Super Mario Odyssey

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JennyorAlice, Apr 3, 2017.

1. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice Senior Member

Have you seen the trailer for Super Mario Odyssey? It's a Mario game coming out for the Nintendo Switch. In case you haven't seen the trailer, I've posted it below. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about the game so far, judging by the trailer.

2. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Kin of the Cosmos
    Platinum Founder

The hat throwing move with the ability to jump off of it looks pretty cool. The first level they show, the city one, looks the least interesting of the all of the areas in the trailer.

Could be fun if you have a Switch.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

Fuck u Nintendo.

I shall now have to buy a chipped Switch next year.

4. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I haven't had a really good time with a mainline Mario game in something like 15 years. Maker was good, but it didn't appeal much to me personally.

I've got a Switch, so I'll probably end up with it, but it doesn't strike me as particularly exciting.

5. TonyTony

TonyTony Active Member

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are amazing games. 2 more so, as it polished what was amazing about the first one. The music is STELLAR as well. (HEHEH) Highly recommend this game to WII owners.

6. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I played a bit of Galaxy, and I didn't dislike it, but I ended up with some pretty bad case of motion sickness both times I tried it, which had never really happened to me before, and hasn't since. A friend of mine had the same problem, so I decided not to tempt fate a third time.