The Answer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Griffmeister, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

This is a test to see if the question transcends the barriers of age and/or nationality. Maybe it's a universal geek thing and everyone will have the same response. You all know the question, it's always in the back of your mind, it's there when you're awake, it's there when you dream. NO, it's not "what is the Matrix". The question is what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything? Be sure to post your answer first in a spoiler before you look at anyone else.

There are a couple of people that know the answer but will give some off-the-wall comment because that's what they do. This is what I suspect I'll see from most of the rest of you:

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Wait, so we aren't talking about the Matrix then? Confound it!

Does all of this have to have a meaning though. It was just a lucky roll of the dice.

3. Matemar

Matemar The Crow

I'm an existential nihilist. There is no objective meaning, only a subjective one.

4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Believe In Death

There are no answers to life, death, the universe and everything. Only questions.

5. ALToxicity

ALToxicity The great and powerful Peridot

There's no predefined answer, it is whatever you make it. The universe doesn't care either way.

6. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Yeah I'm gonna need to see some cash before I dish out any truths. I also accept bitcoin, weed and Pineapple Fanta.

Basically we're atoms. That think they are people. Now go get my money

Also wow, not a single 'deez nutts' comment. Don't know if I should be impressed or disappointed.

7. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

Wow, the results have been totally unexpected, are the cult classics that far removed from everyone's experience? I was sure Oh Snape would have picked up on the keywords given it's presence on BBC radio and TV, unless he's just playing around which I also suspect. Anyone else care to weigh in? Does this mean that we could also start to lose relevance in any reference to other classics like Mad Max or, horrors, The Matrix?

8. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

You don't need to be familiar with Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy to get the ref because its been posted to death on the net, usually out of context as its the answer to a question no one remembers asking.

Or something. Its been a while.

9. 5oul Crusher

5oul Crusher Newbie

There is no ultimate meaning. However, we create our own meaning. So in a sense, there is ultimate meaning, it's what we assign to it. But when we go to critically examine that meaning, it doesn't exist. So the meaning of life etc may as well be 42.