Shounen Prolific manga author Tsutomu Nihei (Blame, Knights of Sidonia) launches a shonen manga!

Discussion in 'Manga' started by Kerberos, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

It was just announced that highly acclaimed and prolific manga author Tsutomu Nihei (Blame, Biomega, Abara, Knights of Sidonia) will be launching a new manga in the Shonen Sirius magazine.

Now this to me brings up all kinds of questions but also makes me really excited. Tsutomu Nihei has this wonderful style that even if you don't like his work, (and I'm not the biggest fan of Blame tbh) you have to admit is kind of impressive in its own way. But the thing is, his work is very adult oriented. What with it's often bleak tones and mature subject material. Even his more mainstream manga. The terriffic space opara Knights of Sidonia was still very much adult oriented with an emphasis on complicated politics and ethical issues.

So I can't wait to see what Nihei will do with a shonen series! There are certainly shonen series that tackle complicated philosophical isssues (FMAB comes to mind) but in a very different way than Nihei's very seinen manga have done so far. This is also the first Tsutomu Nihei series not to be published in Afternoon Magazine indicating Nihei really wants to target a different audience with his new series.

Worst case scenario: he's just not cut out for writing for a younger audience and fails horribly. Best case scenario we get an awesome shonen series WITH Tsutomu Nihei's trademark style!

So what do you guys think of this news? Love to hear your take on this.

Source:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-ningyo-no-kuni-manga-on-february-25/.109182

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I looked up a bit on this new manga of his, mentioned in said ANN article (Country Of Dolls). Its a one-shot manga, so not sure if Nihei intends to expand on it or if ANN is just confirming the fact that Nihei's one shot is getting published on Shonen Sirius.

Lowdown
    :

Thought I'd keep the lowdown short cause it ventured into spoiler territory.

For further read and art
    : here

Nihei's works usually begins with a one shot and then he expands his ideas into a full fledged manga so I'm guessing this will get some volumes.

#2 Kuze, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Story Teaser Revealed for Tsutomu Nihei's Ningyo no Kuni Manga

The March issue of Kodansha's Shonen Sirius magazine teased the story and setting of Tsutomu Nihei's upcoming Ningyo no Kuni (Country of Dolls) manga on January 26. The magazine teases:

A land of endless icy expanses, ancient ruins that fill abysses that know no end, and the looming shadow of the Empire. In this danger-filled land of eternal winter, a journey of adventure and battle has already begun.

The manga will launch in the magazine's April issue on February 25.

Source:
    here

#3 Kuze, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  4. Interest1ng

Interest1ng Famous Member

Lol he meets Titannia (Which just so happens to be the nickname of Ezra from Fairy Tail) Which is funny that it says that. Well I look forward to hopefully reading this in the future. Blame was a lot more scenic than it was with actual dialogue.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Guess the official title of the manga is APOSIMZ

ComiXology Lists Tsutomu Nihei's Aposimz Manga

Comixology is listing the first chapter of APOSIMZ, a new manga by Tsutomu Nihei, under Kodansha Comics. The first chapter will debut this Friday.

Humble Bundle offered a prologue chapter for Nihei's upcoming Ningyō no Kuni (Country of Dolls) manga from Kodansha Comics under the title APOSIMZ last month. Nihei is launching Ningyō no Kuni in the April issue of Kodansha's Shonen Sirius magazine on Saturday.

The title APOSIMZ shares a name with a minor story element in Nihei's earlier Knights of Sidonia manga. In the story, the Aposimz was one of only two named "seed ships" (the other being the titular Sidonia) that escaped the Gauna's destruction of Earth. The paths of the two ships are already light years apart in the beginning of the story, and the ships' survival is left in doubt.

Further read:
    here

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Vertical Publishers have announced that it will release Tsutomu Nihei's APOSIMZ manga in print starting next Fall. Vertical is releasing the manga digitally via Comixology.

[​IMG]

7. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks cool, main guy is Killy as hell. Will check when there's a volume or 2 out.

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

It has been revealed that Tsutomu Nihei's APOSIMZ manga has 250,000 copies in print.

Kodansha Comics is releasing the manga digitally via Kindle and Comixology. Vertical Comics will release the series in print starting this fall.

9. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Crunchyroll has announced that they've added APOSIMZ on their simulpub catalogue of Crunchyroll Manga. Crunchyroll will release new chapters worldwide (except Japan) as they launch in Japan.

Crunchyroll Manga website: click me

10. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The August issue of Kodansha's Shonen Sirius magazine has revealed that APOSIMZ manga will end in two chapters. If there are no delays, the manga will end on August 25.

11. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Anyone reading this?

12. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Reviews say its Tsutomu but with more finesse in terms of plot.

I'll pick it up once it ends.

Oh Snape likes this.