Adventure Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (A place further than the Universe)

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Synopsis:
    Mari Tamaki is a girl in her second year of high school who wants to make the most out of her youth but is usually too afraid to do so. One day, she meets Shirase Kobuchizawa, a girl who has been saving up to travel to Antarctica to search for her missing mother. Joined by two other girls, Hinata Miyake and Yuzuki Shiraishi, Mari and Shirase set forth on a cruiser ship bound for the Antarctic.

Studios: Madhouse
    Source: Original
    Genres: Adventure

PV:

Each episode will air every Monday on Crunchyroll with episode one airing on January 2nd

2. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

Aww man what a strong and well done first ep! I love the protagonist, she reminds me so much of myself. The anxiety she feels about even small changes in her life is something I deal with daily, and they portrayed that initial excitment changing to creeping fear and then to inaction so well.

Just omg. These characters man. I am rooting for them all the way!

3. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

4. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

While I love Mari, Shirase has stolen my heart. Like honestly she will probably be my favorite girl in any anime this season. I know thats bold seeing this is the first anime of the season I'm watching. But those smiles she had in episode 1....HEART MELTING <3

5. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Loved it even more than the first episode.

Hinata is really fun and her natural chemistry with Mari is great to watch. It's like they know each other since birth. They remind me of Yui and Ritsu

I loved how they draw the running part, particularly Hinata, and the humor is on point. Also...Physics lol

It looks like a cute girl show done right.

6. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Hinata has me rolling throughout this episode. Shirase was pretty hilarious as well, but when Hinata bent backwards and just screamed out "ITS NOT THAT HARD" I was done! LOL

One thing I really liked in this episode was when Shirashi was like "you guys are all best friends" and everyone looked at each other and were like "Yeah we've only been together a month." Like yeah that's how real life works! If you have a group with the same goal then that's great, you'll be around those people more often but 99% of the time they wont be your best friends. Which is something other shows can learn from this.

You cant be best friends after three episodes...maybe after 12 and a trip to Antarctica you can though lol.

7. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

I've been wondering what Megumi's role in this anime would be for some time now. Like is she just Mari's friend or more? And after that ending I would assume she is slightly more important to the story.

Mari's mother had me crying though lol. "Put the weapon down!" "It's a cooking utensil" So funny.

Hinata waking up real quick and screaming made me laugh as well. Along with "Please shut talking now" When I first read that I though "Um...subs?" but nope it was real lol.

Really good episode though. I like the balance between the story focusing on Mari wanting to break the mold and Shirase trying to find her mother.

Side note: Shirase has to know that her mother is dead. I think that she just wants to at least find her resting place. I also think she might find her cellphone with her text messages on them. That would suck.

8. Kuze

Kuze 『WANTED』
    Contributor

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Opening Full

The Girls Are Alright! / saya

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Ending Full

Koko kara, Koko kara『ここから、ここから』

9. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

A Place Further then the Universe Review

Story 10/10: Let me first say that this is not an anime where cute girls are doing cute things. This is not an anime about Two Girls who just want to go to Antarctica because they can.
    This is an anime about self discovery, the ambition to do something when you put your mind to it, overcoming your past, dealing with your future, and the bonds that can be formed between a group of girls who have come together dealing with all of the issues previously mentioned. While dealing out bits and pieces of comedy this story ended up being one of the best I have seen, and is one of the best slice of life anime out there.

Art and Animation 10/10: The art and animation was absolutely stunning. The animation it self was different from most. It was like a breath of fresh air every time watching it. The art though went really above and beyond once they were in Antarctica. Wow. Just wow the visuals were simply stunning.

Sound and Music 10/10: The sound, music and bgm were flawless. Well I shouldn't say that. The ending wasn't my favorite song, but the opening was very catchy especially during the drum solo. Really fun song. The music during the show fit each scene perfectly.

Characters 10/10: The characters were fantastic. It's not even our main group of girls. All of the side and minor characters fit this show perfectly. Some barely got screen time, but there were moments which involved them which would make you go "Aww" or give you a laugh or two.
    The four main girls though are some of the best. Honestly if you asked me to pick "Best Girl" of this series, I might have to get back to you in a couple of days, because each one of them is special to me.

Enjoyment 10/10: I think you can all guess by now my enjoyment of this anime was through the roof. It's an inspirational anime. Each week I found myself saying "Okay how are they going to top themselves now." they were able to bring entertainment each and every week.

Overall 10/10: Overall this anime is something special. Really really special. I would consider this anime a Masterpiece. It ended perfectly. Just a really wonderful anime.

I highly recommend this anime to everyone.