlord Season 2 Opening Full : GO CRY GO - OxT

5. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

So this is not quite what I'd expected. Season 2 starts off a lot more seriouis then season 1 did. Which is understandable since season 1 did end on a very serious note. But yeah the show seems to have evolved from a fantasy comedy to a fanatsy adventure series with comedic elements. This arc especially feels really epic in its scope and action sequences.

Also...best girl:
    [​IMG]

But yeah despite the change in tone I'm loving this new season. Every time an episode ends I can't wait to watch the next one. I do hope Momonga will feature a bit more in it in the future since he's a solid guy and he is the main character so to have two scenes with him in two episodes is kind of dissapointing. But I like the new characters plenty too so if they keep him in the background for the majority of this season that's fine with me too.

Honestly so far this second season is every bit as good as the first. And, while AI'm sure many would consider it utter blasphemy to even think so, as far as fantasy show this season are concerned:

Overlord > Violet Evergarden

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

オーバーロードⅡ ED / Overlord Season 2 Ending Full『MYTH & ROID - HYDRA』