Food & Drink Share your recipe!!! (っ˘ڡ˘ς)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fantasy, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory

Eating something good you made at home? Made something unusual? Or maybe you have a family recipe you want to share? Post a pic and add the recipe so we all could enjoy the dish ;)

I don't have any good photos of the kitchen magic so I will add my hot pot recipe. This one requires a clay pot :)

HOT POT

[​IMG]

Usually a hot pot includes everything you like. So feel free ti include or exclude the ingredients. Use your imagination :)

Ingredients:
    500 g. of meat (it can be chicken, pork, beef... etc. The only thing that change are spices and preparation time)
    Bunch of veggies :) I like vegetables so usually I add the same amount of vegetables (or even more) as I add the meat. You can add: mushrooms, broccoli, onion, carrot, paprika, potatoes, spinach, peas, beans in the can, celery and etc. The combination actually doesn't matter, but if you want to get a more "creamy" consistency add more potatoes.
    Spices (according to you taste e.g. salt, pepper, herbs, garlic, fresh dill, parsley... etc)
    chicken or vegetable stock
    maybe some oil

Procedure:
    There are two ways of making it.... Healthy or less healthy.

If you are making a healthy version all you need is to take you clay pot. Layer meat at the bottom, then potatoes and and then all other vegetables. Add the spices and pour over the stock until it covers all ingredients. An now put your clay pot in 220 C for 1.30 - 2.30 hours. That depends on the type and quality of the meat you have chosen. In the end meat has to be very soft. Serve it with a sour cream and I know people who likes to it with some bread.

Less healthy version and a faster one :):
    Put aside your clay pot. Take a frying pan. Preheat it , add some oil and fry separately meat and put it to the bottom of the pot, add some potatoes. Then.fry some onion, finely chopped carrots, celery, paprika etc. Put other uncooked vegetables on the top. Add the spices and pour over the stock. Preheat the oven 220 C. Cook for and hour or 2. That depends on the type and quality of the meat you have chosen. In the end meat has to be very soft. Serve it with a sour cream and I know people who likes to it with some bread.

So let's share the recipes. I am very interested in the local food :)

OctalKey, Scruffie, Narilka and 2 others like this.
  2. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Ze Basic Chicken Roll:

Its kind of like your wraps but bigger.

[​IMG]

Stuff you need
    :

Boneless Chicken Breasts cut into thick strips

A tomato, cucumber, onions, green chilli, some leaves (prolly coriander), lemon, sauce of choice, some black salt/pepper, salt to taste, some paneer if you find some (let's see they're prolly called farmer's cheese but it's not exactly that. Kinda like tofu but better). Anyway screw paneer, chicken should suffice as enough filling.

1/2 teaspoon coriander powder,1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon curry powder, vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, turmeric as required, 1 teaspoon low fat yoghurt,1/4 teaspoon ginger paste

3/4 cup all purpose flour

How to?

Marinate the washed chicken and let them be for an hour or so. Heat oil in a frying pan, add sliced onions, saute on medium flame until light brown in color. Put in the chopped tomatoes, green chilies and other ingredients except curry powder. Mix that stuff well and cook for 2-3 minutes, now add the marinated chicken pieces.Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes. Keep stirring in between. Add ½ cup of water. If the chicken is drying too much sprinkle some more water. Once done add curry powder. Mix well and remove from heat.

Now for the wrap. The wrap which we call the paratha is quite similar to a tortilla but there are some differences. Mexican Tortilla takes much lesser time to cook too.

So for the dough, mix well all purpose flower, vegetable oil and salt. Now add water slowly, and knead very smooth dough. Make 3 or 4 equal sized balls out of it. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball into a round paratha. Heat a pan and cook the paratha one at a time. Flip and cook both sides without oil first (cook for a minute in total), now add 1 tbsp oil for each side, flip and cook until light brown spot appears.

Avoid too much flipping, the parathas may get hard.

Now arrange the chicken in a decent manner in the wrap. Give the chicken some lemon juice; garnish with some sliced onion, cucumber and chopped coriander leaves. Drown it in that blessed chilli sauce/mixture of sauce/or whatever you prefer. Roll the paratha firmly, and wrap one half of the roll with tissue paper. Fold the bottom part of the tissue paper inside the roll. Stuff it in your mouth. Done.

Oh Snape, OctalKey, Fantasy and 2 others like this.
  3. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

4. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Pear Bread!

3 1/2 cups sifted flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    4 eggs
    2 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves, chopped; or 2 cups fresh pears, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5-inch loaf pans.
    In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda, and nutmeg and set aside.
    In a separate mixing bowl using an electric mixer on high speed, beat together the sugar, oil, butter, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs one at a time beating well with each addition. The mixture will begin to thicken and be a light lemon color.
    Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in the pears.
    Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out loaves and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
    Wrap each loaf in foil and let stand overnight in a cool dry place before serving.

Fantasy and Kuze like this.
  5. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

I have a couple of different recipes for pot roast but here is one of my families favorites. Now I am not very good at measuring when I cook so I just put in the amount that I like.

Pot Roast

2lbs beef roast
    1 bag baby carrots
    1/2 bag Yukon gold potatoes- peeled and cut to your liking
    kosher salt to taste
    black pepper to taste
    onion powder to taste
    garlic powder to taste
    1 cup red wine
    1 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 cup beef stock

Add the wet ingredients and then the dry to how you want it to taste and mix evenly.
    Add the potatoes and carrots
    place the meat on top. take some of the liquid and pour on top of meat
    close the top and set it to 55 minutes if cooking in an electric pressure cooker

There are a couple different ways you can cook this, I used an electric pressure cooker so I can set it to forget it and it was done in under an hour. However you can also use a crock pot and it can be set on low and cook for approximately 8-10 hours or on high for approximately 4-6.

[​IMG]

6. Koda

Koda Senior Member

Anyone still up for this I remember having a thread on A4 like this ?

7. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

I make lamb shoulder chops in herbed garlic butter pretty often, its nearly impossible to fuck up and an easy way to impress your dates. Everyone loves a partener that can cook more than chinese take out or spaghetti-Os.

Anyway you will need.
    -A stovetop (gas is prefered, but im a pleb with an electric range so I make due)
    -A 12" pan of some kind (cast iron or ceramic is best here)
    - tongs and a basting brush

-2 lamb shoulder chops, I go for about -8-10oz each
    - 2 pats of butter, real unsalted butter, we dont use margerine in this house fuckers.
    -½ - 1 tsp of minced garlic (less if fresh, more if dried, or go nuts, garlic is delicious)
    -½ tsp of thyme
    -1 tsp of herbs de province (I like a little extra thyme, but feel free to experiment)
    -Salt and pepper to taste, I also use seasoning salt from time to time.

Now, take your oven and set it to about a 4 or 5 on your eye of choice, and set your pan down.
    Place your butter in the pan and let melt, once melted, but not burning (we arent making brown butter here) add all herbs and spices. let them steep in the butter, mixing as needed. After a few minutes you can bring the heat up a bit, no higher than a 6, and lay down your lamb.
    Cook to your prefered doneness (use a meat thermomerter if needed in the thickest part of the chop away from the bone if you are unsure), basting with the butter mixture periodically to keep the meat moist.

You should get something like this.
    [​IMG]

I like to pair this with rosemary red potatoes and sesonal steamed veggies, but you do you.

8. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Thought I might share my recipe for coconut ginger rice. This is really easy to make in a rice cooker and is a huge hit with everyone I share it with, or not in some cases, I can eat a ton of this stuff, its just way too good.

I don't have my own image right now, since this stuff gets devoured on sight, but here's a nice pic I stole from google lol
    [​IMG]

Anyway, for this recipie, you will need

A good rice cooker, I have an aroma rice cooker that looks like its been through a war but this thing keeps on trucking and never messes up my rice.
    A small pan
    2 cups of basmati rice (rice cooker cups, not baking cups, this is very important as the rice cooker cup measures 1 gou or 180ml)
    1 14oz can of coconut milk of your choice (you want full fat, no light milks here, shake the can vigorously to mix the solids before opening)
    1/2 can of water as needed
    1 rounded tablespoon of coconut manna ( I like this brand, but you can use any)
    1 teaspoon ground ginger (fresh is better but I don't always have it on hand)
    1 teaspoon of ground garlic
    salt to taste

Ok measure out your rice and rinse until the water runs clean, and add it to the machine.
    Take your can and shake it to combine the solid and liquid portions of the coconut milk, they separate and this is totally normal. pour the well mixed, milk into your rice. Add the few ounces of water and mix, I usually go for around 4-6 oz
    In your pan, on low heat add your coconut butter and spices cooking until well combined and aromatic. remove from heat and add to your rice mixture and stir in.

Set your rice cooker to "white rice" and wait for the magic to happen. the bottom of the rice may caramelize a bit, but its nbd, it's still super tasty.

If you don't like coconut I still recommend you give this recipe a shot, my husband hates coconut with a passion but he devours this stuff on sight. Its really that good =)

I serve this with fish and poultry, but you could do a lot of things with it. It makes a great meal base and snack. Plus its totally vegan if you are into that kind of thing.

#8 Pinky The Blue Flamingo, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Fantasy likes this.
  9. Fantasy

Fantasy The Saint of SC
    Staff Advisory