Food & Drink Pizza!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4xdblack, Jun 6, 2017.

1. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

This is the Pizza thread. Here, we talk about things such as pizza, pizza, and pizza. Or pizza, if you're feeling hungry.

What are your favorite toppings?

What are your favorite pizza joints?

Do you make your own pizza?

What kind of recipes do you use for your pizza?

Show pics!

To start with... I am a pizza whore.. I love pizza. I'm the type of person who will eat any kind of pizza, regardless of toppings or who made it. But recently I've gotten into making my own pizza. I recently went to the doctor and found out I have high cholesterol. Which means everything on a pizza is horrible for me. So I decided to challenge that by making my own pizza that was not only low in cholesterol, but helped fight it. It's always been my dream to make a pizza that was actually healthy for you lol. And in the process, I learned that it is super easy to make pizza at home, and that it's extremely cheap.

Here are my pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tripplej likes this.
  2. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

Alright. What ur gonna want to do is get a pizza stone and not that pan. Pan doesnt look bad but pizza stone is way better and not even expensive. Google pizza stone there is some cool cheap ways u can make one.

Then ur gonna want to do two things

1)Experiment with dough to get it just right for the pizza you like

2) Buy dough from your favorite pizza store and make theirs. So cheap and easy.

Me personally I like thin and crunchy. Im pretty boring but regular chees pizza when done well is the best for me.

Ive made a few pizzas in my day and store bought dough was meh ok, pizza store dough was great, and i have yet to make my own.

I never get chain pizza while living in NY thats just crazy. In florida I would get dominos or pizza hut, purely out of convienance and not having local ones.

4xdblack likes this.
  3. 4xdblack

Silver Founder Plus

I went with the pan because that's what I had. I have a pizza stone in storage somewhere, but according to my parents it never worked right. Maybe I'll pull it out and try it myself. I personally like the pan because it helps me build up the crust, especially since the recipe I'm using isn't very stretchy, so I can't hand-toss it.

That's what I'm doing right now. I made my second round of pizzas today. Trying to get the pizza dough just right.

4. David S

David S Newbie

I love Pizza, a lot. There is a lot of different toppings you can choose from. I like to have the spicy pizza's with chilies and peppers. That's the sort of person I am. I love getting pizza's from Domino's as they offer the best deals and their pizzas are the best quality. A lot of pubs over here like Wetherspoon's do pizza's now and it's really cool.

5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Margherita is fine, stonebaked preferred. I'll usually order a Tandoori Chicken or Meat Feast if I need to use a pizza as an edible plate for grilled meat/kebabs. Gotta have some red onions, green or mixed peppers and sweetcorn.

Placement of toppings is seriously underrated.

6. Sygryn

Sygryn Active Member

Pineapple doesn't go on pizza.

Oh Snape likes this.
  7. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

Jalapeno and Pineapple.
    BBQ Chicken + Pineapple.
    Pulled pork, Banana peppers and Jalapeno.
    Pepperoni, Mushrooms, Olives, Green Peppers, Onions.
    Pepperoni + Ketchup.

8. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

You are flying off the handle.

---

Bad pizza is good pizza and great pizza is good pizza. You can't beat pizza.

I keep it simple, cheese and pepperoni, maybe adding some grated parmesan if it's available. I don't eat most things that you could put on a pizza, so it's pretty simple for me when it comes time to order. I'm equally big on sides like garlic knots and cheese sticks that you'd get at the same places, but that's a topic for another day.

#8 Novaire, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    TonyTony likes this.
  9. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Edgy Teenager
    Staff Advisory Silver Founder Plus

My favorite pizza toppings are probably chicken, mushrooms, and onions. As far as cheeses go, I dig white cheeses on my pizza, and shit like ricotta, mozzarella, gruyere, and crumbled goat cheese is actually great.

My favorite pizza joint around here would probably be a place called Pizza My Heart (used to be just a local business but they've been branching out). They have the best pizza I've ever eaten, god damn. Lots of great choices too. My favorite's probably they're chicken/crumbled bacon/mushroom/green onion/garlic pizza with white sauce. Pretty good.

10. 4xdblack

Silver Founder Plus

Speaking of cheese on pizza.. Say you wanted to make a 4+ cheese pizza. Obviously you can't just indiscriminately throw random cheeses on a pizza.. there's a science to it. but they never actually tell you what flavor cheeses work the best with each other.

Anyone got some info on this topic?

11. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

It really isn't a specific blend. Generally, it depends entirely on the product.

For a lot of 'Italian style' blends, you'll see a mixture of Italian cheeses; mozzarella, provolone, fontina and the like. You'll usually find a grated cheese in there as well, usually parmesan as it doesn't tend to conflict with other flavors. I've seen other blends that contain cheddar, romano or asiago. I'm sure you can find several other kinds of cheese just by examining the ingredients on the packaging.

Honestly, it kind of is like they indiscriminately threw random cheeses on a pizza. :p

#11 Novaire, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  12. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Warm pizza good.

13. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

[​IMG]
    Probably favorite topping combo is pineapple with green peppers
    Occasionally I'll make my own pizza using a pizza stone and the whole shebang.. but that's involved and I'm usually too lazy :p
    My favorite frozen is Digiorno stuffed crust, but I do like to try "artisan" pizzas when I come across them

14. 4xdblack

Silver Founder Plus

Honestly, I want to try pineapple pizza... I want to know what the whole craze is about...

I understand the idea of mixing savory with sweet, that's a very common thing in cooking...But what I don't understand is... Why pineapple? Why not use something else sweet? Like caramelized bellpeppers and onions?

15. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Gotta be meat and cheese, no veggies (and tomato is a fruit so you can't call the sauce a veggie). Usually prefer a New York style thin crust pizza although sometimes I get the urge for a pan pizza with a thick chewy crust. Since I'm a lousy cook and lack the ambition to do so anyhow I have a few local venues on speed dial that can churn out a good pie.