Sci-Fi Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Interest1ng, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

I don't know about you all, but I am pretty stoked to go and see this new telling of the original power rangers story.

2. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I dunno man. It looks so homogenized that it really bothers me. The Megazord could be from any other Kaiju battle series. Some of the Megazords in the past have looked pretty bad, but generally speaking, those do look the part. This one does nothing for me in that sense, but it looks alright from a wider perspective.

I think these are among the most boring costumes produced in the franchise's history. I will say that they look far better in motion than they did in that promotional image that they put out. The colors aren't nearly as prominent on the Red Ranger as the were in the team photo, can't speak for the rest of them though.

I'm having a hard time getting over the aesthetic bump, but I understand that this is not necessarily being a film made for me, so perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. As usual, it's far easier to be negative than anything else, and I'll still be watching it as soon as I can. It's launching relatively soon, so it wont be long before we get a better glimpse at everything going on.

Jason David Frank plz.

3. Interest1ng

I agree with what you are saying, but I think this would be a good way to see if they can bring a stronger audience to the franchise.

It bring some Nostalgia, but at least it isn't being done by Guillermo Del Toro.

Novaire likes this.
  4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Del Toro would've made this look tons better. Hellboy anyone? But yeah, the movie would've been a snorefest.

Might give this a go. Original Pink ranger better have a cameo. Milf Ranger amirite? Yeah I'll just leave.

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  5. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

Looks good in a bad cheesy way, unlike Pacific RIm which was jujst trash. My inner kid wants to see this badly.

6. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

There was some pretty bad dialogue in that trailer. But if Bryan Cranston says he got involved because he felt the kids felt "real" then I'm willing to give it a chance.

7. Interest1ng

I mean these are all teaser trailers. The acting is meh, but they all seem to be Newish actors. None that have actually done anything else it looks like to me. Was it as bad as M. Night SHYAMAWOEMFAWOEJFOAWKEFOLWA version of Avatar?

8. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

That's a pretty low bar to set!

Bad dialogue isn't the actor's fault most of the time, I don't doubt they acted their asses off for this project. I'm just worried that the script isn't up to the task.

9. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

I'm excited to see this movie, but the one thing I really hate is the designs of the suits and megazords.

I'm not sure why the designers feel the need to create these super elaborate designs for a remake. Simplicity is always more. If they took the original designs and made them look like robots or something, I don't know... there's just so much going on, it's distracting.

It's a major reason why I couldn't watch any of the Transformer movies without feeling annoyed.

Visually, if they went with the look of Pacific Rim, I think the aesthetics would've been a slam dunk.

10. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Token black guy better dance as good or better than the original black guy that played the black power ranger or I will be so disappointed.

Looks kinda......I don't know. I don't wanna say bad, but something just seems kinda off. I want to see it but moreso just to see how it compares to the original power rangers movie.

11. Interest1ng

first Power rangers movie is going to WIN by far... Like those guys were Seasoned rangers by the time that movie was made. And everything really looks better about the original lol. This just allows them to add more "moving" parts on it.

@Shi yeah they look like they stumbled into Tony Starks underground chop shop. Zordon is probably Jarvis. And Alpha is just well...... Alpha.

Oh Snape likes this.