OOC The Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by Randoms, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

A faint wind blows across your cheek, stirring you to slowly open your eyes as you awake. You find yourself lying uncomfortably on an uneven stone floor, curious as to how you were able to sleep on such a cold surface. The breeze blows again stronger this time leaving a chill as it subsides. Unaware of where exactly you are, you notice that the room is rather large and mostly barren, and well lit despite a lack of an obvious light source. The black stone walls strech far as they reach the distant curved ceiling. Large columns jutting from the walls separate the wall into segments where different scenes of ancient battles are engraved.

A slight cough brings your attention away from the scenes along the walls revealing that you are not alone. Several others are scattered around you also lying unconscious on the ground. As you finally stand, several of the strangers awake, murmuring equally confused of where they are. As you and the strangers gather in an effort to find out anything about your current situation, the wind again blows through the chamber, this time a large noise acompanying it. You all turn in unison towards the source of the sound. At the far side of the room atop a large stone throne sits an equally large stone statue of what you can assume was once a king. It takes up so much space along the wall you are surprised that you managed to not notice it when you first looked around the room. Even with the statue's size, it still was dwarfed by the height of the ceiling and the width of the room. Wearing thick armor with large plates on its shoulders as well as both its hands carressing the hilt of a sword just as tall as this giant, even when still it aired a threatening aura.

As you and the strangers around you look at the statue, the sound echoes again. The sounds continue as dust and debris rains from the statue. Cracks grow across the surface of the statue, smaller bits falling off as it continues to mildly shake. Some of the strangers around you back up slightly as fear fills their eyes. Some of the others hold their ground as they anticipate what comes next. You are not sure where you stand in this, but you continue to watch the statue as it begins to move. The statue stands up off its throne, its movement causing large pieces of the stone to fall off its body crashing into the ground. Huge clouds of dust fills the side of the room submerging the giant within the veil.

The ground shakes. With one step, the giant statue steps out of the cloud of dust. Most of the stone shell has fallen off revealing metal armor of a dull blue, trimmed in tarnished gold. Its head remains incased in stone as does its right shoulder and lower left leg. Within both hands it holds it's large sword the pointed tip only inches off the ground. The giant then slowly raises its sword over its head. Despite never having said a word, you know that what is to come. The strangers around you seem prepared for the inevitable battle. Noticing your own armaments, you prepare yourself as well. Why you were brought here or how is no longer reelvant at this moment, now its to just survive a battle with the behemoth.

~~~~~​

So this is my RP. The idea is that you were brought to this unknown place to battle. For some reason you were chosen from your place and time to take part in a gauntlet of battles againt powers foes for reasons unknown. You will be working together as the fights progress learning of why you're there and who brought you. It's a fantasy world so you can use magic. There will be breaks in between battles for you to rest and to interact and to get to know your situation. Think of it as almost a Dark Souls meets SAO type of deal.

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Armaments (Armor and weapons):
    Bio:

Your characters place of origin can be anything of your choosing, and is not limited by any sort of time period.
    I will be playing the bosses, so I will only be making a character if we end up lacking players.

I hope we can get some traction.

#1 Randoms, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Narilka likes this.
  2. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Sounds like a grand idea, you can most definitely count me in. I'll get a character up later today.

3. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Awesome. Here's hoping others follow suit. :)

4. Sygryn

Sygryn Active Member

I would love to join, but i don't want to hold anyone back because of my bad writing skills..

5. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Don't worry about your writing ability. As long as you put in the effort and follow the story you're more than welcome. You'll improve as time goes on. I don't expect novelists.

6. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Do accept my humble apologies, I got distracted and completely forgot about putting my character up! O.O

I shall do so poste haste tomorrow when I get up in the morning.

While I'm here, is it cool with you if I make two characters?

7. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

It's cool with me. As long as you're confident in keeping up with both of them.

8. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

Expect something in the coming days my dude.

9. Yajuu_Kikuishi

First Character:

Name: Azam Na’Zeem
    Appearance: Azam is of average height but is thick with knotted muscles. He has dusty brown hair, long enough to cover his eyes if it wasn’t held atop his head with a braided leather band an inch in width. Cool green eyes sit in deep sockets and his thicker-than-average eyebrows make for a constant furrow. A number of scars and burns mar his skin at various points. Azam nearly always leaves his upper half bare, with the exception of a pair of quilted leather bracers that adorn his forearms. His lower half is covered by loose fitting leather trousers, brown in colour, tucked into fur-lined boots. Fastened around his waist is a rope-like belt that holds a large quiver to the back of his waist where it leans to the right. Metal plates have been affixed on the outside of his bracers, as well as the front and back of his boots.
    Personality: Quick to a fight, but only if the other party (or parties) is willing, Azam gives the impression of being somewhat wild but actually keeps a tight rein on himself. Praises battle prowess and frowns at people who run from themselves; embraces all and any one, usually literally.
    Armaments: Azam carries a long spear, roughly a foot taller than him, with both a metal blade and a metal base; the shaft is of a hard wood. In his large quiver, Azam has a number of short spears designed for throwing; their tips are of a gold coloured metal.
    Bio: Azam’s people are known for the threat of their battle prowess. They are not an angry people, but they have shown a number of times that if they are wronged they will come down on you like pack of wolves. Azam was raised a warrior but continually failed in keeping inner peace; as such, as he grew, he came to seek battle and conquer adversaries. His so-called wild nature made it clear he did not belong with his people and so he set out at a young age, looking for more challengers. He found them, and beat them, time and again; but he took a share of losses as well.

He grew up very fast, but still jumped at the chance for battle. A few leaders even hired him to fight in larger scale wars but he wasn’t as keen on them as he was for one-on-one duels.

Second Character inbound... Edit: Right Now

Name: Joira Irrikelling
    Appearance:
    Jo is fairly short but wields a lithe, sporty body. She has shoulder length hair that start dark red at the roots and becomes lighter as it moves to the tips; the lightest colour is nearly orange. She shaves the right side of her head to a buzz cut and then pulls the rest into vertically twinned ponytails on the back of her head, angled to the left. Thick black lines run down her face, running across her sea-blue eyes and down to her defined collar bone. Jo wears a thin metal cuirass, with segmented straps that run over her shoulders. Her right arm is covered in criss-crossing leather straps from wrist to bicep while her left arm is bare except for a plain leather glove on the hand. Her leggings are dull green in colour, loose fitting and breathable, and tuck into brown cloth boots with thin leather soles. Three arrow quivers hang along the back of her waist; two angled right, one angled left.
    Personality:
    Upbeat and quirky, Jo is the optimist in any situation, smiling and laughing where others would cry; she’s come to fisticuffs a few times because of it. In a fight, however, she is focused and determined.
    Armaments:
    Jo marks herself as a Magical Archer and holds the equipment necessary to do so. Her self-made recurve bow stands 3/4 her height and is constructed of light-coloured wood with dark leather straps as hand-holds. Although she is not magical herself, she gets a friend to carve her arrows to give them magical properties. Each quiver holds a different type of arrow lest she forget in the heat of the moment; the quivers themselves are enchanted to prevent her arrows falling out as she moves around.
    Bio:
    Jo comes from a forest dwelling people and so spent the better part of her younger years flipping and spinning around trees. Despite most of her tribe doing this, she was especially gifted and could soon pass through a section of forest as quiet as the wind and moving the leaves less. Archery was a hobby she picked up watching her father hunt. Turns out, she’s pretty good at it. Soon she was hitting animals from distances others couldn’t even see; bouncing arrows off arrows to hit around corners. Then, on one of her hunting excursions, she came across an individual she did not recognise. This individual had strange markings upon his face, his eyes were too large for his face, and his teeth were sharpened to points.

Despite his appearance, Kenaarn turned out to be a pleasant person, but what most interested Jo was the fact he wielded an energy he called magic; something that did not exist for Jo and her tribe. She had no affinity for it, which disappointed her to some degree, but to make up for it, Kenaarn decided to make her some gift; magical arrows. Over the next couple of years Kenaarn appeared once or twice and always made more arrows for her. Then he never returned. So Jo made the only decision she thought applicable; go out and find him.

#9 Yajuu_Kikuishi, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  10. LilithVonBoch

I tried to make something ok. Tell me if you don't understand something.

Name: Kaira

Appearance: Just like an albinos bunny, her eyebrows and eyelashes were painted in white, followed by a white, short but soft hairstyle stopping just under the chin level. Paired with two bright red eyes with a small pink reflection , orbiting her masculine yet femine head with her right eye covered under an eyepatch, damaged during a mission, her scar is her reason to not fail any further. Her shape wasn't muscular, but she didn't need to flex to show her fitness. Her short height of 4'9'' was compensated by her large chest and strength.

Personality: A bit shy and closed to herself, Kaira is a lonewolf by nature, hunter by choice, she enjoys fighting a lot while also smoking her medicinal herbs and drinking alcohol during a rainy night. While trying to remain respectful, Kaira is direct towards other beings while making it short and in battle she's more prone to talk, but works better alone and at holding a point down or protecting others.

Armaments (Armor and weapons): Trained with Heavy sword, Katanas and dual wielding, she has four weapons. One greatsword named, Hunger, custom made for her size, it still carries the same impact, but lighter. Made of pure iron, it's center is thick, slowly getting thinner and sharper towards thr edge, making it good for blocking certain hits and when she changes to her other blades she drops it. Three Japanese blades rest on her waist two on the left and one on the right. One katana and one Wakizashi that is 45cm long. Both black hilts and black blades marked Teeth on her Katana that remains on the left side of her waist and Blood on her Wakizashi which remains on her right side, all in a glowing red Japanese Kanji just on top of the edge guard. Her other blade that she kept on the left is a Nodachi with a white hilt and a normal blade also marked in red with the word Claw, all representing their names. Wearing iron armor everywhere with no helmet, it's design made it look like they were made out of bones, carrying the look of bones all over the armor itself, with a pointy chest. A long black skirt piece of torn cloth was attached to the lower back part of the chestpiece, with chainmail protecting her waist, and sleeves on each arm that went from shoulder to elbow in terms of length. She also had to straps that went under her right arm to over her left shoulder with two rows of throwing daggers, nothing she thought fancy, but always useful. She also always wear a battle-worn black cloak, hiding her face in darkness as she awaits the next steps.

Bio: Origins are Canadian, but that remains unknown to her as she was found by a dojo master near a broken ship with her being in the evacuation boat. Lucky enough to land near a village in Japan in the years of the warriors, she received the same treatement as a normal daughter from her non-biological father, who had someone educated her both in the English and Japanese language. She was also trained by him with katanas but she mastered her own art of the heavy sword such as greatswords and claymores. While protecting the honor of the dojo as a defender, she's also a mercenary who had the reputation of a good yet scary women, known as the white wolf in her town and the ones nearby, slowly making a popular name for herself as a sword for hire, she also learned the magic of the four element to enhance her body, but she may only use two at a time and it takes a huge toll on her after the effect is done.

#10 LilithVonBoch, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  11. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Huh. It looks like I forgot a section for age.

All characters look good. We got some diversity in styles and equipment, so that's good. I'm hoping one or two more people join before we start. Otherwise I might make my own character and it'll just be the three of us.

12. Yajuu_Kikuishi

I didn't even notice there was no section for age.

One or two more people would be nice tis true.

13. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Hmm. How do you guys feel if it was just the three of us to start?

14. LilithVonBoch

I'm ok with it.

15. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Completely fine.

I was just getting to the point where I was going to ask how long we would wait.

16. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

I'll post the IC thread later today. I'm going to play various NPC fighters and depending on the progress might make some of them proper characters.

You already know who the first opponent is, so you can brainstorm. :)

The IC is up now.

#16 Randoms, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  17. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Swee~t. I shall head over there right now!

18. LilithVonBoch

Just realised I forgot to add my armor in the information? Anyway it's up after my swords sorry.

19. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

@LilithVonBoch hey, it's your turn. I don't want to leave you behind.

20. LilithVonBoch

Yeah sorry it's just I work 60 hours a week so I don't have that much time to do stuff.