Fantasy Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Kinki Kyouten

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

In the "action fantasy" story, Guren is a part-time teacher at a magic school who is inclined to write "self-study" on the blackboard and then take a nap. One of his students, Sistina, gets angry and challenges him to a duel and he is easily defeated. However, when a terrible incident threatens the school, Guren shows intense dedication to protecting his students.

(Source: ANN)

Trailers:

Air Date: Apr 4, 2017

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

I really didn't know what to expect going into this anime.
    The animation, art, music, and character designs were pretty good. The girls in this anime are super cute.
    Those School outfits are something though, good lord.

The teacher did say some funny things such as
    "I'll scan this image into my brain!"
    lol that seemed like an old school thing to say. Anime wise.

Other then that it seemed a little generic. Not really a fan of an anime where the MC has no stride to do anything other then being lazy.

Ill give it some more time though.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Just did episodes one and two. Its really fun. I didnt expect it to take that twist in ep 2. I like where its going.

Its funny seeing a magic guy using magic with gloves on reminds me of the military fire guy in Fullmetal alchemist.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Come on isnt anyone watching?

The sensei is fun. Hes turning into a more interesting character then i first thought. And its not the super ecchi fest i thought it was going to be. Thougb i wouldnt mind a beach episode. Just saying. Oh and the students are getting some development too.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Funimation revealed The English dub cast for its simuldub of the Akashic Records of bastard magic instructor anime on Tuesday. The simuldub premiered on Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. EDT.

Check: here (Regional restrictions)

6. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

Watched the first two episodes and im really liking this show, first episode was hilarious and the second episode was really cool. There has been a couple stupid scenes and the girls uniforms make no sense, but apart from that this show is great. looking forward to how it progresses.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This show is actually starting to turn into one of my favorites of the season. Episode 1 kinda had me like "Eh..." but after that it's been a straight shot uphill. Glenn Sensei is freaking awesome. Rumia is bae <3

8. DamianWinters

How could you think the first episode was meh? I found it hilarious. Maybe its just Josh grelles performance as Glenn who was awesome (first Masamune and now Glenn, hes really great at comedy leads lately). You should check out the first episode dubbed if you haven't, might change your idea of it.

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

i do not watch Dubbed anime.
    I thought the first episode was meh mainly because Glenn was just a lazy bastard, if he was lazy in the rest of the series as he was in episode one I would have dropped this a few episodes ago. Episode 2 and beyond have yet to disappoint.

10. DamianWinters

You should give it a shot, Josh grelle as Glenn is really awesome.
    But either way I thought his lazy bastard stuff was funny but I am glad he turned out to be a badass, this is definitely my favourite new show this season.

11. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records opening Full『Konomi Suzuki - Blow out』

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I don't mind Rumia being the damsel in distress, she definitely fits the role. However there needs to be a time where she actually fights back and fucks someone up. That or she helps Glenn in the process as well.

The series has surprised me fully, and Re=L really pissed me off. Like I know its the Cliche brainwash scene with her brother but god damn they got me really good with this one. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING HER LOOK SUPER SWEET WHEN EATING THOSE STRAWBERRY CAKES!!!

Glenn got that CPR though.

Still ship Glenn and Rumia.

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This series has impressed me. Its developed a story line. But its still got some ecchi fun to boot :)

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

「ロクでなし魔術講師と禁忌教典 ED」Precious You☆

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Aww seasons almost over. Looking forward to it.

16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Nice series! Plenty of action and comedy.

and it points to more on the horizon

Glen radars is not your typical hero but that makes it fun :)

17. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Story 7 (A little less then a generic Magic anime, it kept things interesting though.
    Animation 8 (The animation was really well done in this series, I was worried about the fights but it turned out well)
    Sound/Music 6 (Nothing spectacular with the BGM or anything. Basically pretty average)
    Character/VA 8 (I really enjoyed Glenn and Rumia but some of the other characters were pretty generic IE Re=L and Sistine)
    Enjoyment 9 (It helped that the School Uniforms were something...different.)
    Overall View:
    I was actually surprised how well this anime turned out. I thought it was just going to be another generic Romantic Action trash anime with nothing to really look forward to but I was wrong. Things get pretty damn serious in this anime. I'd like to say some of the incidents were used too many times (Rumia's Heritage) but that's what this story is based around mainly and they didn't stray from that path. Glenn turned out to be a pretty great Main Character. I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a Magic/School anime. Also someone looking for an anime with Cute girls and cute school uniforms. *thumbs up*

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@sora - yep its somewhat generic but its different enough to be enjoyable. They did push it a lot more then i thought. Lots of blood which was different. And i thought the interaction between glen and sistine was good :)

19. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

It stepped above the generic lines when they busted out more bloody action then romance. I mean I am a Rumia and Glenn shipper but you gotta remember Glenn is a Grown ass man lol.

20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai - but it didn't get to taboo tatoo ridiculousnous. I loved tt but it doesnt work for every genre.