Action Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown:

The second season of Shingeki no Kyojin. Eren Jaeger swore to wipe out every last Titan, but in a battle for his life he wound up becoming the thing he hates most. With his new powers, he fights for humanity's freedom facing the monsters that threaten his home. After a bittersweet victory against the Female Titan, Eren finds no time to rest—a horde of Titans is approaching Wall Rose and the battle for humanity continues!

(Source: Funimation)

Trailers
    :

Air Date
    : Apr 1, 2017

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Spring 2017 kicks off proper this Saturday with Hero Academia and this one.

3. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Supposedly Crunchyroll will start the first episode of season 2 on Saturday. Should be interesting to see how much further they get in the story. Here's a little teaser:
    www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/638800

4. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever felt as disinterested about a second season as I am with this one. There've been series I didn't like, Sword Art Online being one of them, where I still gave the sequel a shot, whereas I thought this was okay, but I really don't plan on watching it any further. :p

5. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

12 Episodes though...

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Blood, guts, nude titans and humanity on the brink of being devoured. Yup, nothing's changed. Miche the man.

Damn, his death was brutal

[​IMG]

I'm so confused. Given Annie's situation, I surmised that the human-titans were well aware of the 3d maneuver gear. So why is tropical Yeti out for intel here? Also damn spoilers everywhere trying to ruin my experience. Makes me afraid to google stuff. Anyway, having not read the manga, I guess the folklore will be broken down slow and steady throughout the season. The ending credit animation was quite interesting. Delved on the history of the titans (from what I could figure out).

Let's hope this season concentrates more on revealing the truth behind the titans and not just slash and gore.

7. Enies

Enies Famous Member

this season is so late and its gonna be way behind the manga. The manga is already getting meh so I probably wouldn't really touch this show.

8. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Makes me sad, I want more.

I am really excited to have Titan back. I was not disappointed in episode one, I was glued to the television while watching it. It seems like they are putting other characters in the spotlightwhich is a nice change of pace; at least for me it is.

I like how some parts of the anime remind me of a comic, through some scenes where outlines are thick and the shadowing and angles.

The bloody portions did not disappoint me; just another reminder for my not to get attached to the characters as they are all expendable in this world.

Loved the talking neanderthal I am excited to see what kind od Titan he will turn out to be. Is he on the same level as Annie and Reiner or is he higher up on the Titan hierarchy? Seems to be like he might be.

Ready for episode 2!

9. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

I'm not bothered by the 12 episode count. It's actually something I had mentioned in a previous thread about this.

Attack on Titan should have never been 25 episodes from the start. Had this season been 25 episodes, 21, or what ever count you want in the standard production cycle, there would be no Season 3 for another 3-4 years.

Season 1 covered approximately 40% of the content currently available in Manga form.
    Had Season 2 had the same amount of episodes, it would get close to 80-90% of what is available in the Manga.
    Season 3 wouldn't see a production date until 2020.

10. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The despair is class. Juggling two top notch action-fantasy shows together is such a treat.

[​IMG]

11. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Sasha...SASHA!!!!! HELL YES!!!

Narilka likes this.
  12. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

The more this season progresses, I feel like the less sense it's making. The mysteries are piling up dammit. I should prolly give S1 another watch.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

If people watched this episode very carefully they would have figured something MAJOR out. That's all Ill say about that.

Good episode though, the BEAST IS BACK

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

What wasn't MAJOR though? There were so many talking points I almost lost track. Titans at night, Ymir giving odd glances, Beasty Boy climbing walls and prolly some more stuff I might not have noticed.

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Look I know things, unfortunately, I can tell you that certain scenes should have lead to more "Oh...that's interesting moments" That's all I'll say.

16. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

It's kind of enjoyable to watch at the moment. We get to see some more characters and learn about their lives. What bugs me is how dense everyone seems to be after what they've experienced up to now.
    From last season we pretty much figured out that there are two types of titans. There are the brainless ones of varying size that just come in and eat people. Then there are the colossus titans that are really people that have transformed, usually with some kind of thunderclap. All this talk about saving humanity, no. The lesser titans are weapons being wielded by other humans of a warring nation trying to conquer those within the walls. The appearance of an ape like titan with eloquent speech and curiosity about the air gear seems to me to indicate the presence of a third nation to join the battle. Of course there are no living witnesses to his appearance so we'll have to see when the others become aware. The fact that the lesser titans with him can run and follow simple directions should be a clue to the scouts that something is going on. Maybe the priest will shed some light on the matter.
    Still have to watch the third ep, hoping for some more revelations.

17. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

@Griffmeister I agree, the humans seem to be stuck in their head at one point or another through out the show.

I am loving learning about the new characters. I really like seeing the neanderthal titan really want to see what and who he actually is. Hopefully we will find out this week since he climped over the wall I doubt he will be able to hide.

I have to remind myself not to get attached to anyone. Reiner I hope he will be ok.

And I really need to know what is in that basement.

18. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Well I finally got to watch the third ep. Seems to raise even more questions.
    Let's see, we have a bunch of more advanced titans and yet no breach in the wall. Also a bunch of destroyed buildings but no blood and guts. Hmmm, could the new titans be made out of the missing town folk? With some of these differences I'm even more inclined to think that there's at least two factions at war with our heroes. At least the priest is opening up a little bit. As far as the basement goes, will they actually get in this time? Didn't it end up getting buried in more rubble near the end of last season?

19. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

That Ymir bomb just dropped.

[​IMG]

20. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

God Damn those deaths were freaking Brutal. Ripping apart that one chick though...guhh.

So Ymir is a Titan, not only that she's the Titan that ate Reiner's Father.

Hmmm things are going to get a LITTLE more sticky lol.