Action Sirius the Jaeger

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Kerberos, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Sirius the Jaeger
    [​IMG]

Here's a new anime original anime I'm hype as hell for. This show looks like it’s going to be a cross between a historical action series and a monster hunting romp. The series takes place in 1930s Tokyo and revolves around an eternal battle between vampires and werewolves and hints at a larger conspiracy brewing behind the scenes.

[​IMG]

There are numerous reasons why I’m highly intrigued by this series. For starters the premise reminds me strongly of another anime original that also happens to be one of my favourite anime of all time: Blood+. However looking at the staff list I think what we can expect from this series will be somewhat similar to another favourite of mine: Canaan. Mostly because Canaan and this show were both directed by Masahiro Ando. And that’s not the only thing these two shows have in common as they are also both produced by P.A. Works. In fact, up until this point Canaan was the only action series P.A. Works had ever done. So my thinking is that these similarities are anything but co-incidental.

[​IMG]

Lastly I was highly impressed with the music in the PVs we got so far. Which once again, is not surprising as the person who did the music for this series is none other than Masaru Yokoyama who’s most recent work was Fate/Apocrypha but who for me will always be synonymous with the amazing soundtrack for Iron Blooded Orphans. Yokoyama has this way of composing music that one moment gets you pumped as hell and the next makes you want to bawl your eyes out. And seeing as a series about vampires fighting werewolves is probably going to include at least a few character deaths, he seems like an excellent choice.

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Sirius the Jaeger Opening Full

SIRIUS / KISIDA KYODAN & THE AKEBOSI ROCKETS

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Music video for the opening theme

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Sirius the Jaeger Ending Full - Hoshie / sajou no hana

5. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

So far this anime is worse then every other Vampire anime lol. Like they try to make you feel for the MC with backstory that honestly is very uninteresting. "Omg mom is dead" Generic.