Horror The Conjuring 2

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Kuze, May 26, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Lowdown:

Well pretty little to be honest. But to break it down into two words #Enfield Poltergeist

Background
    :

Well, this is a true story after all.

Trailer

One question though, who the f is this ugly? And what's with the nun habit? Plus the St. Peter's Cross (inverted cross) trope is stale enough (not to mention misinterpreted).

[​IMG]

Anyways, real excited for this. I mean not going to the theatres to watch a decent (ahem crappy) Marvel film for a change. Worldwide release 10th June (more like from 7th to 10th in different countries).

2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

I agree that the Conjuring is a much better film in comparison to its present counterparts. It has a coherent (well as far as ghost stories go) story and decent production values.

3. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

The conjuring and sinister are my favourite 2 ghost movies of recent years. Haunting in Connecticut wasn't too bad either. So I'm looking forward to this. Decent ghost movies are few and far between though, and ghost movie sequels. .. eeeeh...

I mean... insidious 2. *shrugs*

4. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Oh man, Sinister. That dubstep music, Boogeyman and all those 8mm films with funny titles. However the dynamics changed after the second movie I think
    once that projector got destroyed.
    Anyways, yeah Sinister is a pretty fun movie to idle away to.

5. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Never saw the second one... would it be worth seeing?

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

First one was better but yeah no harm. 2nd one's worth a watch even if its a bit silly.

7. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

Not much of a horror guy but my friends wanna go see it so guess i will have haha. Getting prepared to not sleep for weeks on end

8. Jellz

Jellz Senior Member

Conjuring 2 managed to be a great sequel that overall is better than the original. In a genre where sequels are rarely even decent, it's nice to see one of them succeed. The tension was there and the scares were pretty good. In the theater there were people behind me who sounded terrified for the large majority of the movie. I liked the slow build up, and the feints they threw trying to tease a scary moment were done great. James Wan really knows what he's doing because there was nothing in this movie we hadn't seen before, it was just executed a lot better than other movies of its kind. Definitely one of my favorite movies of the year.

9. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

Great movie! Gave it a go and was not disappointed. Thrilling, yet not too corny.