PS5 Reveal - The Road to PS5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Shadow Fox, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

This...like..OMG I am like..SO excited! This is without a doubt the most THRILLING, most Testosterone pumped, gears to maximum kick you into high gear balls unchained maximum powered exciting Gaming console reveal I have ever seen in my entire fucking life man! YEAHHHH BOO YEAHH!! Who else is Maximum level excited for the ps5?

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Does it come with a fridge tho? How do I streamline playing GTA 6 and cracking a cold one without moving my ass.

Shadow Fox likes this.
  3. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

nani the fuck

Shadow Fox likes this.
  4. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I am still waiting for a built in toilet and an android worker app that can send a robot to take my place at work for me. At the very least I wish they would give us a space laser app that can send a laser to scratch our asses from space.

Kuze likes this.
  5. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

I mean, on one hand this was kind of neat, on the other hand I think it was wayyyy more than they needed to present.

The youtube comments are great.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan has confirmed in an interview that the PlayStation 5 console will not have backward compatibility for the PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 console games. He also confirmed in another interview that "99 percent" of PlayStation 4 games will be backward compatible with the upcoming PS5.

The PS5 will launch on November 12 in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. The console will launch in the rest of the world on November 19, but the presentation notes that the launch date in China "is still under exploration and will be announced at a later date." The PS5 will retail for US$499.99, and the PS5 Digital Edition (which does not include the disc slot) will retail for US$399.99.

7. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

It is sold out everywhere from what I can tell, see link here for pre-sales details.. Will see what is available closer to November/December/January time frame in my area.

#7 tripplej, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Sony began streaming a teardown video for the PlayStation 5 console.

9. Enies

Enies Famous Member

The Japanese are very detail oriented and plus its good marketing
    I like the dust catcher holes and easy to vacuum convenience. That's thinking long term. Would still put my money on a pc though...

#9 Enies, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    ThisGuy likes this.
  10. ThisGuy

Platinum Founder

Yeah in general PC is a good investment, especially with so many pubs realizing the opportunity of having larger install base, and more games having crossplatform online. You got modding and more indie releases too.

The more I see of the PS5 the less I like the design, PS2 and PS4 are pretty sleek, PS5 looks pretty bulky, and I really think that white is an eyesore. Also I have serious issues with the internal SSD being soldered right to the motherboard, what are we going to do years from now when they start to fail? We're still waiting to hear about compatible aftermarket SSDs to expand the system storage, and storage is more important now than ever because all these asshole companies keep publishing games with uncompressed assets that take up 100's of gigabytes of storage.

The only thing I like about the PS5 from a hardware standpoint is the cooling, but it looks like they absolutely needed that cooling based on the design which makes me worried.

Enies likes this.
  11. Enies

Enies Famous Member

Tell me about it my friends want me to play warzone and there is no way im downloading a 250gb FPS shooter with raging cry babies. I think the whole tear down thing is kind of cool and should be more standard. It reminds me of a youtube channel that looks at the undercarriage of a car that is part of a review of that car and provides deep insight into the car inside and out really gives you overall knowledge as a consumer i used that to make purchasing a car. Though I guess maybe with consumer electronics not as important.
    Yeah the SSD soldered to mainboard is an absolute failure they should've made it an M.2 SSD. It seems they wanted massive boost in performance probably because of everything trending into 4k but wanted the thing not to overheat. The cooling system especially the liquid metal and the dust catcher convenience is a cool idea since dust is a main killer of electronics. Also, realize Sony was basically in the brink of bankruptcy; the ps4, their camera division, and their music/movie publishing is basically what saved them. But especially the ps4 and thats why sony usually takes this seriously because they know without it they would have been in deep trouble right now financially everything else was basically in the red.
    A more underrated success of the new playstation is that all future ps5 will be made in japan using robots by Mitsubishi. They are the first robots which can reliably and delicately/accurately bend and solder small wires found in small to medium electronics like PS5s and basically this factory can make a ps5 every 4 seconds. For some people they might not care for this but I think its a cool step forward for product quality assurance. I think Sony is the first to do this as their new phones are made in japan and offer things even samsung or apple doesnt. I say they are making one of the biggest comebacks of the century and they wont be making any big mistakes.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I was planning on selling some games to justify pre-ordering an Xbox series x. However the week before I decided to let go. I've been selling tons of my games and movies on ebay and decluttr.com all year long. I just couldn't let myself get into another console just yet. Especially since the xbox was going to be cross gen at launch i didn't need to.

And now that ps5 is more or less cross gen at launch too i don't even really need to rush to get a ps5.

Its definitely been a year of streamlining for me. I'm still buying junk but I'm thinning out a lot before I buy much. Basically I'm telling myself I need to sell before I buy something.

Its been a good purge so I can get to enjoying what I have instead of simply collecting and not using.

#12 yoda313, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020