IC The Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by Randoms, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

The floor collapsing was the last thing Azam was expecting as gravity took a firm hold on him and dragged him downwards. There was enough light that by looking down, he could see they were all heading for water and he hoped it was deeper than it looked as rocks and people splashed into it. A second later, Azam braced himself for impact and entered the water feet first.

The water was deep, luckily, and Azam tightened his grip on his spear and immediately started to swim upwards; he wasn’t known for being able to hold his breath for a long time. As he swam he felt a large surge in the water as the giant’s body made contact and he found himself dragging his feet along the floor before coming to a point where he could pull himself up and stand in the water that came up to just below his knees.

He shook himself off, checking he hadn’t lost any weapons, before sliding his long-spear into its holster and looking around. The new area was similar to the old which was now above them, with a few differences; mainly a large, ornate door on the far side of the deeper waters. His attention was taken, however, when he saw the sword-wielder from before making her way towards an unsultry looking group of strange warriors.

She clearly looked like she needed help and Azam quickly strode over to her and grasped her upper-arm on her left side, supporting her before she went head-over-heels. “Hi there, you look more torn up then you did facing the giant, need a hand? If you missed it earlier, I’m Azam and I love the way you swing your sword.”

===================================================================

As the fell away beneath her, Jo was glad she could see water below; she was not sure what she would have done if it had been solid ground. As it was, she spun herself in the air so she fell backwards and clutched her bow to her chest; the last thing she wanted was for it to break on impact with the water. Of course, with her back to the water she didn’t know exactly when she was going to hit it, so it took her momentarily by surprise when they collided.

She still managed to take in a breath and ignored the salt licking at the scratches the medic hadn’t healed. It took her a second to orientate herself, but she quickly swam upwards, her thin metal armour giving little trouble, and broke the surface of the water. As she took in a breath of air, she saw the giant’s body fall into the water ahead of her and a great wave rose up. Quickly, she turned her back on the wave and let it carry her forward until she found herself and a much shallower bit where she could stand.

At some point she had lost the ties in her hair and it was in every direction so the first thing she did was sort it out by wringing out all the excess water and trapping it behind her left ear. While she was doing this, splashing from behind her told of someone’s arrival and she turned to face the other magical archer who she had stood beside in battle. He introduced himself and Jo smiled in return.

“Hi, I’m Joira Irrikelling, but you can just call me Jo.” She rested the base of bow on the ground, slightly submerged and leant gingerly against it. “I’ve never meant another magical archer before, you wouldn’t happen to know someone named Kenaarn would you?”

2. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

As the group of warriors tended their wounds, few began to socialize and inquire about their circumstances. No one knew why they were there let alone where. The room, the giant, the lake, and the ornate door remained complete mysteries. The only thing that remained the same among all the warriors is they all woke up in that room with no evidence of ever even being put there from their place of origin.

One of these warriors was named Fyn. She was currently hopping groups trying to treat those who had more severe injuries from the fight with the giant. Splashing through the shallow water, Fyn found a small group of men who were huddled together, one of whom was holding his arm. His arm had basically shattered from giant's assault. Adrenaline was fading and pain was setting in. As she approached the group she introduced herself and quickly got to work.

Fyn reached at her side and removed a section of the tape she had spooled. Wrapping it around the man's arm, she pressed a strange cylinder against it causing the tape to shimmer and be absorbed into the man’s armor. Putting the cylinder away, Fyn requested that the man’s armor be removed. As his arm became bare, the tape had sealed itself onto the man’s skin kept it together and helped the pain. She then removed a vial and a small box from the strap that was around her torso. Fyn shook what looked to be a small white toothpick sized dowel out of the box and put the box away.

“T-this is going to hurt, but t-trust me, it will help.” Fyn got some of the man’s colleagues to hold his arm steady as she put drops of the vial onto his arm. The medical tape she had been using just prior melted away from the liquid and the skin underneath also began to burn and split apart. There was no bleeding, but the sight of the man’s arm opening was shocking to say the least. The man tensed up breathing sharply through gritted teeth as the opening grew deeper. Once Fyn was satisfied with the size of the gash, she carefully placed the dowel inside the man’s arm. Reaching for her spool once again, she covered the wound, and pressed her cylinder against it. The tape contracted and closed the gash and started to nullify the pain.

“There.” said Fyn as she put her tools away. “You should b-be able to use your arm again in s-six to seven hours. J-just rest for now.” After she had made sure they were okay, she noticed a little ways off the woman she gave aid to before with the spear wielding man who ran off. The woman didn’t appear to be in good shape, so Fyn rushed over as best she could to lend aid.

Farther away, Timorith replied to the question posed by Jo, “Nice to meet you Jo, though I wish it were in better circumstance.” He said with a forced laugh, “I’m afraid I don’t know this Kanaarn. Is he one of the others who were brought here?"

3. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

''Well... I'm Kaira the white wolf... Nice stabbing?'' Answered Kaira, turning her attention to the newcomer, the one she saved at the start of the battle, running towards the two armored warriors. The aura she had felt like the one that approached her while she was taking a deep breath on the upper floor, the one that gave her something to forget about a portion of her exhaustion, which quickly deteriorated which her last move.

''Also, Azam, the giant did throw me a full force... And uhm, sorry for stepping on you.'' Not comfortable with socialization at almost any level, even less with physical contact this close from a stranger, she gently pushed Azam aside, sitting on her knees. Putting her right hand over her left forearm, she twisted her left hand over her right forearm, holding both tightly she pulled her hand hands up removing both bracers like butter thanks to magic. With the lower part falling, Kaira dropped the upper parts besides the others, sealing themselves back together. Putting her hands in front of her, she closed and opened her fist back and forth, cracking her fingers soon after, relaxing her fingers. Reaching for her Greatsword, she came to realization that it was gone.

Looking around, it was a few meters away on the shore with her Nodachi resting with it. Letting a sigh of relief out of her mouth, she reached for her right twin blade instead, detaching it's belts instead of unsheathing it, she placed it beside her on the rocks, going for the straps holding her armor, opening the front part of her armor with the back stuck within her as it fell in front of her. Removing her shoulders before the rest of her armor, Kaira stretched her arms out before reaching for her sword once more, placing it on her right side in between her skin and the inside of the armor, pulling the handle close to her body, taking a deep breath. She wish help was an idea, but not for that armor, only her own will could open and pull this monstrosity out or on her.

Closing her teeth together, Kaira slammed her sword to the right, pulling the spikes from within her back, the loud piece of armor resonated through out the cave, flying a few feet away from the white wolf who muffled her screams, barely holding on one hand. Her upper chest was covered with nothing but her bandages holding her breast together, with scars covering her upper body, with a chimera claw scar on her left arm.

''Care to fix me... Again? I'll be your personal guard if you want... Free of charge, Miss...?'' Asked and offered Kaira to Fyn, shivering within the cold air of the cave, always with work within her mind.

4. Yajuu_Kikuishi

As Kaira pushed him away, Azam took the hint and took a step back to give her room. With a quick look around he spotted a suitable sized rock and took a seat, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Despite the fact she clearly wasn’t much of a talker, Azam decided he would hang around her for a bit; she was one of the few of the summoned warriors who held is interest as she had gotten heavily involved in the fight against the stone giant.

He watched with interest as she started to take off her armour; he hoped not in a creepy way but the way the armour came away was something he hadn’t seen before. Clearly it was specially made and not some run-of-the-mill equipment she had picked up randomly.

Azam couldn’t help but grimace as Kaira removed what appeared to be spikes from her back. His grimace became a frown when he saw the bandages and scarring; she had clearly been through a lot. But Azam knew this meant she was a tough bean if she was fighting after suffering so much; he wondered whether he’d be able to get her to tell him the story of her scars.

Before he could say or do anything though, the medic who had helped out in the earlier fight appeared and Kaira asked her for some healing. Azam smiled as the medic crouched down next to the fierce warrior.

“She’s Kaira by the way, I’m Azam. You do some good work from what I can see.” He said, looking back to where she had been treating some other fighters.

Jo frowned at Timorith’s negative answer but quickly corrected it to smile, him knowing of her old friend would have been quite a stretch after all. “He’s not here, as far as I can tell anyway. I would definitely have noticed, I’m sure.” Jo replied, standing straighter and pulling her bow out of the water and giving it a quick shake to clear it of excess water. “The fight would have gone much easier if he was around.”

She looked around, taking in all the other fighters and the area they now inhabited. “So, any wild theories about what’s going on here? I don’t remember how I got here in the first place, though.”

5. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

"M-my name is Fyn." she replied to both Azam and Kaira, also giving thanks to Azam's compliment. She smiled slightly despite being exhausted. While the others got a chance to rest, Fyn wasn't able to so much since she made it her mission to provide medicine to those who were severely injured. Fyn took a quick look around Kaira's body which displayed the hardships she had already gone through.

"I-I can do my best to h-heal you, but it looks like you've been b-badly beaten, and you're c-covered in lacerations." observed Fyn. It was a marvel that Kaira was not distraught with pain, especially with the show of removing her armor. Fyn started to wrap Kaira’s arms with her medical tape, pressing the well known cylinder against it once again, to trigger its healing properties. Fyn then moved to Kaira’s torso. Using a sponge and one of her vials, she dabbed the spike formed wounds with the mysterious medicine.

“T-this is going to feel a l-little odd.” Said Fyn, as she continued to dab the wounds, “T-These wounds are d-deep, so it’s g-going to feel your back is f-filling with bubbles.” While waiting for the medicine to work, Fyn prepared some of her medical tape, pulling out a long stripe folding it onto itself. Once the deep cuts on kaira’s back had sealed up enough, Fyn wrapped the tape around Kaira’s torso, even over her existing bandages. With one last press of her cylinder, the tape contracted, was absorbed underneath Kaira’s bandages, and removed the bubbly feeling Fyn had mentioned.

“T-There, now all you n-need is to rest and let your b-body heal itself.” said Fyn. “It shouldn’t t-take very long.” She put her supplies away, but rather than run off somewhere else, Fyn shared the rock with Azam to take a break.

“Y-you out of everyone contributed the most to our v-victory, and I want to th-thank you for that in everyone’s stead.” Spoke Fyn randomly. She turned to look at Azam. “N-not to say you weren’t brave.” She added. “T-this place is not l-like anything I’ve s-seen before. I-It’s reassuring t-that at least we are with c-capable company.” After a minute or two had passed, Fyn turned to Azam again, “d-do you need any m-medical attention?”

As Fyn rested with Azam and Kaira others began to explore the room, one even exclaiming the fruit from scattered trees was delicious. Many remained in their huddles, and even fewer started to show interest in the very ornate door that stood at the end of the room. Timorith remained in the company of Jo.

“I hope that you will be able to meet your friend once again,” said Timorith, “I’d like to meet him myself. He sounds to be quite skilled in his discipline.” He gazed at the crowd of people and then at the murals that covered the walls. He frowned as Jo mentioned that she didn’t know how she had gotten there, and to be fair, neither did he.

“I don’t know much more than you do at this point. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to this place. We kill a giant and then fall through the floor. And now we are at the gate of who knows where.” He quickly stood up, glaring at the ornate gate, but soon sighed and sat back down. “From what I could tell in the battle with that giant, he was guarding something. That I am sure of.”

6. LilithVonBoch

Kaira expected pain, their usual method made the few of her kind scream in agony, quiver in pain and most of the time pass out if the being were to be weak minded. Instead peace and relaxation came within her, the pain was still a bit pronounced, but it was nothing hard to withstand for a machine of war like herself. Amazed and not paying attention, bubbles began to boil inside her, closing her wounds as she winced for a short instant at it sent shivers down her spine. Yet again, the pain was weak and quick to end itself. The pain itself didn't come from the healing, but her own spiritual energy flowing back within her, the tools Fyn used soothed her as it refreshed her mind back to serenity.

“T-There, now all you n-need is to rest and let your b-body heal itself.” Said Fyn, sitting besides Azam. Looking down at her hands and clenching them back and forth, from joints to skin she felt anew, as if she only fell down a hill.

''Do... Your best? You've done more than that, you've done something that takes hours of work from scientists without the agony that comes with it in a single moment. I owe you my life little one, please don't be afraid to call for my aid, ever.'' Answered Kaira, slowly standing up.

Her legs felt weak, but the trembling was gone, the weakness swallowed by what ever magic tools Fyn used on her. Examining the cave around her, many other warriors had been treated by her, the sweat and exhaustion made it obvious as everyone else was living like it was a day off work. Looking behind her, both her Nodachi and Greatsword swimming up the shore, trying to reach back to their master. Chuckling, she went to grab them, sheathing the long curved sword and resting her greatsword on her right shoulder, she came back to Fyn and Azam, digging her sword in the ground beside her armor parts to which she quickly piled her with her foot, she turned her attention back to the two others.

''How about you, Fyn? Having a medic is great, but it's no good if she exhaust herself all alone to the point of no return. I might not know how your... Tools work, but I know my first aid.'' Said Kaira, sitting down on her knees, closing her eyes as she awaited the woman's answer.

#26 LilithVonBoch, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  7. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

While Biohazard didnt help much against the fight against the giant, he started planning ahead, conserving his energy for future fights. He primarely focussed on dodging attacks and avoiding most situations of danger. He walked up to the group that was most obviously taking some for of lead. They were the frontline fighters in the last battle, so with him not doing much there he owed them his life... Sort of at least as he was sure he could have actively participated in the fight but didnt want to risk losing his power at what seemed like a long lasting battle.

"Medic?" He thought to himself as he twitched his neck slightly. There was never a situation more hazardous to him then a medic. They all tried to touch them and he had to watch in horror as he saw their hands burn and shrivel. Never to heal anyone again. The group and medic were primarely female. While it was slightly suprising to him there was generally nothing wrong with it. But he did expect males to take part of the leading act up sooner.

He eventually stopped moving as he thought himself close enough to the group to be noticed. But far enough to refrain from harming them in any real way. He waved to the group and made some muffled sounds from about 5 feet away. The ground below him started to look just so slightly off as he stood there for a while

8. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Azam waved away Fyn’s compliments, as well as her offer of treatment. “No need to worry about any injuries on my part, I only got a few scratches from rubble; nothing to heal really.” He uncrossed his arms and leant back on the rock, using his arms to support himself. As he did he looked around the room they were in, taking in the battles that looked to be engraved on the walls and eventually settling his gaze on the large, ornate doors across the water.

“What really interests me is what is behind that door. Frankly, the giant got me excited but didn’t really engage me enough for the full experience. I feel like we should check it out.” Bringing action to his words, Azam pulled himself to his feet and started to head towards the door. As he did, Kaira walked over to engage Fyn in conversation. What also caught his eye was another combatant who had drifted close to their group; a man with a strange mask he wore on the lower half of his face. He had stopped a way off so Azam didn’t think he was anything dangerous.

He kept to the edge of the area, close to the walls, to avoid the deepest part of the water, and stopped directly in front of the door. It was larger than a human required but Azam figured it wasn’t big enough for someone of the giant’s size to fit through; he had to have been guarding it.

"There would certainly be no reason to attack us if he wasn’t guarding something.” Jo mused, running a hand through her hair. “But it seems weird that the thing he was guarding was below us, and that the floor was somehow designed to fall upon his defeat? What kind of security system is that?” She slung her bow over her shoulder and turned to look at the large door that sat at the end of the room. “So the question we have to ask is whether he was guarding the door or whatever is behind the door.” As she looked, she spotted Azam making his way towards the door.

Jo smiled and turned back to Timorith. “Looks like someone else as the same idea. Random thought, do you recognise any of the battles depicted on these engravings? I get the feeling I should know but just like trying to remember how I got here, I just get a fuzzing feeling in the back of my head.”

9. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Fyn was surprised by Kaira's query, but was also gracious of her concern. Placing her hand over her chest, Fyn kindly declined Kaira’s offer in similar fashion to Azam, “I j-just need some rest.” She replied, “I m-managed to face very little combat ag-gainst the giant.” Fyn motioned Kaira to put herself in a more comfortable position, kneeling on solid stone in shallow waters didn’t seem very pleasant.

Fyn turned her attention to Azam as he wandered through the water towards the dry shore leading to the ornate door. Following his gaze, Fyn made eye contact with a strange man who seemed to be both attracted to the small group, but also cautiously distant. He waved; Fyn smiled waving in return, beckoning the man over. She had done this knowing very little of his blight. Despite the man’s invisible radiating condition and the slight discoloration to the stone, the water itself remained pure in color and mysteriously uncontaminated. So what could have been obvious signs remained invisible to Fyn’s eyes.

At the end of the room just before the large ornate doors, a few of the other warriors were talking among themselves as Azam approached. They stopped for a moment before resuming their conversation. As Azam stood right in front of the door, one of the talking men spoke up, “The door swings outward.” The man walked up next to Azam, a few of the others following, “You can tell looking at the brass rings on either side of the center crease. Also those large jeweled domes.” He pointed to the edges of the door, “ those are the hinges.”

The other men had now joined them and together observed and admired the door. The door indeed had large rings at either side of the door, allowing for it to swing open. The curiosity was these rings were within easy reach of the primarily human collection of warriors, despite the door itself being several times larger. This door was designed for humans.

“We tried opening it already.” Spoke another, “but we barely got it to budge, if we really want to get to the other side, we’re going to need a lot more people.”

“We were going to bring it up with the others when they had finished resting. Seeing as your group were the leaders this last fight, would you be willing to help spread the news of the door?”

As Azam observed the door, Timorith looked across the battle scenes that lined the wall, “I’m afraid I don’t know much about them. When I first saw them, I figured they were either generic battle decoration, or they were tales of the giant’s exploits, but…” Timorith turned silent as he looked from wall to wall, “they each seem to be of different origins. The carving designs, the banners engraved, and even the way the stone was cut is different between segments. These are not from the same person at all. What’s more curious is if you look at the door.” Timorith gestured to the door where Azam was with the other group, “notice how the wall has arches carved into it, but no battle scenes, almost like an empty scene where nothing has yet to occur. I might be thinking too much into it, but the entirety of the walls is covered head to toe in battle except for the wall housing the door.” Timorith.

As time progressed, more and more people started to regain their energy, vigor, and moral. More people took the fruit that grew on the few trees rooted in the shallow water, others started to congregate together in attempted to better understand their situation, and soon the large door became the focal point. Even so, others continued to lie in the water and accept that this was where they would die. The collection of warriors were at least ready to escape this unknown prison of death in one way or another.

10. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Azam nodded as the warriors around him, those who had been examining the door before he got there, explained their findings to him. He couldn’t help but agree with their conclusions but looking around at the warriors who had tried opening the door, none were built with muscle quite like he was. He knew that what they had said was probably true but a tiny thought in his brain wouldn’t go away; a thought telling him he should try it himself. Azam walked closer to the left side of the pair doors and rolled his shoulders before interlocking his fingers and dramatically cracking the knuckles on his hands.

“Not that I don’t believe you or anything, and certainly no offense intended, but I’m going to give opening this door a shot.” Azam said with a grin, his gaze never leaving the door in front of him. None of the warriors voiced complaint so he reached forward and grasped the door ring in both hands; noticing that they were clearly designed for human-sized individuals. Bracing all of his considerable muscles, Azam started pulling slowly, increasing the pressure bit by bit in an attempt to dislodge and open the door.

He gave it a minute or two pulling with all his strength but when nothing happened he relaxed and let the hoop drop back to the door. “Okay, it was worth a try.” He said with a laugh and turned back to the group. “Looks like this is going to require brains instead of brawn; or at least a bit of both. Go and have a chat with some of the more forthcoming warriors here, see what their skills are and if they can give us a hand. I doubt it’ll cave under brute force though.” The other warriors looked around clearly wondering who had but Azam in charge. “I know who I’m going to talk to.” He gestured over to where Joi and Timorith were stood. “She’s a clever girl I’d say.”

With that he started making his way back around the deeper section of the water and towards where the pair of archers were stood.

Some time had passed since Timorith’s thoughts on the battle scenes around the walls, including the blank slate around the door, and now Jo stood in front of the ornate door with Azam beside her. A number of the warriors who hadn’t given up on escaping stood behind them. Jo’s first thought was to blast the door open with her bow but Azam had nixed the idea, thinking it would require something more than brute strength as there was plenty of that in the large chamber. Opening the door would require something more.

She paced in front of it back and forth, looking it up and down before turning around the face the group and the room as a whole. “I wonder whether the water is important.” Jo mused as she walked further forward, pushing her way past the group to get a clearer look at the deeper section of the lake. “Look, the giant’s body is completely gone, only its armour remains. Perhaps something important remains on it” She looked into the clear water and shook her head. “It doesn’t seem to harm us though. Mmm, anyone up for a swim?” she said, turning back to the group.

11. LilithVonBoch

''Well, my offer still stands, don't be afraid to call my name what ever your situations is, nature will tell me if you're in the vicinity.'' Said Kaira, reaching for her piece of armors, slowly putting them back together on her. Her greatsword did not have a sheath, but a holster with one big strap to cover a part of her blade and other smaller straps used to hold onto her. It was not a practical weapon to bring, but she never cared for mobility when she was out of battle nor did she require this chunk of iron to fight, but she still loved it. Strapping everything together, people had begun to gather around the gate as she geared up, trying to pull with no success nor having it budge more than a few inches. One girl suggested the armor of the giant that was floating on the water could contain the answer, which meant swimming.

Kaira wasn't too fond of this idea, but she was probably best suited for this line of work right now. She could use her own armor to sink in and grab the armor and then use her powers to make herself light and swim back to shore safely. Letting a sigh go, Kaira unstrapped her greatsword from her along with the belt that kept both her twin blades sheath around her waist, keeping only her Nodachi on her. Stretching her arms and legs, she took a few deep breath before running and diving into the water without either thinking or letting anyone else know. Heading towards the giant's armor as she quickly sunk deep in the lake, Kaira was surprised that it remained so clean after the giant flesh felt in it. Nonetheless, she proceeded to reach for the armor that was cleaner than it would ever been after a battle like the previous one.

Being alone in the water, all she could take was one piece at a time thanks to its humongous size. Grabbing the chest piece with her right hand, Kaira placed her other hand against her lips and slowly opened in between her lips and hand, preventing water from entering the small space she had given herself, keeping her finger shut tight around her mouth. Pronouncing her incantation of the wind element, she could feel the emptiness inside her, of how light she had become. With little of her breath left thanks ton the incantation, she began to swim back up immediately, bringing the chest piece with her. Reaching the shore with her lungs starting to burn as she slowly crawled on her back. What only took her a single or two minute to her probably seemed like an eternity to the anxious.

''Well...'' She said, out of breath. ''What ever tool you use, Fyn, are a miracle.'' Added Kaira, taking in deep breath. Had she been in a better state this wouldn't of been an issue for her, especially with the intense training she had to perform to become who she was. ''You guys take it from here... I'ma breath a little.'' Pulling the chest piece towards the group, she remained laid down on the ground as the waves gently caressed her back, moving her a bit as she moved her feet closer, keeping herself on ground so the water wouldn't drift her away as she kept her power active to not strain herself for a mere moment of swimming thanks to the backfire of her abilities.

12. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

By now most everyone had gathered in the near vacinity of the door, discussing among themselves what could possibly be on the other side. Few speculated it was their way out, but many others felt that their time there was only just begining. The group that Azam was speaking with were juggling Jo's idea about the giant's armor. There was a back and forth discussion whether it was really important to opening the door or not. Before either side could come out on top, the deep ringing of metal sliding across stone echoed near by. The small group stopped talking to observe Kaira bringing the giant's chestplate up onto the shore.

"The hell..." began one of the warriors, "You're something else. How in the realm of Detrimis did you retrieve that piece of armor?" A few of the others were in awe at the strength Kaira demonstrated. Be it through magical art or otherwise, it didn't appear to be any feat to lift the giant's huge chest piece, especially through water.

"Nevermind that now, we can try out the archers idea." several warriors ran through the shallow waters to surround the chest piece to see if anything could be dicovered. To the dismay of those fighters, the armor remained clean of anything out of the ordinary. It remains a dull blue with tarnished gold trim, thick leather straps, and no other markings outside of battle worn damage.

"Well there goes that idea." spoke one of the warriors. Timorith walked over to the chest piece to have a look at it himself. Despite the lack of any distinguishable features, Timorith was not cinvinced that the armor was useless. The armor was damaged despite the fight previously proving it could not be. "Maybe not this piece, but what of the others?" he questioned gazing to the remains of the armor lying at the bottom of the lake.

"Sure, but the only person here who can swim with several tons of solid steel is that woman over there." answered another.

"T-That's not fair. Sh-She has done enough already." said Fyn, "Sh-she needs to rest or else her wounds won't heal p-properly."

"Really? Look at where we are, I don't think this place give a damn about whats fair or not. Hell, when I woke up I was greeting by this piece of work." the man shouted back, stomping his boot against the chestplate. The collection of warriors began to grow uneasy as once again debate about their reason for being their was questioned. As they argued, the ground began to slightly shake. At first it was barely noticable, but soon increased in intensity. The water of the lake rippled as it was disturbed and several bits of debris fell from the remains of the floor above.

The quake didn't last long before ending. The rooms grew silent as everyone waited for something to happen. After the moment passed, the warriors started to relax, "At least the floor didn't collapse underneath us." Just then light began to shine from between the seam inbetween the ornate doors, glistening over the giant's chestplate. It faded quickly, and the room was filled with an mysterious breeze. As soon as the breeze quelled, the door was pushed open, but only slightly.

"What the hell was that?" asked the rowdy warrior from before.

"I'm not sure." replied Timorith. It was a strange turn of events, but it seemed to have opened the way. Timorith cautiously walked up to the ornate doors and took a peak through the gap that the slightly ajar doors had left. "It's too dark to tell what's on the other side," shouted Timroith towards the other, "but I think the door unlocked itself."

As if to test Timorith's theory, several warriors gathered around the door and took hold of the metal rings at either side. With one great heave, the doors opened to reveal a small hall leading into a large ballroom. A completely different setting to the stone chambers before. The floors were of marble, the walls of a beutifaully crafted wood design. Pillars once again separated the wall into sections, stained glass letting in light from an unknown source housed between them. The ceiling domed with paintings of battles surounding an ornate glittering chandelier. It was a extravagant sight to behold.

It was such a sight, that no one had managed to realise that they were all standing in the middle of the ballroom, the lake and ornate door nowhere to be seen. No one had moved. All of a sudden they were there in the middle of the room with no exit in sight. It was only after they noticed a figure in a dark clock kneeling at the far end of the room did everyone took notice their surrounding had changed.

"Felbehr has fallen, has he?" spoke a quiet voice. It was soft, feminine, with a hint of amusment. The figure stood up, the cloak dropping onto the ground. It was a woman of modest build and height. She stood barefoot clothed in only a simple black strapless dress that went just above her knees. Her silver hair flowed down to her shoulders; her face clean and fair. By all acounts she was a very attractive woman. However, the most striking thing about her was that her skin glowed white with a noticable hint of blue. She didn't shine, just simply glowed.

"Few make it through Felbehr. I cannot let you continue." the woman began to talk forward as she spoke. Each step she took created no sound against the marble floor. "It would be in your best interest to just stand there and die." With that the mysterious woman vanished. The room was empty save for the warriors, but everyone knew this was not true. Most put up their guard. Others were not prepared for another fight this soon after the last. Kaira's swords lay on the ground next to her. Was the band of warriors truely ready for another challenge?

13. LilithVonBoch

Not entirely in the conversation the group had, many had gathered besides her around the chestplate. Feeling the tension that had rose while she was gone underwater, Kaira slowly stood up to join Azam and Fyn once more, putting her damp cloak over her head. The group had begun to argue, stating that nothing was happening and if we desired to obtain the other piece of the set, only Kaira could go swim and obtain them. A false statement, light as she was right now she would only float thanks to her ability that she activated. Contempt filled her insides, the tone and answer the warrior gave to Fyn only rose an alarm in Kaira's mind.

''Do you believe to be special? Everyone woke up in front of that giant, just like you did.'' Said Kaira with her own agressive tone, stepping a bit in front of Fyn while locking her eyes on the warrior. ''You might want to keep a watch on that tongue, she's the only being that can keep you up, if she desires so.'' She added, placing her right hand over the hilt of her Nodachi with her left hand holding the sheath and her thumb on the edge guard. Speaking wasn't her favourite activity, but she wouldn't stand around while someone disrespected the caretaker, she never did and never would. Keeping her eyes on the angered warrior, she shifted her speach to Fyn with a softer tone.

''Thanks for the concern, Fyn, but I am a machine of war. You do not have to worry about me like you would have to worry about the average fighter.'' Letting the others continue their arguing, the ground had begun to quake once more, becoming more intense as time went by. With debris falling from the previous floor, Kaira didn't leave the somewhat hostile warrior and kept her hands ready to slice him if he had become dangerous. One of the previous important fighter that she did not know the name, Timorith had made his way to the door, examining the set of doors that were ajar.

Timorith came with the theory that the door might have been unlocked, while she was strong, Kaira let the several warrior who had already pressed foward to try and open the door, still on her guard. The door was in fact unlocked, leading to a small hall which ended in a ballroom. Everything inside was luxury to Kaira's eyes who only stepped into such palace during times of war, surrounded by flame and blood. Blinking once, a figured was kneeling at the end of the ballroom, she also realized that she was now in the same room as the figure without moving a single inch of her body with her greatsword and twin blades laying beside her.

Giving a quick look at her previous target who was now seemed somewhat enchanted by the room's outstanding beauty, Kaira quickly kneeled and attactched her twin blades around her waist, keeping her head up for any incoming attack. Before she even knew it, the figure had already turned around, removing her own cloak to reveal a black dress while being barefoot on marble, a questionnable fashion for a cold floor. The figure spoke a name, Felbehr and how he had fallen. So the giant had a name, did they fight a monster or a being, that was the question that sprung to her Kaira's head. Nonetheless, the figure had vanished after threatening the group of warriors. Standing up, Kaira took her hood off, crossing her arms and putting her hand on her twin blades ready to fight this new opponent. Now she knew why she was barefoot, she hadn't vanished, just veiled herself in invisibility or so she thought. '' Watch out, she was barefoot, she didn't vanish.'' She said, listening to her own guts screaming danger everywhere around her.

14. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Joira wanted to look around at the glass decorations around them, which is when she realised that the group had moved to the centre of the ballroom without actually moving. Okay, that’s weird. Even as she then turned her attention back to her surroundings it was diverted again by a woman revealing herself, claiming that she could not let them continue after the defeat of Felbehr, the name of the giant Jo presumed.

However, before any of the gathered warriors could attack or defend, the woman simply disappeared. Jo noticed Kaira was not fooled, and frankly Jo thought that anyone that was deserved whatever came to them. Jo didn’t bother to try and track the woman with her eyes, she would have seen her move in the first place if she could, so she reached into the quiver that held her magic arrows and pulled one with a pointed head that appeared to be made of silver.

“Everyone stand still!” She called and aimed directly upwards before loosing the silver arrow.

It rose directly towards the centre of the ballroom’s roof but before it struck it exploded in a could of silver dust. The dust started raining down and filling the room from top-down. If the woman was invisible, or simply moving too fast for the naked eye, the silver dust should show her movements. It wasn’t dangerous, but anything that moved within it would set of a rippling motion through the dust that would be easy to track.

“Eyes open and strike instantly.” She ordered, nocking a normal arrow in readiness to follow her own advice.

Azam blinked when he noticed they had been moved, or transported, to the middle of the large ballroom without so much as step on their part but his gaze quickly settled on the cloaked figure on the far side of the room. If the giant from before was anything to go by, this figure would attack them and to move on they would have to defeat it. When the figure revealed itself as a beautiful woman, Azam raised an eyebrow but thought nothing more of it; he had known a number of woman of strength and a couple of them were in the very same room as him at this moment.

After lamenting someone called Felbehr, The giant warrior? Azam thought, the new arrival disappeared and Azam got the instant feeling that she meant them great harm. Not that that should’ve been to hard to figure out, it’s not like the last guy was a friendly fellow. Azam instantly spun is spear once in front of him and tucked it neatly under his arm, ready for the woman’s attack.

It seemed the warriors side was first to act though as Jo commanded stillness and fired an arrow into the air that exploded into dust that filled the room. Even as Jo then commanded they watch and attacked, Azam figured out her arrow’s abilities; it would allow them to see the woman despite the fact she had apparently disappeared.

Spinning his spear into his off-hand, Azam pulled one of his shorter golden throwing spears out and readied himself. As soon as he saw the woman he would attack; exactly as Jo had indicated was the best way.

15. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

The sudden change of scenery was still a surprise for many of the warriors as the faintly blue skinned woman faded from sight. Yet the change was not enough to fully faze them. Acting quickly, one of the warriors, Jo, fired an arrow into the air, while another, Kaira, warned of the invisible enemy.

On guard and on alert, the room was suddenly filled with silver dust almost looking like snow as it fell to the ground. As the last bits of dust landed upon the ground, the warriors remained still looking for any sign of movement across the dust laden land. For what felt like an eternity the warriors focused on the dust, eyes darting left and right at the minds playful glimpses of false movement. The room became very quiet as everyone concentrated, waiting for something to happen.

“Aaaaaarrrg!” shouted one of the warriors. Instinctively most everyone turned to see that man Kaira had argued with hunched backwards, a jagged sword seemingly made out of crystal protruding from his chest. The glowing woman held the sword through the man’s back with her right hand, using her left to caress his face. Seductively, she kissed his cheek as the man gasped in pain.

“Thank you for complying.” She said just loud enough it almost seemed a whisper. Dropped the man to the ground, the glowing woman ripped her sword from his back. The blood that coated the sword rushed and collected near the tip of the blade where it dripped onto the silver dust coagulating within it. Once the last drop fell, the crystal sword remained completely clean. Looking at the crowd just before her, the glowing woman smiled and leapt backwards, trailing the silver dust until she disappeared again. With her disappearance, the trail of disturbed dust ended as well.

Many hearts fell at the revelation that the silver dust was not going to be much help in tracking the glowing woman’s movements. In an effort to perhaps catch the woman before she could strike again, a few of those wielding longer weapons began to make wide sweeps of the area around them. Others gathered closer hoping that being in a group would make it harder for any of them to be singled out. Timorith looked around the room hoping that perhaps the silver dust could still be used to help them fight.

He combed the room briefly before something caught his eye. The light that was refracting off the silver dust was coming from all directions. Noticing that he lacked a proper shadow, he looked to the windows. The stained glass windows were not letting light in; they were reflecting light from an unknown source. The windows were mirrors of varying colors. By darting his eyes across them, he noticed that most of them were focused on the ground giving the illusion of being a faceless window. However, he soon noticed that a few of them were focused on the group. On one of these mirrors was a pair of footprints made of silver dust.

“She is not on the ground, she is along the walls!” shouted Timorith, “The windows are mirrors!” drawing his bow, Timorith released an arrow towards the footprints on the mirror exploding upon contact. The mirror remained intact, but the footprints were burned away. Before Timorith could draw another arrow, a chakram made of crystal struck his bow, knocking it out of his hands several feet away while the chakram itself dug into the ground, right up against TImorith’s foot. Timorith quickly brought up his arms ready to defend himself before darting to retrieve his bow.

“Peasant.” Distain echoed across the ballroom. She was not pleased that her secret was so quickly discovered.

16. LilithVonBoch

As the group began to panic from the sudden attack and the lack of use from the dust, many armed with long weapon swung theirs around the area, unaware of the consequences. Using her keen eyes, Kaira drawed her twin blades to intercept the incoming swings from her own allies, using her right hand to swurl her sword around the tip of one of the warriors spear, disarming the wielder in the process without throwing it away while using her left sword over her shoulder to prevent one of them from hitting her on the back of the head.

''Fools!'' She screamed, as the warrior almost chopped her head off slowly backed, scared that his own actions might of made Kaira turn for a payback. ''If you're going to swing, swing at her dammit. If you can't use your damn weapon, then pray rather than swing like a bunch of monkeys.'' Her mercenary instinct had kicked in once again, one that was sometime required to lead others, in a much rasher ways than an officer would lead. Sheathing her Blood and Teeth once again, Kaira closed her eyes and focused her energy within her head.

''Waves of eternity, shine to me what my eyes cannot see, show me the flow of this opponent.'' She whispered to herself, letting the darkness from her eyelid be her only guidance. Every heartbeat near to her had become visible through the sound wave they'd release while clearer and stronger noises could be seen from a longer distance, this was her only method of finding her current enemy. Most of the so called warriors within the group had fast and strong heartbeat, she could sense the fear from the waves it emitted with a distortion within them. Some others had a controlled pace, making it easy to distinguished them from the weaker fighters within the small circle they had. Emotion could also be distinguished from these sound waves, a voice overwhelmed by fear would be strong and echoed through out the room while someone who had discipline and wasn't so easily affraid would be direct and shorter in terms of sound waves.

''Peasant'' Echoed through out the room from afar, still hanging from walls. Using this moment of down guard from the enemy, Kaira bolted towards the location of the unknown woman, still holding her sheated twin blades. ''You name your ally but not yourself? How unrespectful, let me kiss that sweet ass of yours with my swords.'' She screamed, jumping up high at the last known location of her enemy, cross swinging her weapons hoping she would land something on her opponent. Her main intention wasn't hitting the woman, but baiting to come at her as she exposed herself afar from the group, also hoping the group wouldn't let their guard down just because she singled herself out. Landing and turning around to put her back against the wall, Kaira took the her usual twin blade stance, ready to block any incoming attack. She couldn't see the weapons, but their movement still made enough noise within the wind for her to see.

#36 LilithVonBoch, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  17. Yajuu_Kikuishi

With Kaira singling herself out with her rushing charge and loud voice. Jo and Azam clearly had similar ideas as they both separated themselves from the main group; dashing sideways to flank either side of Kaira at a distance. Jo still had an arrow nocked and she raised her bow ready to release at a moment’s notice. Azam clutched his long spear in his hands, holding it low; low enough that the tip dragged through the silvery dust to leave a thin trail.

Clearly their goal was the same; as soon as their opponent appeared to attack Kaira, as she had to kill the previous warrior, they could attack. However, Jo couldn’t help but think it wouldn’t be that simple. Ever since Timorith had said the woman was on the walls, where the windows were really mirrors, she couldn’t help but keep a sliver of her attention on those walls and mirrors. Her dust still covered the ground, moving where she, Azam, and Kaira had stepped through it, and like it had done before, Jo hoped it would help them see where the woman was for them to attack.

Azam seemed to be mirroring Jo’s movements somewhat, even if his own weapon was of a shorter range, so as Jo reached the wall and pushed in close to it without actually touching it, Azam was doing the same on the other side. The aim was simply to limit the approach locations of their opponent as she seemed to be able to flit around at will, knowing that one particular direction was cut off was good for your health.

Now in a position to react, Jo dropped to one knee slowly and gripped her bow tightly, her other hand practically bouncing along the edge of her bowstring. Azam had a different plan, he appeared to be sweeping some of the silver dust into a small pile in front of him where he then placed one of his feet, his spear still held in front of him. Now they just had to wait and see how the woman would act.

18. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Three warriors had fled the main group towards the walls, and three warriors were neatly exposed along the wall. The swordswoman was the bait, and the spear wielder and archer was the trap. Kaira might have been the first to leave, but the archer was the more enticing of the three.

Jo was at the end of the line, kneeling, her bow barely arched. Silently looking at her seemingly out of no where, the glowing woman stood on nothing, upside down, just above Jo. With swift movement, the lady who glowed ducked to Jo’s side. With surprising strength, she repositioned herself and Jo so that they both faced Kaira and Azam. She wrapped her arms around Jo’s hands and gripping her hands, forced Jo to pull back her bow so it was ready to fire aimed at Kaira.

Jo was no weakling, so the lady who glowed was not going to be able to keep her grip on Jo for long. But she kept this position long enough to speak, “If you are so curious as to know my name before you die, then you would have called me Labelle.” As soon as her sentence finished, she had Jo release her arrow. However, do to either Jo struggling or Karia’s intuition the arrow missed. Unable to keep her hold upon Jo, Labelle pushed Jo forward to propel herself back, disappearing once again.

She reappeared shortly afterward standing on one of the mirrors as if it were the floor, up down upon the crowd. Raising her hands out towards them, the surrounding panes of glass upon the mirror glowed white and several crystalline arrows flew from them raining upon the main group of warriors. Karia, Jo, and Azam were far enough away to not get stuck in the attack. The warriors who had shields used them to protect themselves and the people behind them. The arrows were able to penetrate many of the shields rendering them less effective, but the warriors successfully managed to wade off the attack.

The arrows stopped, and the glass returned to its normal reflective surface. Labelle simply stood there with her arms crossed. Several of the other mirrors surrounding the room began to glow white. With a smug smile on her face Labelle winked, the entire room being filled with arrows. They were several arrows, but they were spaced apart and uneven with each other. Many of the more quick warriors dodged them, while others decided to tank the attack using their armor and shields to dispell the arrows. The arrows were not easiler blocked in this manner, but were stopped before they could penetrate anyone deeply. All the while everyone was frantically trying to survive the onslaught, Labelle watched and some could even say laughed.

19. LilithVonBoch

With Azam and Jo nearing Kaira's surrounding, she was filled with regret at the very moment. She didn't desire for other's assistance, in fact it had them in a more serious danger, especially for the ranger. Before Kaira could react, their opponent had reached Jo, holding on to her. The distinct wounds they emitted were further away than Jo's last location by a mere to two step, but just enough to realize someone was behind her. Not sure of the current situation, the enemy had made it clear of her current position to Kaira, exclaiming her name while doing something to Jo.

The distortion within her heartbeat was strong, but the faint sound of something being pulled rose suspicion within Kaira's head. With Labelle's small sentence spoken, something small and fast had left their vicinity, heading straight for Kaira. Already somewhat aware of a potential threat, it was like reading a book from afar and thanks to Jo's struggling, Kaira was able to dodge the arrow by ducking on the side, barely nicking her right cheek. Pushing back forward, Kaira immediately ran towards her ranged ally as Labelle used her to leap away, examining her beat that had stepped down a notch, it reassured the white wolf that it was not mind control.

''Are you ok?'' She asked, Jo, looking above as the landing of bare feet made contact with the ceiling, could she truly walk on any surface? Before she could verify the location with a throwing dagger, the room had become brighter to her eyelids, followed by a wave of a tinier wave compared to the arrow, but faster. Rainung towards the group of fighters, fear screamed through out the room as the group of fighter tried to live through out this assault with nothing but a few shields and armor. Hesitating to weaken herself by removing one of her enhancement to take on higher strength to jump, the room came back to normal to now be filled with light everywhere. Quickly reaching for the laces holding her greatsword's sheath, it fell and stabbed the ground ready for pick up.

''FOLLOW ME TO MY PORTABLE COVER.'' Screamed Kaira, rushing towards the wall as a new wave of projectile began to rain from several mirrors, grabbing and tailing her greatsword behind her. Reaching a small gap between her and the wall, Kaira spun around and wailed the tip of her sword in the ground sideways, lifting her sword upwards with a 60 degree arc to prevent these frontal arrows to hit anyone small enough to fit under the sword. Putting her right hand on the back of her sword to prevent it from falling on her, there was only enough space for one other small being, also giving herself a few seconds to think her new course of action.

#39 LilithVonBoch, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  20. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Damn it. Jo thought as she felt the woman grasp her tightly and move her aim more directly towards Kaira. She fought as much as she could, but their enemy was stronger than Jo had thought upon seeing her; at least in the physical department. Labelle? Jo questioned as she felt the pressure release and her nocked arrow was sent flying. Luckily, both Jo’s resistance and Kaira’s reflexes saved the sword-wielder as the arrow passed dangerously close to her face. Jo was just glad she had decided to use a normal arrow and not one of her enchanted ones.

At the same time as Jo had been forced to release her arrow, she had seen Azam react out of the corner of her eye and one of his throwing spears now lay embedded in the wall behind where she had crouched. In a position exactly where Labelle had been poised moments earlier. Azam looked to be shaking his head as Labelle appeared on one of the mirror’s and attacked the group who had remained together while Kaira, Azam, and Jo had moved on the attack.

Jo pulled two arrows from her quiver and fired them off in quick succession towards where Labelle was stood, sideways. Before Jo could confirm a hit, however, the rest of the mirrors lit up and more arrows of light appeared from them. Jo pushed herself against the wall and had to close her eyes against the brightness as it showered on the gather warriors.

Azam’s spear left his hand in a flash, but even as it did he saw the woman disappear and his spear passed by Jo and pierced into the wall. Azam shook his head and slammed his fist into the wall. Damn it, first we get a giant I can’t fight one-on-one and now this little she-witch won’t stand still long enough for me to get a hit it! He thought with a grimace. He was a man who relished the fight but he actually had to be fighting for him to enjoy it.

Now the witch was attacking the other group and both Jo and Kaira reacted; the latter running in to help protect the group while the former tried again to strike their opponent.

Azam pulled his long spear free of its sheath again and knelt down close to his position by the wall; far enough away that none of the mirror-created arrows fell close enough to strike him. He laid his spear on the floor close to his knee and closed his eyes.

If I can’t get to her, perhaps she will come to me.