Action Superhero Entertainment MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Deathstroke, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Deathstroke

Deathstroke 182.6% More Badass Than Your Average Villain

Talk about all of the Marvel shows on Netflix; Daredevil, Punisher, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Defenders, etc.

Talk about the movies. Iron Man, Avengers, Doctor Strange, etc.

Talk about the TV shows like Spectacular Spider-Man if you'd like.

Bring up the comics for reference and recommend some comics if you'd like but this is the TV and Film category so this isn't the place for in-depth discussion.

Talk about news surrounding any of these things. Are there push backs on release dates? Juicy drama surrounding people working on them? Hate a specific person like Dan Slott and want to rant? Let's talk about it!

DC entertainment works, too. Justice League, Teen Titans, Young Justice, etc. Talk about it all!

We need to generate more threads that get lots of attention and stay that way, so let's chat!

Spoilers ahoy.

#1 Deathstroke, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Why I've lost interest in Daredevil:

Because the Hand are doing a stupid hijinx of reviving dead Electra because she is Black Sky. Boooo.

3. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Iron Fist has been a roadblock for me.
    I don't want to continue to Defenders until I can get through it and it's just so ... bad.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the director was given the chance to do Inhumans too. Which is also ... bad.

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

On a different note, how was the Punisher tv series that came out last week? Anybody seen it? That's like the only one I feel like giving time to.

5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

^Starting that now and also Runaways. I liked Luke Cage (hopefully it'll figure out wtf its trying to do...love the soundtrack and supporting cst), Daredevil was ok....its just........generally meh when everything comes together.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/marvel_s_runaways/s01

Is this even part of the universe?

6. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I watched Daredevil season one, and a little bit of the second, along with Jessica Jones. In general, I've just completely fallen behind on all superhero television. I don't have much of an interest in the characters that've gotten adapted for Netflix either.

As a side note, I would rather Defenders have been called Heroes for Hire, given that the only members of the crossover that were in the Defenders were Iron Fist and Luke Cage, who are hardly on the regular roster, versus Heroes for Hire where they're the core duo. Jones and Murdoch haven't been members of Heroes for Hire to my knowledge, but they at least have an association there, where they don't with Defenders. Semantics, I know, but it annoys me slightly.

If Taskmaster or someone pops up in one of them, I'll catch up, but right now, I'm not especially engaged.

Deathstroke likes this.
  7. Deathstroke

Deathstroke 182.6% More Badass Than Your Average Villain

God I want Taskmaster to show up.

You guys know I love Deathstroke, right? I don't think I've gushed about him here like I have other places, but I fucking LOVE HIM. Taskmaster is the Marvel equivalent for me. They aren't the same, or even necessarily similar, but I love Taskmaster like I love Deathstroke. If he showed up I'd cream my pants lol.

I like Iron Fist. It was meh as fuck but I enjoyed it when I got past the false angst it was trying to push. It wasn't super duper bad, but it wasn't good, and I don't feel like there was passion for the character like there seemed to be for DD.

I liked Luke Cage, haven't seen Defenders or Jones yet though.

I really like Punisher comics but I haven't seen the show yet. Sorry, @Kuze.

Should I change this to a Marvel Entertertainment Mega Thread? It would generate more traffic for the site than an NCU thread would, which seemed like a good idea, but doesn't look like it'll have the same effect.

Yeah, I'll do that.

Let's talk about the Doctor Strange movie. Why do people call it an Iron Man clone? I don't see it, though I haven't seen Iron Man since the theatrical release. I have it on Terrarium TV blu ray somewhere though.

This is now a Superhero Entertainment MEGATHREAD. Please re-read the OP.

#7 Deathstroke, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Novaire likes this.
  8. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked Dr Strange but would've liked it more if they dialled back the 3trippy5me and comedy aspects just a smidge. AND GIVEN MORE TIME TO MADS MIKKLESON. God I'm so.....whats the word I'm looking for here.....

But yeah its like Iron Man in sense main guy is an arrogant but well meaning douche and its disjoined as hell lol.