Fantasy Sakurada Reset

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

The novels' story is set in a town called Sakurada, where almost half the population possess some form of special powers. The story centers on two high school students. Kei Asai has the ability to perfectly remember anything he sees and hears, while Misora Haruki can turn back or "reset" time for a maximum of three days.

Both students are members of their school's "Service Club," which their town's administration bureau uses to observe people with powers and protect the peace. By using their powers together (Kei can remember things even when time has been reset), they solve cases for the club. Kei learns of the "MacGuffin" stone, which looks like a worthless black stone, but in reality will turn out to be the stone upon which the existence of Sakurada will hinge on.

(Source: ANN)

Trailer:

Air Date: Apr 5, 2017

Official site: here

Twitter: here

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The concept for this one looks really interesting. A mystery-special power mix. I'll tune in for the first episode.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

On the surface i thought of charlotte when i read the description.

Ill try it. I need three or four for spring and this is the first ive looked into

Narilka likes this.
  4. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

I like a Good Mystery anime, and I think this is 24 episodes which intrigues me even more.

5. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

The good thing:

- Good OST

- The writing and the interactions were decent for most part, there were some interest while reading them

- Some of the characters and their abilities are interesting.

- Some shots from the series are decent

- Most of the episode was more focusing on build up and slow pacing, which kinda works in its favor as an introduction.

- Kinda interesting approach regarding on Haruki's memories and why she's emotionless. Wanna see that at least. Also that ending.

- Great ED, Decent OP (from what I got from the insert song at the start)

The bad thing:

- Jumpy/Mediocre Directing For the most part, it feels rather static and lifeless. The character designs looks pretty meh in the production so far and most of them really don't move much or change facial expressions with few exceptions of this... this is me being picky but you know.

- The characters while they're not shit, they have no traits for most except for one girl that I actually liked. This would probably be a bad sign but hopefully that's just the beginning, they probably will grow later on in the show.

- Some of the dialogues of the character while being minor, they're pretty much a combination of not only bad transitioned but badly scripted as well.

- Execution wise for the first episode is actually poor, at least for the coherent story wise. There's a very big amount of lack of explanation of the other stuff regarding on the rules... if anything I hope they address some stuff regarding on them considering if not this will open up plot holes.

Also how does Misora know she had her Reset ability, did she just one day say "Save" and "Reset"? Hopefully they can explain that, if not then whatever lol.

The animation had a mid to late 90's feel which was actually nostalgic to me, and I quite enjoyed it.

Was that Soma falling ass backwards off the bridge at the end???

Moe likes this.
  6. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I really don't want to bother watching a second episode...IF they had a set up first I would be more interested in it, but there was no set up, just questions. And rather then being a Mystery the show tells you up front rather then have you follow along...it's an odd anime which probably a few here will like but for me, I didn't. Sora summed it up with his cons of the anime.

7. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

So any inkling how the story's gonna turn out based on first impressions? @Moe @Sora Senpai

8. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

To answer your question Kuze, I may watch the second episode, but like I stated before, the anime just started--not that it just began--but we pick up out of nowhere with no beginning. I've never faced this before, where something begins but feels like nothing lead to it beginning. That's probably an achievement somewhere and Sora who could probably explain it better.

The dialogue is interesting, but that's not enough for me to keep with the story. There is little to no emotion behind all of it. Rather I feel little enthusiasm for any of the characters, even the girl crying or when she was revealed, no emotion, even a bad anime would give a hint at emotion how ever corny it may look but this showed none.

I feel nothing for the characters, this feels like a "tell don't show" anime. It will tell you everything while showing you nothing, probably thinking it's such a hard story to follow that unless it guides you you won't understand the story.

And we have a lack of animation, there are a few scenes that they are just standing there stiff as a board. I mean this in a literal sense and all we see are their mouths moving and eyes twitching every now and again to show some shred of emotion.

So this was more a review of the first episode, but to say how the story will turn out, probably good based on just the dialogue but overall it will be a dull experience to watch.

Kuze likes this.
  9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I feel as though it can either be a huge success or it will crash and burn. I feel as though there is no middle ground for this anime.

I mean I may be proven wrong and it just ends up being an Average mystery anime, but at this rate I feel like it will be really good, or just a complete failure.

Kuze likes this.
  10. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Wow, what a great episode. Shit got intense constantly!

I wonder if Soma's ability had something to do to counteract both Kei and Haruki.

After episode 1 Soma definitely killed herself but what if she doing it whenever time was being reset and she was aware of it?

We never did find out Soma's ability. Maybe she was an Android in the end? A lot of questions need to be answered and yet we are throwing two years into the future lol.

11. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I still can't get behind this anime even after watching the second episode.

Dull, the experience is still dull, the dialogue is good like I said before but remains boring over the lack of any sort of emotions that these character try to portray. To me it's like saying you/the character should be sad, so they are sad. But there is no real emotion behind that. This show either can't or is unwilling to show and or make you feel the actual emotions. It still started out of no where and I think I can see why now. They are doing a weird thing where they air the episodes out of order because with both episode 1 and episode 2, we go a 1 of 3, and 2 of 3, the next episode having a new title and a 1 of 2.

So, I guess one more episode won't kill be but overall I see no real value in continuing to watch it when there is no emotion behind the characters.

12. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I think the 3/3 Episode will be later in the series, maybe the Halfway point with Soma's Point of View and why she wanted to kill herself.

I agree with the emotions they felt kind of forced when they realized Soma died, but I felt they still did a decent job.

13. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I began watching the third episode and my opinion remains, it's a very dull mystery, to the point of they are trying to make it more of a mystery then it actually is and drowning it with more dialogue than needed to get the point across. So, it's officially dropped, those of you who are watching, enjoy it.

14. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Yeah it has a lot of talking and while boring at times, I am still engrossed by it. the Preview for Episode 4 has me hyped though.

The main character is so freaking bland.

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Now episode 4 was severely rushed, but that ending was freaking intense.

16. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This anime has taken a turn for the worst thanks to episode 5. Man that was a weird episode. It wasn't even a flash back. Just a "Well...here ya go."

17. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Episode was literally all over the place. In the end they never fully explained the Photo power. So it turns out if you have the Photo you can enter the place for 5 minutes...okay that's cool. Wait so what your also telling me is that if you're in close proximity of said place you can be in a different area as well.

What the fuck?

Then Eri is just gonna be like "Okay whatever see ya Senpai." Sooo...anything else???

Also why wasn't Murase affected by Kei's reset? I knew she was able to do it in an earlier episode but I forget if that's her power or she actually uses someone elses.

The Small Stone question was interesting. While my heart wants to believe Kei was talking about Haruki the second time, I think it makes more sense that he talks about Sumire when he says "Sorry i misspoke."

18. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I was so happy when I saw Kuze post because I thought it would be the Oral Cigs ending...but alas T_T

19. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Yeah, that new album isn't out yet, methinks.

20. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

@Sora Senpai

The Oral Cigarettes ending theme full is out.