Action Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kuze, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai so it's confirmed that it was her? It did look like her but I was under the impression it was one of the low level Titans, even though there was a resemblance.

I was really impressed with Reiner this episode, yup already attached and will be super upset if he dies. Which is very likely in the series.

There wasn't a whole lot of development in who the neanderthal titan is but I can see it's building to information overload. Hopefully soon!

2. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Not confirmed, but when I look at the "generic" titan, and Ymir I can see a resemblance.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

NOTE TO SELF. Never google about anything Shingeki no Kyojin. NEVER. Just wanted to clarify something about Reiner and stepped on a major spoiler. DAMN YOU WIKI.

Anyway let's see what's in store in today's episode.

You mean Reiner's childhood friend (if you're referring to the clip showing a flashback of Reiner's childhood in the previous episode)?

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Woohooo big secret and big fight next episode.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Lel Reiner spilled the beans pretty awkward and fast. This was the spoiler I was talking about that I mistakenly saw the week before last.

The flow of the plot has become so weird. So many questions piling up but the answers are nowhere in sight.

Anyway I need Reiner to punch the shit out of Eren. I need some of that.

6. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

I have my suspicions on where this season will end. There are some parts that happened a lot quicker than I expected and there are some parts that is progressing slower than I expected.

Since the season is shorter, be prepared to have a lot of theories and questions on hand, there is a strong possibility that you won't see answers to your questions until 2019... and that's me being generous with the time framing.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

@Shi

Yeah I've pretty much resigned to the fact that the really fundamental questions won't be answered this season (questions like the hows and whys of shape-shifting titans, why are they intent on destroying humanity, that big tropical yeti titan or even the goddamn basement joke). There'll prolly be bits and pieces but it will end in nail biting and a year's worth of waiting or they could announce a new season this winter of more or less 12 episodes. That'll quite possibly catch up to most of the release till this summer.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Failed to notice who the other person was who got swallowed by Bertolt. Must be another titan in the ranks. Damn, some good animation on the Colossal form.

[​IMG]

I'd be sorely disappointed if the reason why the shape-shifters are pushing humanity to the brink of extinction is some warped sense of higher evolution.

#28 Kuze, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

It seemed to be a Generic person. But who knows. This new episode was freaking AMAZING!!! That fight was one of the best ive seen in anime in a minute!!!

10. Narilka

I am not so sure if it will be a generic person or not but I don't think they were killed when Berthold swallowed them, I can't say for certain though. This episode had some amazing fight scenes really exciting!

11. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

My thoughts exactly. It looked more like they were all pulling out of the mission which Ymir and the other person were a part of. Infiltration, intel and whatnot. Bertholt basically used his mouth as a pocket.

Narilka likes this.
  12. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Attack on Titan Season 2 opening Full『Linked Horizon - Shinzou wo Sasageyo!』

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

This episode was kinda boring.
    I guess that random soldier was in fact a random soldier and Bertoldt took his gear.
    Mikasa's reactions were well detailed though. Props to the art director.
    The ending got me fired up for next weeks episode though

Narilka likes this.
  14. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The hunt is on! Sometimes I feel like Eren's dad is behind everything. Just a random thought that crossed my mind.

Narilka likes this.
  15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Well, some things were clarified at least. Even if not directly. Evolution it is then.

[​IMG]

#35 Kuze, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  16. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Another boring episode. Next week is flashback trash. Christa will be there so things should be somewhat interesting

17. Narilka

Welp, just like what Sora said pretty boring. The last few episodes better be some answers, I don't want to go to online spoilers but it is getting a little frustrating to have so many questions after over 30 episodes and little to no answers. Really expecting more from this season after waiting for so many hears for it.

18. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

2 more episodes to go and this is still a pretty confusing season. Ymir is 60+ lol.

19. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I actually think this was the most helpful episode yet.
    So we know Ymir is old, she says she's 60+ but she also said something interesting while in the trees as well. "Eren probably doesn't remember who he ate as well." Okay that's interesting. So we'll put that theory on that back burner right now. Eren ate someone.

Then we go on to Ymir backstory. She was in a town outside the walls. She's the leader of a church and has the "Kings blood" Shit eventually goes down and the towns people throw shit at her and the soldiers turn her into a titan. Okay so there's one question answered that was pretty obvious. Humans are turning other Humans into titans. Obviously. So now we ask where are these other people from? What Science is behind turning people into titans? Why are they turning people into titans? So one answer leads to more questions.

Then we fast forward to Ymir waking up and eventually eating Marcel....Marcel who was in a group with Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie. So I think it can be safely said that Marcel was a titan as well. So after Ymir ate Marcel she turned back into a human. So can I feel it can be safely said that eating a Titan in Human form gives that Titan the opportunity to switch back and forth between Titan and Human

Now we bring that Eren incident back onto our main burner. If the theory of a titan eating another titan in human form holds up, Eren had to eat someone since he obviously can switch back and forth. So then who did he eat? My guess would be his father since they showed him in season one injecting him with something and telling him to GET TO THE BASEMENT. It would make sense that his father could be a titan since he probably holds information on titans in the basement. Also my guess would be there's either different injections of whatever they are using to make titans, or when a titan eats another titan they take on specific traits based around their human natures.

Then there's Christa...we know she's royalty but on which side?
    The church inside the walls, are they with the people making the titans? Are they from the other walls?

so granted we have some questions answered, there's only more questions asked.

Christa is basically the main character this season lol.

20. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Some interesting points @Sora Senpai

If that's the case, I'd be pretty disappointed. I was expecting the shape shifting titan anomaly as an outcome of intensive research carried out by other nations. But does this apply to that yeti/hairy titan though? That guy looks like a relic.