Forum Recent Poor Site Performance

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KT Samurai, Dec 22, 2016.

1. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Many users have noted a sudden up-crop of errors from SC's server host leading to a lot of "Error 500" reports. We have investigated this issue and found that the forum itself is poorly optimized and causing undue stress to our host, and that this is the likely cause of the increased frequency of these errors.

@Shi, our trusted tech admin, is on full condiment quarantine and is hard at work to address this issue. He has already performed several fixes that should be having a small but noticeable impact on the site's load times. You should be seeing less errors already, though they may persist as we chase down problems and find solutions. We apologize for any inconvenience suffered while we address this issue. Please know that we're chasing this problem down quite relentlessly.

Thank you for your attention. Happy posting!

Moe likes this.
  2. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

If you guys are running into issues, please post them here: www.sakugacity.com/index.php?posts/21005/

Also let me know if you feel any performance improvements! Would be nice to have some input on how things are loading.

Kuze likes this.
  3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

thanks for all the hard work! i did have some loading issues thd other day on mh tablet but it seems to be much better now.

4. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Definitely noticing an upturn in performance. Thank you @Shi.

5. KT Samurai

Small update: Shi has managed to significantly improve the optimization of the site and we are confident that you should be seeing noticeable improvements to load times across the board. We've hit a point where we're basically waiting on an add-on purchase to optimize images in order to enact any further improvements so be sure to let us know if you have any performance-related issues on the site. We've done nearly as much as we know how to do, so if more needs to be done we need to know about it so we can research further.

Thank you again for your patience. We hope the site feels better than ever with these enhancements!

6. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Just a note:
    We just installed an update and a lot of the things we did to increase performance had to be reset so for a little bit, the site might be running slow as it rebuilds everything.

7. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

I don't know if such input helps, but since my joining this past June I have yet to encounter issues regarding performance and load times. Perhaps it's the periodic maintenance you guys run, or some users mistook their router for a potato like I did in the past. Either way, much appreciated.

8. KT Samurai

The image optimizer we installed today seems to be working brilliantly. I'm getting near-instant load times.

How's everyone else doing?

9. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Pretty good here.

10. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

Smooth, like a pick-up line.

11. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

Since the update, I've had no issues. Loading times are good, no errors.