Action Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Sora Senpai, Apr 8, 2018.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Another sinon mention!

But more importantly:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!

as it happened i was thinking of vader at the end of rogue one! Of course initially i had a faint hope of kirito popping in. But yeah that would have cheapened it.

Nice going :) plenty of emotion and action and even some real deal emotions not just blood lust :)

2. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Oh no, can it really be true that Pito is a PK’er from the LC in SAO with NG and LSMFT? Say it ain’t so, somebody, anybody?

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wasnt it established she missed the sao launch and has regretted ever since? Or are you suggestting that was a ruse and she actually was in laughing coughing like I was suggestting early on?

4. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

I'm pretty sure she just used her celebrity status to get ahold of a nerve gear.

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Hmm i dont know. I dont feel like weve had a deliberate lie in sao before. Id like to take the information thats given at face value.

Though if she was in aimcrad 1.0 she would still have it like kirito did, thats how he had access to yui still.

6. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

I doubt it’s really that difficult to get a nerve gear if you really wanted to find one.

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Sure black markets are everywhere.

It is weird though that kirito had his after sao, no forced recall????

8. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

The whole thing is a ruse, Kirito's mind has snapped and it is actually he that is playing the part of Pito. Notice we didn't see the other side of the wall as they were spraying the last room with bullets otherwise you would have seen the sword action that only Kirito is capable of deflecting every last bullet.

yoda313 likes this.
  9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Sweeeet!

Humvee action :D this was preetty intense. I love that all of em are going psycho. Just one word:

MORE!!!!!!!!!

10. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

And just when you thought Lenn was going to...

11. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

REVIEW!!!

Story 8/10: The story takes place a few years after the release of Sword Art Online. It centers around our main heroine Karen Kohiruimaki. She enters the world of Gun Gale online to get away from the issue she has being a very tall woman. She tries many different games but each one gives her a tall default character. That is until she enters Gun Gale online and becomes the Pink Devil LLENN.

I actually liked the idea of why Karen wanted to play games. Because honestly thats what we do. When we are sick of dealing with situations we don't want to deal with we turn to Anime, Video games or whatever else to distract us from our problems.

She then meets a fun amount of people including Pito, M, the Amazons. With this the Gun Gale story builds into something stronger.

Art 8/10: The art and animation were fantastic in my opinion. Taking out blood and replacing it with red pixels was a great. you could still sense it when someone was getting shot or cut.
    The main thing I liked about the animation was the First Person Point of view they went to at certain times. For instance LLENN is running in episode one but they have it so that you, the viewer, is seeing what she sees. I though that was pretty awesome.

Sound 9/10: The Voice acting was great and i thought the BGM and music throughout the anime was really well done as well. A lot of intense parts were paired with some great music.

Characters 9/10: Aww man Pito and LLENN were all you really needed in this anime. I was constantly struggling deciding who my favorite is between the two of them. (After the last episode it ended up being LLENN/Karen) The supporting cast was really fun too. M was hilarious at times and Miyu was pretty funny. I wish she was in the anime more in the beginning.

Enjoyment 9/10: I am surprised how much I enjoyed this anime. I thought it was not going ot be anything special but it turned out to be really great.

Overall 9/10: I honestly found this better then the original Sword Art Online. Now I did like Gun Gale better but only slightly. I just felt like this anime had everything that Sword Art didn't. An overall better cast of characters, better story, no romantic drama garbage, and a good ending.
    It's nothing like Sword Art and is basically a stand alone show. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun shootem up type of anime.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@Sora Senpai - blasphemy on the last bit! :D

I actually thought they should have used the fpv (first person view is what ill call it now) a little more then they did. But im glad they didn't abandon it in the last episode.

Im also glad they tried the bait and switch for the reveal! That was fun to think they actually might have switched it up.

As far as the overall show it was good. I missed the kirito/asuna characters of course and i think they should have had at least had a sequence of sinon working with the amazons in their prep with the tank gun. That would have been sweet :)

The only downside was making the field so big in the second tournament because you knew it was gonna end up just llen and pito. It sorta cheapened the battle a bit. Though the action was great and having pito go Darth Vader was a surprise for sure.

I almost wonder if they should have made this without being a sao spinoff? It could have been like infinite stratos or any number of powered up fighting series. I know they got a ton more viewers by attaching it to sao it just seemed like they didnt need to and could have gone alone.

It was a fun ride though. I guess my only real complaint is they did two tournaments in a single season. It was needed to set up m and llens intro into ggo. But it didnt quite make the same impact as bullet of bullets in phantom bullet as that just had the sinhle tournament (real life death aside in that case, though of course they pushed the pito/m pact to highten it).

So yeah even without any direct sao cameos i still had a good time.

13. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@Kuze You're the music man. I need your help finding the Insert Song from Episode 9. Can you help me out man??

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

I posted an insert song on Page 3 of this thread titled "Independence" by Kanzaki Elza. Is that the one?

P.S. If it's region blocked paste the link of the video on some proxy site (preferably with an Asian gateway server option choice).

15. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

Negative it was a song in episode 9 when Pito massacred that team.

16. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Not familiar with anything SAO, even this one, so it's a bit like looking for a black cat in a dark alley. Here's 2 more tunes. If these aren't the ones you're looking for then I'll have to search further tomorrow.

P.S. if these are region blocked for you follow similar advice given in my initial post.

17. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Nice title card on the second video :D maybe they'll make an ova explaining that shirt? Or at least featuring it :)

18. Griffmeister

Gold Founder

Go ahead Yoda, say it, I know you want to.....cute!

Got a lot of chuckles out of that episode, especially M's story during the car ride and the reactions it got.

19. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Plus that minors crack was intersting :!:

20. Sora Senpai

Contributor Gold Founder

@Kuze The entire album release on the 4th so I think it will be available by then