Action Princess Principal

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Narilka, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Genre: Action, Adventure
    Studio: Actas, Studio 3Hz
    Source: Original
    [​IMG]
    Synopsis:

Air Date: July 9th

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The PVs sure looks interesting. Plus the music in the 2nd one sounds suspense heavy.

3. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

A Strong Candidate for Anime of the Year. I freaking loved this.
    Its like a mi of Cowboy Bebop with Joker Game in a Steampunk setting.

I am super curious about defecting to the other side of the wall and what is up with the Intelligence agency.

Plus the OP is one of IF NOT THE BEST of the season and maybe the year.

Kuze likes this.
  4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

There's still so much more we need to know about defecting. Like how was this wall built and why are people trying to defect to bring with? Is Charlotte trying to become Queen to unite everyone again? Along with the Spies trying to accomplish the same thing? So many questions need to be answered. Maybe Ill rewatch episode 1 again to clear some things up.

Holy crap was episode 2 amazing! This is how a Spy anime should be! A Change in missions, going under cover, freaking dressing up as someone else, damn they nailed it! Really looking forward to how this anime progresses.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Princess Principal Opening Full 「The Other Side of the Wall」

One of the best sounds from this season, no doubt.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Not really sure how I feel about them going out of order case wise, but it seems to be more character and story development still so thats good.

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Princess Principal ED Full「A Page of My Story」

8. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Yes this episode was fucking amazing. Chise and Ange team up was so cool.

That Chise and Todo fight was on point as well. Though obvious he was her father, that ending still got me teary eyed T_T

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This Dorothy heavy episode was really good. Sad ending though. Damn even though the Father was a piece of shit he still loved Dorothy. His downfall was mentioning his daughter.

10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

My god the development, Story and twists in this anime are so freaking good. Every character is freaking awesome.

That Ange and Charlotte twist was unexpected.

Easily one of the best shows of the season.

11. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

ROFL I love Ange

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Story 7/10: Overall I thought they would make more use of the steampunk vibe and culture they were living in, but at times it was just a regular crime/spy anime. I thought the first episode was really well done. While i wasn't a fan of the different cases at times, they did a good job delivering the story to the viewers.

Art and Animation 8/10: Sloppy at times but really well done. The fight scenes were amazing especially the Sword fights with Chise.

Sound and Voice 10/10: The opening and ending were two of the best of the Summer 2017 season in my opinion. Add in an awesome BGM and I barely had any problems. The VA's were great. Not masterful but great. If anything Ange's VA did a spectacular job going back and from from a serious voice to a more girlish voice.

Characters 10/10: Really awesome cast of females and real original. Ange is such an awesome character. Obviously my favorite especially with her being from the Black Lizard Planet, I loved that about her. Dorothy was great, Beatrice was annoying at points but she had her moments. Chise was freaking awesome. And the Princess was the Princess not the best character but a necessity.

Enjoyment 9/10: There were times where I would miss an episode, watch it about a week later and say "Damn how could I miss this episode?!?!" That proved to me how much I enjoyed this anime and caught it every day it came out. Really good and underrated anime.

Overall 9/10: I know this anime is not for most people. People who enjoy a more serious Spy anime won't enjoy it but I think this is the best Spy anime made so far. Yes better then Joker Game. I feel with the Inception and actually doing infiltration by disguise was a step up from Joker Game. Plus after episode one I was blown away by how serious this anime could get at times.

Definitely and underrated anime, and I think that blame falls on the company who licensed Princess Principal for not pushing it as much as they should have.