Snipping tool

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Enies, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Enies

Enies Famous Member

is it possible to make the forum work with snipping tool? meaning i can share images by screenshot with this app and just paste it into here.

thanks.

2. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Can't you just do that anyway using the BB code for images? That is, assuming those images are stored online and have a share link.

Code:
     [IMG] image link here [/IMG] 
    Failing that, the only way to do it is to add the images to imgur or something and use the same code above.

Is it a Windows app for capturing screenshots? If it is, then the answer is no. What you're asking for is direct uploads to SC's servers. That would mean enabling uploads for everyone, and we can't do that. I have disabled that option a long time ago for people who are not staff/contributor group to save on server space. Don't want slowing the site down with clunk. ;)

I think I already said "no" to allowing direct uploads a few times before though.

3. Enies

Enies Famous Member

yes im talking about the windows app. I don't really know what the technical aspects of it are but it seems extremely convenient for me to add an image using the snipping tool.

idk sometimes i want to share an image and it just doesn't work even when i use the insert image link button. I think the snippet tool just makes things easier.

4. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Yea, but you can't upload images directly to Sakuga's servers, so there's no way for you to do that. The snipping tool just takes a screenshot, same as the built-in screenshot ability command+shift+4 does on my mac. It saves a screenshot to my desktop. I can then upload that to tinypic/imgur or whatever image site I want.

Some larger sites allow you to upload directly because they are monetised, but SC does not have advertising. We're not making money from this site at all, so we don't have the site on very big servers, therefore, I can't open up the option for regular users to upload images directly.

Enies likes this.