Fighting Tekken 7!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by StrawHats, May 2, 2017.

1. StrawHats

StrawHats Stuck in a chair
    Staff Member Moderator Founder

[​IMG]
    Release date: 02 June 2017
    Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​
    I know it's late and old news...but Tekken 7 will finally be available outside Japan in less than a month from today! It first came to arcades in Japan on March 18 last year and fans in America has been waiting since then. We've seen it in action during last year's EVO and now casual gamers in the fighting-game scene can finally taste it.

Already pre-ordered my copy for the PS4 and like the plebeian that I am, I won't be playing with a gamepad. Anyone else getting this for the PS4?

I mainly played as Asuka, Hwoarang, and Devil Jin on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but this time I'm going to branch out and at least learn the fundamentals for each character. Gonna be fun (and at times annoying)!

#1 StrawHats, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

I've tried watching tournaments of Tekken and I just can't get into it. I have played a ton of it on the PlayStation using Law as my main. Outside of that, I really just don't get the game.

3. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I'm not dissimilar. Tekken does pretty much nothing for me. I've purchased three mainline games at full price thinking 'This is the one', but it has never worked out. I seem to be more compatible with just about every other 3D franchise.

As characters go, I like Feng Wei. He's pretty much the only fella that I've sat down and properly learned in the entire series. I have some playtime with Lei Wulong as well, but without as much effort. He was fun in Street Fighter X Tekken, for whatever that's worth. :p

This will be coming out roughly two weeks after Injustice 2, and I'm far more inclined to pick that up over this one. I'll get it eventually, but at full price, I can't see it happening.

4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Was always inferior to Soul Calibre and Virtua Fighter games. And Rival Schools. So underated that one.

It was better than Dead Or Alive though.

5. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

False sir.

---

Sort of off topic, but at least it's about the same series, I just remembered playing Tekken Advance for the first time a few months ago, and I really enjoyed that one during that afternoon. I played through it two or three times without thinking too much about it. It didn't have either of my characters in it, but I got pretty comfortable with Hwoarang playing it. A Tekken game on Gameboy Advance might not sound like the new hotness, but I thought it was actually a nice version and a very ambitious game for the hardware. Honestly, it might be my favorite game in the franchise. :p

#5 Novaire, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. Shi

Shi The Aspirer
    Staff Member Administrator Platinum Founder

Looks like I need to pay attention to 3D fighters more.

I played all of those games mentioned: Dead or Alive, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur.

Couldn't tell you what makes any of them unique... except maybe Soul Calibur in that it's weapon based and that's the gimmick.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Bandai Namco Entertainment began streaming the opening cinematic for its upcoming Tekken 7 fighting game.

The company also began streaming a fourth character episode trailer. The video introduces Raven, Dragunov, Lili, Asuka, Leo, and Yoshimitsu.

8. StrawHats

Just 1 more week. My d-pad is ready for fingers and tv screen ready for my controller.

9. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

sounds cool, but I haven't played Tekken since around Tekken III or so. I always use to play as King and all I would do is try and grab people.

10. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

Tekken is one of my favorite fighting game series. I've never been a serious competitive player but I'm still done pretty good versus randoms online. Im not one of the pros who can juggle you infinitely off one hit but as a straight player I can say with confidence that I'm above average.

I've mained law since tekken 1 and have to say I've done pretty well with him. I'll probably pick this up as well, but I know it won't be a day one buy because I'm a cheapskate.

11. StrawHats

Grab a PS4 with it, friend. Show me your Law juggle.

12. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I loved Tekken, the last one I played was 5. I play Lei Wulong the most, followed by Bryan Fury and Asuka.

Anyways, I hope Asuka gives Lili a beating once again. Also, that Asuka outfit sucks! They better bring the schoolgirl outfit back. :love:

StrawHats likes this.
  13. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Bandai Namco Entertainment began streaming three tutorial videos for its upcoming Tekken 7 fighting game on Monday. The first video shows the game's new Rage Art and Rage Drive mechanics.

The second video shows the game's movement options, and how they can be used to evade attacks.

The third video shows the game's new Power Crush mechanic, and shows how it can be used to interrupt high and mid attacks.

14. StrawHats

I'm tempted to buy the Game Stop clerk ice cream to give me my copy a day sooner.
    - - -
    Popped that disc in the moment I stepped in my room. Here's a clip of my first online battle. I was very rusty, so it might be painful to watch. My timing was off. But, I still managed to pull a Perfect and a sweet juggle.

#14 StrawHats, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Kuze likes this.
  15. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Bandai Namco Entertainment has announced that the first DLC for its Tekken 7 game will be Ultimate Tekken Bowl. The bowling-themed mini-game is slated for August 2017.

16. StrawHats

Still losing to hardcore fighters out there, but I'm managing:

17. StrawHats

I started using Nina and so far, I'm liking it:

I'm having to rely on a lot of trickery and combos. Her short combos hit very light, but at least she has multiple start ups.

18. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

Doesn't the occasional panty shot brake your concentration? Or is it supposed to distract your opponents?

19. StrawHats

I'm always watching my opponent. I usually just keep my character in the corner of my vision, for spacing purposes. So no, my character's panties don't break my concentration. My opponent's panties...that's another story.

Matemar likes this.
  20. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Bandai Namco Entertainment began streaming a new video for Tekken 7 highlighting the launch of DLC character Geese Howard.