Sci-Fi Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by yoda313, Jan 23, 2017.

1. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 Mokoto "revy" kino

Star wars rey theory

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

3. wesleyv1

Coincidence I'm sure

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

you never know. thats the fun thing about theories. they could be real until the artist proves otherwise.

5. wesleyv1

Or the third movie is titled rebirth of the sith or something like that

yoda313 likes this.
  6. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

7. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@kt samuri - at least i agree with half your statement :)

9. wesleyv1

See here's the thing, the best actor in the world can only do soo much with the role he is given and if the script is truly terrible then they can only do what they can to stay afloat. For a kid it's a whole different story, not only are they typically not trained but they usually have no prior acting experience. So to put them in a movie with a less than stellar script is basically the equivalent of human sacrifice

yoda313 likes this.
  10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/why-st...keep-plummeting-to-their-death-180308996.html

i love it. the lack of railings is to make it look more dangerous. thats especially true in that kylo ren meets han solo scene at the end of ep 7. not a railing in sight.

of course thats opposite of mst3ks space mutiny. thats where they coined the phrase RAILING KILL :D zillions of poor dopes getting bumped off and falling to their death :)

11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Trailers out. Post it in a sec.

Cool!

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Heres an 8bit trailer redux thats incredible:

I had no idea they did this for trailers. Do they have a 16bit edition?

13. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I saw the first trailer, as it was attached to Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. I didn't expect that, and I couldn't avoid it without walking out of the theater. This is my favorite trailer in a long time, not because it was great by any means, but because it doesn't give anything away. I was terrified they would show the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer for that exact reason, but luckily they did not.

#33 Novaire, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I watched the 8 bit trailer again this time on the tv. Before on the phone i wasnt so sure but now i am. It's actually closer to super star wars on the super nintendo. IE its more like a 16 bit trailer. The details and everything are too polished for an nes game. and the sound is pure midi bliss that rocked the snes too.

Maybe we could call it a 12 bit ttrailer. the opening titles and the subtitle popups are purely accurate for hte nes star wars games. The light sabers though are too high end. And same with the stones floating in the air. You couldnt get that much fidelity on a nintendo.

So like i said its a great bit of homage to the olden days of gaming but its not quite a true 8 bit rendering.

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

16. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

FUCK YESSSS!!!!

I've been a huge fan of Abrams since his early days at Alias and I loved the direction he took the franchise in.

Abrams is a writer and director who truly knows how to create a strong female character with real characteristics and flaws. Very much unlike Collin Trevorrow who made one of the most openly misogynist films in recent memory with Jurassic World, thank god that hack is out.

I'm glad to see the franchise is back on the right track and personally can't wait for epIX now. I was already pumped for epVIII. I love seeing the next part in Rey's amazing journey towards becoming a true Jedi and Rian Johnson is no hack (I loved his high concept, insanely ambitious, ,ultra violent, cyberpunk, timetravel, action flick Looper) but it's epIX I really can't wait to see now. Rey is an amazing heroine that I hope they'll keep around for the next few trilogies (cause let's face it, no way are they going to stick to one) and Daisy Ridley does an amazing job portraying her. And with massive talent like Abrams at the helm she's in very good hands.

Man before The Force Awakens came out I always considered Star Wars as an entertaining but kind of silly relic from the 70s. Now I am feeling the HYPE like there's no tomorrow.

yoda313 likes this.
  17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Tada!

Hmmm we'll have to see whats gonna shake out.

Only disappointed that there were walkers in the second one ala empire. Hopefully there aren't too many blatant callbacks.