Action Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

The whole Sanctuary was misled into danger due to the civil war instigated by the Gemini Gold Saint, Saga. Our story begins right after the end of those events... This is a story of the girls protecting Athena. These are the records of love and fierce fights they meet while opposing destiny on their way to maturity...

(Source: MangaSeven)

Trailer:

Air Date: Dec 10, 2018

Official Site: here

You can catch this one on Crunchyroll.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Saint Seiya: Saintia Sho Opening Full : The Beautiful Brave

#2 Kuze, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Just finished the third episode. It started early didn't it????

I love the hair! Everyones hair is straight out of the 80s!!! Its just like robotech, the original bubblegum crisis and ranma 1/2 combined :)

Its weird how its goofy but its not over the top. It could have become queens blade but they're keeping it pg which is ok. And its different using the greek mythology. Though i cant help but wonder if they were trying to catch the wonder woman hype train with this one. But not in a bad way. Its actually working on character development which is more than some fantasy/action anime can say.

I cant say im overly attached to this one but i did just watch three episodes in a row :D i think ill like this one.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Saint Seiya: Saintia Sho Ending Full : Hohoemi no Resonance

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This is surprisingly good. Doing the star gods is different. I dont really jnos the myths that wellvso it makes it intriguing. Its actually more than just an action piece. Granted the emotions the characters go through are a bit light its still good.

I do recommend it if you want an action piece thats not a cookie cutter series.

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I wish i knew more about Roman Gods then i do. This series is pretty complicated as there are a lot of characters. It is well done though.

Its funny its got a 70s/80s vibe with the music. Even though its classical its got a disco beat. Also its got a quick action bit. When somebody is hit they fly off. Its not that they cheat on animation its just a different style.

My only real complaint is they do the is it...? Could it be...?? Who??? They do the dramatic pause thing waayyyy tooo much.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I guess its done at ten episodes. It was quite good . I liked the quick cut action sequences. It was a decent story of personal and struggle to save your friends. I just think there were too many characters since my knowledge of the Roman and i guess Greek dieties is limited.