Comedy SAKURA QUEST

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

The story centers on five girls who work in the tourism bureau of their small provincial town. The town revives its "micro-nation" tourism program, which originated from a nationwide movement during Japan's bubble economy period, and hires the five girls as "monarchs" (tourism ambassadors). The anime will depict one year in their jobs in the tourism industry, and show how they change and grow.

(Source: ANN)

Trailers:

Air Date: Apr 5, 2017

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Crunchyroll announced on Tuesday that it will stream P.A. Works' new original television anime Sakura Quest. The stream will debut on Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. EDT in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

Funimation will also stream the series with an English dub beginning on May 4.

This one reads as a pretty fun and unique show.

3. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

First episode was great, it feels like we're I'm at currently because I need a job but this is a bit out there. Still it's a nice story.

4. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Definitely a great first episode. I would have thought Yoshi would have been a little more surprised when she saw she's been to Chupakabra before but whatever. Really looking forward to this fun cast of characters.

5. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

It is such a cute first show. There were a couple of really funny parts, while it was a bit of a slow starter for my taste but still a good first show.

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

DAMN! This one's pretty good as well.

Sakura Quest Ending Full『(K)NoW_NAME - Freesia』

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

A new key visual for Sakura Quest's second cour was revealed. It was also announced that Toho Animation Records' (K)NoW_NAME project will return from the first cour to perform the new opening song "Lupinus" and new ending song "Baby's Breath." Toho Animation began streaming a promotional video that previews "Lupinus."

The second cour will begin on July 5.

[​IMG]

8. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

(K)NoW_NAME will all the cool/dreamy tracks, especially the EDs.

Sakura Quest OP 2 Full「Lupinus」by (K)NoW_NAME

Sakura Quest ED 2 Full「Baby's Breath」by (K)NoW_NAME

9. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Story 9/10: In the beginning it's focus on Yoshino and the miscommunication from Manoyama was a good start to this show. Add in the other characters backstories throughout the series and you got a really good story.

Art and Animation 8/10: Really beautiful at times. You can tell the quality went down for some episodes and some parts but they were easily overlooked.

Sound and VA's 8/10: Honestly I wasn't a fan of any of the ops and eds but the BGM was really good. The VA's did a really good job. No problems at all.

Characters 10/10: Really enjoyable cast. Very relatable on all parts.

Enjoyment 10/10: Really enjoyed this anime. Fantastic Slice of Life.

Overall 10/10: I can understand why this is scored lower then I feel it should be, and how it is overlooked. It's main focus is Adults who can relate to the same problems or situations these people are facing in their everyday lives. So while it does not portray to everyone, if you're looking for a great Slice of Life where you can feel the same way these characters do I highly recommend Sakura Quest.