Sci-Fi Star Trek

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Shadow Fox, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

Who here is a Trekkie? Do you like the original series or Next Generation, or all of them?

I couldn't get into the original series, its boring to me and I can't attach myself to any of the characters at all since I find them to be so dull. I used to watch a lot of Next Gen though, I would watch whatever episode was on at least a couple times a week years ago. I would have to say my favorite characters are picard, data and Riker.

#1 Shadow Fox, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  2. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

I've watched both the original series and The Next Generation. While I appreciate the impact the original series had, I still prefer The Next Generation. I think in general the writing was much more solid. Also "The Inner Light" is still one of the most brilliant episodes I've ever seen. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I highly suggest you do.

3. Takatofan1986

Takatofan1986 New Member

I love all the series except the original. Just like the OP, I found TOS really boring. I reeeeally tried, but I just couldn't get into it. Deep Space Nine was extremely underrated. I can understand people being upset that they weren't exploring, but it was still a great show with a lot going on. Voyager was great too, and obviously TNG. I only watched Enterprise for the first time last year and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. One of my favorite things about that was how they brought Brent Spiner as the Dr. who invented Data. I thought that was really cool.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Yes I am!

Rating:

TNG
    TOS
    DS9
    VOY

you'd have to beat me over the head with a prop phaser to get me to rewatch ENTERPRISE. The only good thing about it was when Brent Spiner was on it and said the Captains crew needed a sense of humor :D :D (and the Troi and Riker appearance in the pathetic finale).

Yes TNG is the best. No other series had episode endings quite like they did. I'm referring to the quite retrospective at the end. Quite often you'll see Picard staring out the window of his ready room pondering the events of the last mission. :) :)

5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Who's watching Star Trek Discovery?Thoughts?

Just about to watch finale. Its been so-so but they can win me over with a solid finish.

And Deep Space Nine and original series ftw.

6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I refused to pay to watch it. (I have netflix and crunchyroll, thats enough for me on top of internet, phone and xbox live and ps plus. Im flip flopping on dropping netflix.) And knowing they put in f bombs in it i dont think i missed anything. And a prequel of only 10 years or so to kirk? Really????? I didn't like enterprise.