Slice of Life ReLife

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kakuri, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Kakuri

Kakuri The Disappointment
    Gold Founder

[​IMG]

"The story follows Kaizaki Arata, a 27-year-old jobless man, who fails at every job interview he had after quitting his last company. His life changes after he met Yoake Ryou of the ReLife Research Institute, who offered him a drug that can change his appearance to 17-years-old and to become a subject in an experiment for one year. Thus, he begins his life as a high school student once more."

PV

This looks like it'll be quite an interesting show. I've heard that the manga is decent, and the story sounds pretty cool up front. I'll be checking this one out.

2. Matemar

Matemar Corvus

I actually started reading the manga and it's decant. It has the potential to be good we will see if they can use it properly.

3. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I have tried to read the manga a couple of times and it is a bit slow to start I find myself distracted a lot, however I get distracted easily. I want to like it, the concept seems interesting, I have a feeling it will be one of those stories where I need to just watch the anime.

4. Sparkling Forklift

Sparkling Forklift i wish i was clever so i could put something here
    Gold Founder

Heads up!

Instead of releasing episodes weekly, Crunchyroll will be releasing all 13 episodes on July 1st. They said they'll release episode 1 first, and then the rest at a later time in the day. Totally gonna binge this show now

Kakuri likes this.
  5. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

OMFG THAT IS SO GREAT!!!

I'm totally gonna bigne this as well!

Thanks for bringing us this news Spork. Really appreciate it!

6. Sparkling Forklift

Gold Founder

So I've watched up to episode 8. So far it is really good; I'd even say it was better than I was expecting. At first it seemed like a show that'd start out serious but then turn into a simple high school slice of life show (like Kotoura-san), but it's been getting better and better. There's some nice serious moments in the show that are actually pretty well done.

And expanding on the cast, the characters are just so entertaining (especially Hishiro). It's one of the high school shows I've seen where the characters aren't in some kind of central group of friends, yet they have pretty good chemistry together, especially with the MC. I felt that was a nice change from most other shows. It's more interesting to see characters have their own friends or circles rather than having the main cast hang out with each other as a whole all the time. And this aspect certainly benefits the show, as it allows for some more interesting character arcs.

Overall, this is a great show so far. Kinda scared for the ending though. I feel like it's either going to be a painful waiting for S2 situation, or a meh anime original ending.

7. Sparkling Forklift

Gold Founder

Finished it! It definitely was better than what I thought it'd be. I mean, it did have those really dumb moments where the drama is caused by silly misunderstandings, but there's plenty of great moments that make up for it. I don't know if I'll be able to wait for the second season (if there will be one). Might actually follow the manga!

If anybody is curious about how much the anime adapted, it adapted about 104 chapters. If you wish to read the manga after watching the anime, you can definitely start off at chapter 104. You could start earlier even since there are some slight differences the anime made to make a more conclusive-ish ending.

8. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Yeah this was great! I really loved it 9/10. It was nice, cute and not rushed.

9. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Began watching this and I'm hooked...reminds me how I'm a NEET with no decent routes to choose atm...gotta stop being lazy, fucking hard though.

10. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Started on this the other night - wouldn't have thought it from the series description, but it's quite good. It feels very low-key compared to the likes of Erased and, during the second episode, I found it difficult to visually distinguish Yoake from Oga, but the characterisation is well observed and the rotating retro ED tracks on Arata's MD player is a nice touch (even laughed aloud when T.M. Revolution came on).

11. Matemar

Matemar Corvus

I just finished watching it today. It was really good. I'm glad they didn't rush it. I actually expected the ending stuff from the beginning. I hope we get a season 2 if we don't I guess I'll have to pick up the manga again.

12. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

Finished watching the anime last night - really enjoyed it. I felt it dipped a bit around the two-thirds mark (maybe they should have dealt with the volleyball story before the stuff about Arata's senior at work?), but overall I think this was probably the most enjoyment I've had out of a show like this since Lovely Complex.

Don't know that I'd be massively desperate for a second season - for me, it felt like they wrapped things up well enough - but I might have a look at the manga out of curiosity.