Promare

Discussion in 'Anime' started by 5oul Crusher, Dec 5, 2019.

1. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher sinew and steel

Last weekend I watched Promare on the big screen with a couple of friends.

It was definitely a Trigger production. Both myself and my friends thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought that the colouring was exceptional and I liked the sound track.

[​IMG]

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I saw the trailers long back and thought the animation was too crazy for my liking.

Promare got many large screen showings in a lot of places which is always good for the medium.

I missed the Weathering With You screening a while back. Wanted to attend that one.

3. 5oul Crusher

I went to see Weathering With You as well on the big screen. It was pretty gorgeous. The soundtrack had top notch production. It's fortunate that one of the local cinema's where I live does these kinds of screenings.

Promare wasn't quite as bombastic as the trailer made it out to be. It starts off all action, until you adjust to the characters. Then there is a bit of character progression followed by more action. I don't really know how to put it without going into too much detail, but the movie hit on a lot of the strengths of the writers, artists and animators working on it. It's something you can show to someone who doesn't know a lot about the medium, although they might have a lot of questions afterwards such as 'what did I watch?' and 'can you explain the part with the flashing lights and the big robot?'.

Kuze likes this.
  4. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I'll prolly get a second chance of seeing Weathering With You on the big screen. The Japanese embassy is doing a film festival in my city and Weathering With You is listed. They'll be giving out free passes an hour before the screening. If I'm lucky I might manage a pass. And it's only a free pass screening. Not a ticket~pay screening.

5. 5oul Crusher

Nice. I got my ticket for free because Madman sussed the Anime club at University.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

On Monday June 29, Anime Limited will release the film. It will be released as a Collector's Blu-ray/DVD, and as separate Blu-ray and DVD editions. The Collector's Edition will include a CD of the original soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano. It will also include a 52-page book, an 128-page script book, a poster and a DECAL sticker.