Sci-Fi Steins;Gate 0

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Tonto-banchou, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

More and more I think my suspicions about the professor are right. Unfortunately this whole beta world line seems to be turning topsy-turvy. It's like Okabe has to make a pact with the devil just to save everyone's life. And to top it all off, that damn "reading steiner" is kicking into overdrive. Hopefully something will happen soon to give him a positive direction to move in.

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

That ending. Wow.

Hopefully the next will give some solid explanations.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

STEINS;GATE 0 Episode 8 Ending Full - Lyra / Zwei

4. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

This show just doesn't let up. How is Okabe not having a total breakdown right about now?

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I think they cut away just then. Dont forget you didnt really see him up close at the very very end of the episode.

Yeah i think we need a .5 recap or maybe some kind of fluffy beach type episode for some levity.

6. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

A beach scene would be waaaaaay out of place, but boy do we need one now.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

well it could be a beta trifecta quad line :D :D

Griffmeister likes this.
  8. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Well I think this was as close to a beach scene as Steins Gate can get. At least everyone got to relax for a little bit, but oh Farris and Moeka, what started that? If Daru had snuck in at that moment I think we would have seen Suzaha start to fade out like Marty McFly at the school dance in Back to the Future. Knew it couldn’t last, another forbidding ending.

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Absolutely :D

Man okabe almost got to normal there it seemed. Im surprised he went. He did say he had to move forward but that seemed to be too much. But it set up the ending though that could have happened at a restaurant.

10. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Boy was that ever bold of him to return to the scene. I know this has nothing to do with anything but it sure seems odd that in a building where multiple shops have closed that they would leave open access to the floors that are vacant and unlit. Just makes everything that much more creepy. That ending with Maho though, you can see her start to sense that there is something going on beyond simple theoretical discussion.

yoda313 likes this.
  11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wow so thats it for now? Does it continue or does it break? I almost want it to carryover so i remember everything. This packs in so much you forgot a lot between seasons when its a long layover.

It almost seems like it must continue since there wasnt any shift really. We'll have to seewhat happens.

12. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Don’t quote me, but I thought I saw the cast in a montage of upcoming shows. You know something is up with all those lose ends.

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Well and the come visit us deal and the lab assistant with the blanket on the plane.

14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wooooooooww!

okabe talking to his mom :D kagari was so sweet in this. And the date! Oh man what an episode. And that ending what the hell?

Man how convuluted can this show get sometimeS?
    so who
    could the boy be? He was dark haired but he couldnt be okabe could he? I mean is that the idea that he learned the song from kagari??
    Talk about causality run amok :D

15. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Who's on first? After the fourth or fifth round I started getting light headed and couldn't tell who heard what where first. Best not to think about it and just go with the flow. And yeah,
    that was Okabe. Remember, these were the events that happened ten years earlier, about the same time that Mayuri's grandmother died. What gets me is that the mystery people in the van used the reference " runaway " when they spotted Kagari, along with a fairly large number. I almost wonder if this is like A Certain Scientific Railgun, if you're familiar with it? Could explain why Kagari has no memories of her real parents, because she's a clone ( same as the other runaways ) using some of Kirisu's DNA, thus the resemblance.

yoda313 likes this.
  16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Cool idea at the end. But w
    what if she is really the daughter of okabe and kirusu but with kirisu being erased from every timeline she is in some kind of hybrid grandfather paradox? Actually suruhu almost is but daru finally got on that date !

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Holy crap!

another Amadeus refrence but in the future?
    And my god they made it look like she wrote mommy in blood!
    So now everyone in the group knows about the time travel or was it just adding miyahu? And now kagari is missing again with the voice of God?!?!? Hmm wonder if thats why the series song ends with there is no God?

Wow crazy stuff.

18. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Wow, I mean Damn, I mean Holy Crap, I mean what the hell just happened? From the beginning of the show I knew there was something ominous about that wandering truck blasting Mozart all the time.
    Although brainwashing seems like a simple ploy from old TV spy shows, it does seem to work here in this context. Kagari has been missing for ten years and this seems like where they kept her, but her brainwashing already started in the future since she wasn't even born yet. Speaking of which, I'm still convinced that she is some kind of clone. Everyone says that she is a war orphan, and with some effort Mayuri was able to adopt her in the future. But, nobody knew her "real" parents, she doesn't even know her real parents, they only assumed that because of her orphan status. I think that's part of "Project Amadeus", they cloned Kirisu and got her integrated into the "Future Lab" gang so that she could return to the past for some further training to carry out some dastardly deed that we still have yet to learn of.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it, until next week at least.

19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Griffmeister - i would like to think in this case the obvious anwser they provide is the correct one.

is there any chance kagari actually kurisu?

Probably not. But they certainly know how to keep you hooked for the next week.

20. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Where's the next episode?????

Did cern go and screw the worldline and delay the episode??????