IC The Gauntlet

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by Randoms, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

“Hey there, I’m Jo, care to introduce yourself? I didn’t notice you in the previous battles.”

Haste directed his energy away from Callism as a woman with Sea blue eyes approached him. His brownish red eyes glared, examining her whole self. “Wow” Haste thought while raising a grin. He began peeling the dirty white bandages on his forehead in modesty. The curly black which was under the bandages unraveled into bangs. He became interested in the archer. “I’m Haste. I’ve only woken up. I think something knocked me out because I have no idea what happened previous to this. Sorry about your bow, I owe you.”

Haste unpeeled a bandage from his left arm and concentrated on the arrows that were spread around the spacious room. There were 8 that levitated from the water and darted into his stained hands. There were sounds of clattering wood vibrating. Haste reached out his arm and the arrows levitated in Jo’s direction. “There weightless now. Should come in handy.” Haste glanced over at the fight that was taking place, and was puzzled by the intensity. “What’s going on over there? Should I stop it?” he asked Jo.

In the back of his head, he couldn’t shake off the fact that at any moment he could become controlled. He had no idea who was in charge of the bloodbath and the destroyed room. Was it him? He proceeded to close his arm bandage again watching the crowd disperse disappointingly. It seemed as if they didn't receive the answers they wanted from Haste and his appearance. Truth is, Haste didn't know. He just hoped that he didn't have to kill anyone.

2. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Azam frowned as he watched the stub of his wrist burn away; at first, despite Fyn’s warning, he felt no pain but suddenly, as it moved further down, the pain flared up immensely and he only just caught himself from crying out. Instead, a small grunt escaped his lips before he clamped them shut and clenched his teeth. As she continued to work, expertly if a little nervous, pain still sprung up and bounced down Azam’s arm but compared to the first part it was nothing and Azam kept a solid control on the pain.

He did not recognise the places Fyn spoke of, but he did their situation; two places at constant war was not uncommon from his lands and medical expert was indeed always needed for such things as Fyn said. His own people generally never sought war and battle, Azam being an exception, but when it did come around, they always fought back ferociously. He had watched battlefield medics trying to save warriors with numerous life-threatening injuries. He had never seen the skill or technology that Fyn demonstrated now.

With the procedure completed and the paralysing agent administered, Azam lifted his hand up to look at the small ‘X’ shaped stitches that now ran around the wrist. A worthy addition to a number of other scars he had gained over his years fighting. In way he was somewhat embarrassed the loss of his hand had been self-inflicted but since it had also been because of the Dlyigimamelia’ym, he could settle with it.

“I must say Fyn, I’m impressed. Thank you.” He lowered his hand to look at the medic. “You’re skill is beyond anything I have seen before; perhaps when all of this is over, I could return with you to your lands and perhaps help you and your people with my expertise.”

He paused and clicked the bones in his neck with a head turn. “But the battles aren’t over here yet.”

===================================================================

The man started unravelling the bandages around his head, revealing the hair beneath, before introducing himself.

“Just woken up?” Jo questioned. “You must be the only person here who wasn’t there for the previous battles then. You don’t remember the Giant? Or the Crystal creature?” As she had been speaking, Haste had gathered up a bunch of arrows with his strange power and they now floated towards her.

She snagged them out of the air and was genuinely surprised when they didn’t weigh her hand down; they were as weightless as the man claimed. She smiled and slid them into one of her enchanted quivers before turning back to Haste as he spoke of the battle between Kaira and her unknown opponent. Jo gripped her bow as she turned to look at the battle, noticing that Kaira was now missing an arm.“This can’t go on any further; we can’t afford to lose Kaira and by the looks of it, this man is just as strong. Both of them will need to help us in the coming battles. But leave it to me, please.”

With that said, she took a couple of steps forward as the ferocity of their battle waned for what Jo assumed would not be a long time. “Hey!” she shouted, loud enough that her voice echoed around the room. “This is not the time to be fighting each other. Any moment now, that door…” she raised her free hand and pointed at the large iron door that sat in the wall. “…is going to open and reveal a new enemy most likely stronger than the Crystal Creature from before. You are both strong warriors who we will need to survive this place.”

She lowered her hand and levelled a gaze at Kaira and then at her opponent. “How about you leave whatever this grudge match for when we’re free and not at risk of a sudden death by monsters unknown?”

3. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

“Ah, women ask so many questions” Haste considered as he was being interrogated. Jo reminded Haste of his mother. They possessed the same glossy blue eyes. Haste’s mother name was Flare. She is an explorer of any land that roused her. Incredibly strong, she taught Haste about the world and how to not be frightened by it. Flare stood at the same height as Haste and was extremely beautiful with a short temper. It’s been years since Haste last saw his mother. Afraid that he might hurt her, he isolated himself and planned on figuring out how to get rid of his curse. He desperately wanted to see his family again and swore to rid himself of his abilities. Haste reminisced on his mother’s care for him. Although it annoyed him as a child, his mother always questioned him so that he could embrace the freedom of making his own conscious decisions whether good or bad. “Do you want to pet the bear Haste?” “Haste, would you like to climb the mountain with your mother or stay at camp?” “This world is a big scary place, but you can’t go throughout life in fear. You won’t live. You have to be the Alpha, always.” “Haste! Wake up!”

Just woken up?” Jo questioned.

Haste’s attention was focused on the shallow, tainted water below him. Jo snapped him out of his past. “Yeh, I think so” replied Haste catching his answer. “I mean yes, I was out cold” he deluded. Haste was unaware of his state because of the tension in his body. If he was truly out cold he would feel relaxed and more energised. He had marks and bruises all around his body, but it could have easily been because of what was happening around him.

“I don’t remember anything. Just a collapsing room. Although I don’t why I have those images in my head, I wasn’t conscious.” Jo snatched the arrows out of the air with a surprised smile. She turned to face the nearby battle. “Gee, no thank you or no smooch?" Did she even like them? My mom really never taught me how to talk to other women” Haste contemplated. He also turned his attention back to a warrior missing an arm. Jo clinched her bow, stepped forward and mentioned the warrior Kaira and how we couldn’t lose any more fighters. “Leave it to me” she said as Haste peeled his bandages on his arm back to reveal more of his tattoos. He was ready for battle.

Haste stepped next to Jo with a shy sort of grin. “Hey, I’m here to help as much as I can. I can disarm both of them from their weapons if needed. Just give me the call. I don't know them.. I’m very dangerous. If something weird happens to me, and I become unresponsive while I’m fighting. I want you to find a way to cover the tattoos on my arm. That will stop me” Haste said warningly to Jo, winking at her.

“She’s giving them a choice to stop the fight instead of stepping in herself. She’s kind of like you mom.”

#83 Neji195, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  4. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

Fyn smiled as Azam checked his arm, complimenting her of her work. She sat on the boulder she was just working on and stretched her back. She hadn’t realized it, but she was very tense as she worked with her tools. Only now did she begin to relax before she made herself sore.

“I a-appreciate the offer, “she said to Azam as he made his remarks, “p-perhaps you would help my f-friends learn how to scale the war machines of G-Ganr.” Azam had shown remarkable strength. While Fyn knew that her wars were not Azam’s concern, he didn’t seem like the kind of guy who would have simply stood back had Fyn declined.

She looked behind her to glace at what the others had been doing. She frowned when she noticed that Kaira and Futoji were still fighting. She would have liked nothing more than to stop it, but Kaira had made it clear that her interference would not amount to much. Jo seemed to be going to intercept them; perhaps she would have better luck.

Futoji leapt back after he had successfully severed Kaira’s arm. However, he was not able to escape cleanly. Despite being prepared for Kaira’s counter attack, she was still able to make contact with his chest. The wound she inflicted was not deep enough to kill, but was enough to be of significant damage. Blood soaked through his tunic, staining it a crimson red. Despite his injury, he was not going to give up now. He felt no pain, paid no mind to exhaustion. He held his sword ready for another strike. Just before he started his next attack, some strangers likely to be Kaira’s new found allies, walked up to try interfering again. Without letting his eyes part from Kaira he spoke harshly and firm.

“I have no quarrel with you. This is something that must be done. If you continue then you will leave me no choice but to cut you down as well.” Despite his warning, Jo didn’t seem to have backed down, her partner threatening to disarm them at her command. Futoji shifted his weight. He could position himself between Jo and her partner faster than Kaira would be able to reach him. Jo, or at least Jo’s partner, seemed determined to get in the way at this point, so he might as well deal with all parties involved at once. Kaira would either stay where she was or follow Futoji. In both cases Jo and her partner would be between him and Kaira, thus he could deal with them quickly. He was not sure of the male’s capabilities, but he knew Jo was an archer; she would be easy to dispatch.

He was sure Kaira figured out his next move, but by acting first Futoji had the advantage. With quick and sudden movement, he dashed in Jo’s direction. Midway there, the ground shook and he stumbled. Quickly catching himself, he was momentarily distracted by the quake that continued for several seconds. Small bits of debris rained from the ceiling, and the large iron door began to rumble. Several thin rays of light passed through the seam between the doors, grazing upon the numerous crystal boulders the lay by the door. The light faded, and the doors parted outward.

Unlike the door before, this one opened completely on its own. Like the door before, everyone who occupied the room with the lake found themselves inexplicably in a completely new room without having moved themselves. The room, while lit, was darker than the rooms they had battled in previously. Its layout was very similar to that of the giant’s chamber, except much smaller and of different material. The floor was made of an unknown metal that made a soft solid sound with each step. The walls were made of stone, separated by large imbedded pillars that seemed to be made out of copper pipes. While it was smaller than the giant’s it was still a sizable room that towered over the warriors.

At the end of the room stood a strange device that was unlike anyone may have ever seen. It was a large bowl object standing on two sets of thick double jointed spider-like legs. Several towers rose in three rows from the top of the bowl, leaning towards its back assuming it faced the room towards the warriors. The towers at its center were the largest. Coming from the towers at either side were two pipe like arms, segmented, and outstretched into either wall at its sides making it looks as though it were wired into the very room. Along each arm were a row of circular windows. At the base of the bowl, below the towers, there were several orifices some holding optical lenses. The entire contraption was colored matte black with barely any other color. The only exception to the color was the large glass incubator held at the center tower centered on the entire machine. The incubator was filled with liquid and glowed cerulean. Held within was a man floating unconscious, a mouthpiece connected over his face. His body was incomplete. He was missing his left leg, left arm, and half of his right leg.

The room filled with a low hum. The kind of hum that filled everyone with a sense of dread pausing even the warriors who were just moments ago fighting each other. The figure that was contained in the incubator slowly opened his eyes, and looked out on the group before him. As he slowly realized that there was other within his chamber, he began to squirm and panic.

“W-wait, why are you here? How did you…? Wait, Labelle… No Labelle!” as he continued the struggle the large machine he was attached to began to stir. The lenses focused, and the joints within its legs adjusted. Soon the room echoed with another voice, flat, artificial, yet sounded naturally deep.

“Intruder, Isolla. Designation: GigaR.E.M. ” The machine itself was addressing the warriors. More sounds came from the machine as it started up. “Isolla” The man held within the machine started to scream. Upon looking upon the man, it looked as though what remained of his remaining leg began to melt away almost as though it were being erased. Glowing particles flew away from it into the base of the incubator. Soon the glowing cerulean liquid spread from the center towers into each the base of the machine and into the sides. The windows along each arm began to glow as well. Each window lighted up one at a time, liquid filling each, and the glowing particles being harvested from the man in the incubator being fed to every part of the machine. Soon the entire machine was trimmed in cerulean. When it was done, the man was without any of his legs and unconscious.

“Isolla. Ien 14%” Several antennas that were scattered across the large machine began to glow and crackle with electricity. At the same time several random spots on the ground became electrically charged glowing slightly. A few people stood in the spots, and knowing that something was amiss, quickly stepped out of them. A second later, each spot that glowed was stricken by lightning. The residual electricity spread from the impact, giving all who were within a few feet of the strike a slight shock. This machine, Gigarem, was to be their next opponent.

~~~

Before Kaira could do anything in reaction to the reveal of this new enemy, Futoji held out his sword to block her. “I will aid them once our feud is over. I cannot allow you to remain as you are.”

#84 Randoms, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Jo glanced at Haste as he stood beside her and spoke about something wierd happening to him at some point. Jo raised an eyebrow as he winked at her. "So, if you go wierd, cover up all those arm tattoos? Right, okay." Before they could converse about it further, Jo saw the look on the swordsman's face and turned back to face him. "Don't cause any trouble now." She said out of the corner of her mouth to Haste.

As the man called Futoji started to move, Jo couldn’t help but flinch towards drawing her bow; she didn’t want to fight those who could help but at the same time she wasn’t going to let him attack her on his whim. However, before anything could come of it, the room shook as if an earthquake had struck and Jo figured their rest time was over. Sure enough, seconds later, despite no one moving a step, the remaining warriors had been moved to another battle location.

Jo looked around the large room, trying to pick out any other enemies despite he very obvious spider-like creature in front of them but nothing sprung out, so she lowered her gaze to the creature just as the man inside it started crying out. What in the world is that thing? She thought as more of the light spread across the creature as it apparently came to life. When the electricity spots appeared, Jo didn’t need to move but she took a short step away from the nearest one as the bolts appeared. Her backstep had been good intuition as extra energy seeped out and stopped at the point she had been standing moments ago.

Note to self, don’t get zapped.
    She thought. Her step had bought her closer to Kaira and Futoji, and it was because of this she heard the man speak of settling their fight. Jo spun on her heel to face the warrior. “Are you freaking kidding me? You can see the big, creepy, monster-thing over there, right? And all you can think about is settling your so-called feud?” She pulled her bow free and nocked an arrow. “Does your feud seem like the most important thing right now?”

The room shifted, or they did, and Azam quickly surmised his surrounding before his gaze settled on the large machine creature that was to be their new opponent. At least, he presumed it was to be their new opponent as it began to light up and clearly readied to defend itself. Whatever force had moved the warriors from the lake room to here and kept them mostly how they had been there, just a lot closer together, so Fynn was stood by Azam’s side as the machine woke up.

“Best you stay back, Fynn, we wouldn’t want you getting hurt.” He drew his long-spear from his back and twirled it around his good arm before grasping it in the hand. “I will do my best not to use my left hand.” He smiled before shouting a war cry and charging forwards towards the machine.

As he moved, he noticed the antennae light up but as he had moved forward, whatever the creature had done happened behind him, so he ignored it. As he closed in he had only one thought on his mind; kill the creature before it could cause too much damage, or kill him.

#85 Yajuu_Kikuishi, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  6. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

None of the present warriors were hit by GigaR.E.M.’s initial attack, but that was to be pretty much expected at this point. The massive machine was not really concerned about it. At the very least it knew that the people present were not complete morons who somehow managed to get through the first couple battles on a fluke. While many of them were killed in the fights prior, there was still a sizable amount of warrior who remained to confront GigaR.E.M.

Several of the optical lenses at the front of the machine glanced around the room, a few focused on the one man who charged blindly towards GigaR.E.M. spear in hand. Several of the lenses around the center of the cluster focused their attention on him. In a matter of seconds, the machine tracked Azam’s travel path, and fired four narrow red beams through barrels hidden within the front most towers at either side of the machine.

“Eieh”

One at his present location, one at the location he would be if he maintains his path, and two at either side of him, calculating his momentum and the most likely place he would end up if he moves towards either side to dodge the initial beams. Not paying attention to the outcome of the attack, GigaR.E.M. spoke again.

“Ien 14%. Isolla eieh increase 87%”

GigaR.E.M. charged its antenna again, and the ground was dotted with electrically spots once again. At the same time, the machine fired larger red beams from the same hidden barrels. The beams failed to hit anyone, but because they were the immediate threat, a couple warriors ended up inside the electrically charged spots. As expected, these spots were struck by lightning, and the warriors within were vaporized into dust. The attack combination covered the battle field in a thin layer of smoke, but was soon cleared by a sudden gust of wind. The machine employed several vents along its underside to blow the smoke away and clear the field of debris. The machine then reassessed the state of its opponent and was preparing to deal with them accordingly.

7. LilithVonBoch

LilithVonBoch Born to struggle, raised to strive.

Kaira's strike was not fatal, but it left significant damage on Futoji. A small grin creeped out on her face, she remembered that he was much more human than her as of now. The dizziness had faded away, the pain had already numbed away, but her mind had begun to slowly slip away, if her recklessness and confusion didn't tell, her grin did. Before Kaira could follow up, Futoji had stepped back, in fact he already begun his next move, running towards Jo and Haste. Normally, Kaira would of made a run for it, but not this time, she had warned her to stay away, even throwing a volley of rocks at her. ''She must have a death wish.'' Thought Kaira, letting Futoji do what ever he desired with them, she had to live.

Before Futoji reached the two other fighters, the door had finally opened, giving Kaira a good window to look at it as the ground rumbled at her feet, sheathing her blade away, she awaited the next foe as she kept an eye on her opponent. The room had changed once again, this time from the lake to a small squared metal room, somewhat similar to the first room they've woken up in, with copper pillars and walls made of stone. A strange bowl held by two arms that seemed attached to the wall gently slept until a few moments later, something inside moved. It was a man, yet it looked frightened like a child, without arms and one leg. Nonetheless, Kaira wanted it dead and it was the perfect tool to use to get distance between herself and Futoji.

She predicted that he would come after her if she went after what ever came out of the new room, but this bowl felt like it was going to be a whole new nightmare. The last leg on the man slowly melted away as he screamed, liquids filling up the rest of some metallic exoskeleton. Antennas on the robot began to glow, followed by unknown glowing spots on the floor scattered all over the room. Stepping out of the one that had spawned at Kaira's heel, it brought her closer to Futoji, but one spot had made it's place in between them, giving a zone of safety for a few seconds. After quickly appearing, the zones were struck by lighting, giving a sight shock to Kaira who remained close.

However, the lightning surprised Kaira, feeling it's intensity, she was now convinced to go after this instead of an angry enhanced samurai. With the moment of surprise, Kaira bolted towards their new enemy, using her fast reaction to quickly out-run Futoji who was ready to receive her next assault, to which she completely ignored, without discarding his presence. She would usually listen to her head over instinct against a foe much bigger than her, but it had fused with her soul, along with her emotions and everything else that made her human. Her soul desired battle, but her memories suppressed her thirst, but they had slowly began to burn away, leaving her instincts to slowly take over, turning her into a beast on two legs.

In her act of stupidity as she ran straight for the GigaR.E.M, Azam had also done the same, attracting it's attention as he made his way in a direct line, Kaira on a right-side approach to try and flank it. Before she could reach it, laser were shot from the optics on the front of the machine, somewhat randomly with a more concentrated fire on Azam. As she the lasers came at the warriors, more zone of electricity spawned on the floor, leaving little to no room for a dodge. With Kaira obliged to keep her current trajectory, she used her smaller size to her advantage, ducking low as she kept sprinting at her enemy. With the laser passing right behind her head, the thunder struck once more, disintegrating anyone who had to jump in, filling the room with smoke. With it's last position known to Kaira, she threw the dice and decided to go for her opponent, running and launching herself towards where the bowl was, slicing away as she unsheathed her blade in one quick swoop, aiming for glass that contained the man.

8. Yajuu_Kikuishi

As his legs pumped and his eyes remained locked on his opponent, Azam saw the red lights that pointed towards him before they formed into beams of energy that shot towards him at immense speed. Since he had been waiting for some kind of attack, Azam noticed the beam that had been placed in his path, clearly calculated by the mechanical monster, and on instinct he dodged to his left, closing the distance between himself and his opponent.

Apparently, the machine had also calculated this and Azam found himself being beard down on by a second beam. The only thought that had any time to cross Azam’s mind was an exclamation of surprise. As it was, his natural instincts saved him this time by twisting hid body away from the light. There had been no time to calculate a perfect dodge on his behalf, so it was a random spasm with a dire hope to avoid death. Luckily for Azam, his natural instincts were pretty fine-tuned, and the rotation of his body meant that the narrow beam only cut into his side.

The pain seared through his body, but it was nothing compared to Fyn’s surgery earlier so Azam gritted his teeth against the pain. He ended up a heap on the floor, the smell of burnt meat stinging his nostrils. Azam looked down to the where the beam had hit, just under the lowest rib on his left side, and saw that the intense heat attack had cut a small half circle into his flesh. Azam counted himself lucky it had been a heat-based attack as he figured his organs may have been trying to spill out if it had been a normal cut.

Azam looked back up to the playing field just as a number of the warriors were vaporised within the radius of the lightning attack the machine enemy had used. He pulled himself back to his feet and slipped his long-spear back into it’s holster, drawing instead one of his golden throwing spears.

As Azam had been looking around, before smoke had filled the area, he had noticed Kaira making a break to attack the machine. The machine deployed a wind effect to clear the smoke from the area, clearly making sure nothing could sneak attack it, and the moment the centre globe came back into view, Azam attacked. His spear flew through the air with the deadly point aimed at the heart of the man within the machine.

As it was, Kaira ignored her question and charged forward to attack their new enemy. Jo turned her gaze to the old man and raised an eyebrow. “She’s made her decision, what about you?” Before he could answer the machine attacked again and Jo and to roll backwards to avoid an apparently randomly fired laser. At the same time, she found herself bathed in the red light of the Machine’s lightning attack.

Noting her previous thought to avoid being zapped, Jo gritted her teeth and used her feet to continue her momentum and bounce out of the danger zone. Pain rattled up her legs and Jo had to land on her behind to make sure she didn’t damage anything further. That sent another jolt through her as smoke filled the area in a sudden cloud. Jo leaned back on the floor while drawing her bowstring to her cheek, the bow itself now taut with energy.

The rushing of wind filled the area and the smoke cleared as quickly as it had appeared, and Jo saw Kaira leap in attack at the same time Azam let loose one of his throwing spears; both of them aiming at the man in the tank.

Jo altered her trajectory and released her arrow towards the joints of one of legs that protruded from the machine.

9. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Despite Futoji’s remark, Kaira dashed off away, seemingly abandoning their fight. He was not sure if it was her trying to get away from him, or if it was the fire within her that had made her eager to fight the larger foe in front of them. Either way, he was forced to ignore her when the main group of warriors was targeted by the strange machine. Once the smoke cleared, he looked for Kaira up ahead to see that she made quite a distance between them in her charge towards GigaR.E.M. Clicking his tongue, he disregarded Jo’s comment and dashed forward to continue what had to be done.

Once the smoke had finished clearing, the main group of warriors started to make their own advances on the machine, the size and shape of it made it difficult to decide where they should focus their attack. A few of the leaders, Kaira, Jo, and Azam had chosen what they believed to be the important components of the machine’s form. Kaira was the closest as she leapt towards the glass incubator that contained the unconscious man. With great force, she had struck the incubator and her sword seemingly went through with ease. Upon landing, however, Kaira was to discover that her sword had completely disappeared as though the blade was cleanly cut from where the sword had landed. It was as though her sword was erased from the point of contact.

Azam’s spear had met a similar fate, except he was in a better position to see what had happened. As the spear struck the glass, it simply disappeared into it, ceasing to exist. There was a slight shimmer at the point of contact, some small streams of smoke, but that was all that there was. The incubator remained intact. Jo’s arrow was arguably the most successful of the attacks. Her arrow flew true to its target, and struck the join. However, the legs were thick, and the joint was just so. Despite her arrow needling itself between the large plate the covered the joint and the joint itself, the arrow was not able to penetrate much of the joint’s sliding plates. It was wedged in place, but outside of a scratch, not much damage had been done.

GigaR.E.M.’s optics searched the room, taking account of everyone’s current position, and threat level. So far, the front line warriors were of the most danger despite their attacks being ineffective for the time being. Its previous attack had been successful in eliminating some of the current opponents, but still had some to go. The strongest, more agile, and cunning remained.

It took note of the previous attempts to attack the incubator and was prepared to not allow the warriors to get that close again. The person inside was important for Giga.R.E.M.’s function, and despite being prominently displayed, it had proved that attacking the incubator itself would not be easy.

“Isolla eieh ien reduction 99%. Adjustment.” Spoke the machine. The machine slowly rose a couple inches before settling back down. The room began to grow cold. Super cooled water vapor had gathered and spread from around the machine. After a couple seconds of this, the machine blew the frigid air into the entirety of the room using its vents. Almost immediately ice crystals started to form on the warriors' hair, and ice patches collected on the floor.

“Isolla jai.”

The temperature now was falling at a steady rate. Despite some of the warriors feeling especially cold, many of them ignored it as best they could as they continued forward. Moments later, Futoji caught up to Kaira.

“I will not let you get away.” He shouted as he swung his sword decisively. “Machine or not, you are my opponent at this time.”

“Eieh” a red beam was fired from the machine targeting Kaira specifically. The beam traveled almost instantaneously, giving Kaira a split second to react. Kaira was targeted on both sides from Futoji and GigaR.E.M. As it were, she was the largest threat displaying the most power thus far.

“Isolla eieh jai ien 3% increase exponential. Dels var 23.” The antenna on the machine started to glow and crackle with electricity once again, however this time the ground was not spotted with electrical spots. While some of the warriors hesitated at the sight, looking for any sign that the ground would be struck by lightning again, there was none. The machine was building electricity for another purpose.

Fyn pretty much stuck with the main group as they charged forward the GigaR.E.M.’s position. She was also one of the few that hesitated when she spotted the antenna charge up. Lagging behind, she grabbed onto Callsim’s arm which stopped him.

“What?!” he shouted as he turned to her, but Fyn ignored him and called out.

“W-wait. It’s built a p-proximity defense.” While not like anything she had seen before, she knew that she had seen a similar style of combat from the war machines of Ganr from her home. Similar to GigaR.E.M. in terms of scale, the larger Ganr war machines had spiked antenna surrounded around them like a belt. When activated, they would create an electric fence that when soldiers and ally vehicles attempted to get to the machine’s treads, would be electrocuted. While not as powerful as GigaR.E.M.’s electrical attacks, the lack of targeted spots on the ground made her think it was being defensive.

Unfortunately, only a small portion of the warriors heard her, and one of the front line people made it several meters from GigaR.E.M. Right then a bolt of lightning appeared and vaporized him instantly. A couple of the other warriors unable to stop in time were also vaporized. The rest were able to stop, and took a defensive position of their own. For what was only mere seconds, it felt like ages. The cold was now starting to creep onto the now still warriors, but they tried their best to ignore it. If the machine was being defensive now, it was probably preparing to do something devastating in the coming moments. Cold and alert, the warriors remained distantly close and anticipated what it was going to throw at them next.

#89 Randoms, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  10. LilithVonBoch

As Kaira landed on the floor, she quickly realized that her blade had gone missing, one of the three blades forged and given by her Father. Her soul had gone blank for a single instant, her flames and cinders had spiraled into multiple colors, turning into a dark, voided purple before quickly swapping back to its previous red vivid flames. All of the hardships she surpassed to obtain these blades, accompanied by a title that was given for being a lone survivor in the most bloody battle she had fought without Futoji, the same man that was trying to kill her as of now. Another part of her life had sipped away from her fingers like they always did. Most would deem this childish, but not many helped Kaira grow, in fact the only two men that had respect for her did, when they could.

Most of her brethren and fallen one feared her if not, all. Many would call her a demon when ever she had her back turned, but even she knew about it. Her loneliness prevented her from breaking these tiny links that died one by one as she failed to protect them. All of these moments flew in front of her eyes in an instant, but instead of filling her with sorrow, her soul engulfed itself in hatred for this place in general. Had it not been for this unknown realm, she would of never turned, she would of never lost Futoji and all the others who either felt her flames through the flow of realms or somehow did not even with the element of water.

Before she could react, thanks to the surge of emotions and flashbacks, Futoji had already caught up to Kaira, launching in one of his strikes as the gigantic robot fired a laser directly at her. With Futoji who seemed serious about ending her, Kaira's soul yelled to let both of them rip through her, but her body screeched in fear to dodge. Twisting her body towards Futoji, the small white haired woman leaned backwards, dodging the incoming fire but suffering from another slice of Futoji's blade, leaving a new burned scar across her face and over her nose. Not letting him escape right away, Kaira dashed forward, making contact with Futoji's blade up close and personal.

“I… I get all of this hatred now.” Said Kaira, staring right in the towering man's eyes, unsure of how to feel anymore, trembling in anger and sadness. “But why ME?!” She screamed, letting go of her broken blade and grabbing his chest plate, Kaira spun her body in a full 180 degree, throwing Futoji towards the wall, passing under the Robot side tubes that were linked to the side walls. Not giving another chance to react with a quick counter offensive, she grabbed her broken blade and threw it at where she thought she threw Futoji.

11. Yajuu_Kikuishi

As Azam watched his spear strike true to the target he had aimed at, his eyes widened slightly as he watched his spear disappear. The central Sphere hadn’t blocked it, or redirected it, it had simply erased it. Azam’s eyes narrowed and for the first time he didn’t rush in. This machine was proving to be a challenge Azam would have to actually think to overcome; something he normally did in the heat of combat rather than with the enemy before him unable to be hurt. Azam had also noticed Kaira’s attack and from where she now stood, he saw that the part of her sword that had struck the sphere had also disappeared, but not the whole thing.

Okay, so it’s just anything that touches the sphere directly. Best not to do that for the moment yet.
    Azam thought as his gaze travelled across the surface of the machine. The antennae that had sent for lightning lit up again and Azam braced to move but nothing happened and a quick look behind him to the other warriors showed they had also not been attacked. So not a long range attack this time, some kind of defence? His searching gaze landed on the arrow lodged at an angle in one of the machine’s legs, right at the joint.

A smile started to spread on Azam’s face, and he glanced back again at where Jo was now standing, bow in hand. A fine idea, but maybe we should start to divide it’s attention. Azam reached back and withdrew a second throwing spear, spinning it around his hand before dashing off.

Instead of directly towards the machine, Azam simply drove himself towards the back wall of the machine, his intent to circle around and come at it from the rear. Perhaps something there would give Azam an idea as to a weakness he could strike.

With her attack somewhat successful, Jo pulled herself gingerly to her feet again and reached into her quiver to withdraw one of the weightless arrows ‘Name’ gave to her. At a thought of him, Jo took a quick glance around Where has he gone to? But shook her head when she couldn’t see him immediately. Nocking the weightless arrow into the bow and drawing it once again to her cheek, Jo took aim at the opposite leg she had fired at last time.

Then she realised that she was still taking into account gravity and readjusted her aim; if they were truly weightless, she would not have to worry about that after all. With her aim adjusted, she released the arrow and it travelled through the air much faster than normal, uninhibited by downwards force.

12. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

The room continued to grow colder, by now the ground and walls were spotted with thin frozen patches of ice; the warriors breath fogging the air in front of their faces. Through the frigid air, Futoji flew towards the wall just behind the massive machine. It was only a moment, but he was frustrated by how Kaira was able to avoid his attack. Despite the bodily damage Kaira had sustained, the fire the burned within her was burning brighter as their conflict continued. He had to end her quickly. The longer they fought, the more energy she would burn bringing her closer and closer to losing control of her own mind. If that happened no one would be safe.

Futoji flew right past Azam as they both ended up towards that direction. Hitting the wall, Futoji became winded. Moments later the remains of Kaira’s sword soared past Azam and struck true just above Futoji’s right lung. Collapsing to his hands and knees, Futoji coughed up blood as he gripped the hilt of the broken sword. Standing back up, staging slightly as he did so, he removed the broken sword and threw it off to his side. Blood started to soak the rest of his tunic as grabbed his sword which landed nearby.

By now Azam made it to the rear of the machine. The machine slanted backwards at its rear, the main structure looming over the base. While it did appear to have less ordinance and significantly fewer optical lenses, it was not defenselessly bare. Several optical lenses focused on Azam and Futoji, but GigaR.E.M. did not act immediately. Futoji stumbled up to Azam and placed a bloodied hand on his shoulder, using him for stability. He knew Azam was Kaira’s ally, but he was not going to fight him. No words were exchanged, but the lack of goodwill between them was evident. After regaining enough strength, Futoji left Azam to his own devices as he moved forward guardedly. A pinging sound caught Azam’s attention as an arrow bounded off the underside of the machine, hitting the wall behind Azam and ricocheting off it, burring itself into one of the optical lenses that had focused on him. The lens no longer appeared operational now that the lens was covered in spider web cracks surrounding the arrow that bounced off the walls.

While the other warriors held their position defensively awaiting what was to come, Jo decided to use the mild success as motivation to attempt another attack at GigaR.E.M.’s joints. The weightless arrow flew very fast towards the sliding plates that made up the leg joint, but unfortunately the arrow flew just off target. It hit the main body of the plate ricocheting off it downwards and towards the floor, where it bounced off once again and lodged itself somewhere on the machine’s underside. It was unclear what came of the arrow, but it didn’t seem to continue bouncing around. The arrow had made a small dent on the joint she had targeted, a noticeable mark if one searched for it.

“Dels var 0. Isolla jai eieh ien 99% deva 10% additional.” Several of the orifices that circled the base of the machine in equal increments started to glow green, and the man held within the incubator at the front woke in pain. He started to scream again as this time his remaining arm started to melt away. Consuming only up until his elbow, the man panted pressing what was left of his arm against his side.

“Isolla eieh gandur.”

Each of the glowing green lenses fire a laser at the base of the machine, forming a circle around it resembling a cage. A moment later these green lasers split and crossed each other forming a diagonal grid. The moment after that, and the lasers were redirected and the grid circled the machine from ceiling to floor. There was only a meter of space between the lasers within the grid. As expected at this point, the laser grid expanded away from GigaR.E.M. While not fast, it wasn’t terribly slow either. The warriors were in too close proximity to figure a quick course of action. Some attempted to pass through small gaps between the lasers, while other ran the opposite direction towards the far wall away from GigaR.E.M.

Many of the warriors opting to leap through the laser grid had done so successfully. Callsim at first started to run from the attack, but then turned and dashed towards it, diving through one of the gaps that was near chest height. He didn’t go through unscathed, losing the tip of his foot as he passed through. It was a clean cut, the heat from the green beam cauterizing it. After landing, he collapsed clutching his foot. Fyn was able to avoid the attack by sliding underneath gaps spread across the floor. When she recovered, she quickly returned to Callsim and quickly started to wrap his injury with her medical tape.

“Thought I could make it.” He joked now that the pain had started to subside thanks to Fyn. He looked around to see that he was luckier at his attempt than many of the others. A small way off was another warrior in heavy armor. He was unfortunately not nimble enough to either pass through or to run away. He lay on the ground with blood pooling around his body, his lower body kneeling behind him, completely severed from his torso. Looking behind him, the laser grid traveled the length of the room and pretty much cut down everyone who tried to run. The grid embedded itself into the wall before it faded. The laser grid left a path carved several centimeters into the floors and walls, leaving a trail melted metal as evidence of its wake.

The only place that was immune from the wall of green death were the small sections of the floor that were directly below the large tubes, connecting GigaR.E.M. to the wall. Futoji forced himself against the wall to this position. When the laser grid expanded, Futoji followed it gaining speed as he did so. Ignoring blood that was pouring out of his fresh injuries, he reared for another attack against Kaira.

Why her? Futoji and her father made it known that the power of fire was not to be used. Kaira was a quiet girl, feared but despite that she was one not to let her comrades fall. She would put herself in harm’s way to protect them. Futoji witnessed this when she leapt in front of the Giant’s sword, when she protected the archer from Labelle, when she embraced the flame against the Dlyigimamelia’ym, and when she discarded honor to keep the archer away from their feud. Kaira embraced the flame, not to gain power over others, but for a power to do what she could not at normal strength. It was the fire that caused this, and if he could he would extinguish it without harming Kaira. A hatred of the fire, but loving tenderness for Kaira. Futoji hesitated.

13. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Jo’s arrow wasn’t quite so accurate this time around as it ricocheted off the metal plating slightly beside where she had been aiming and careened off to somewhere behind the machine. She frowned, expecting the arrow to reappear, but it didn’t so she figured it must have struck someone weak at the back of the enemy. She let out a breath and it rose in front of her in a thin mist, the room dropping to an even colder temperature then it had been before. She furrowed her brow as she wasn’t a fan of the cold and she wasn’t exactly dressed for it either.

Before any other thoughts crossed her mind, GigaR.E.M. did the thing where it absorbed the man within again and it started a new attack as deadly looking lasers projected to the floor and started moving away from it in a circle. Luckily, this attack would hamper the larger, slower warriors and not Jo herself. She was small and light and could easily make a jump through one of the gaps in the middle of the laser grid. Then Jo remembered her feet were injured and wasn’t so sure she could make the jump accurately.

A simple solution sprung to mind as she dropped to the floor and rolled slightly to the side, ensuring she was position between two of the vertical lasers. She rolled onto her back and clasped her bow to her chest and held her breath as the laser passed above and beside her, melting into the floor but leaving her unharmed. Once it had gone, she rolled back to her front and got back to her feet.

A quick scan of the area told her not all of the warriors had been as quick-thinking as her and yet more bodies were spread across the floor. As she looked, she realised that a section of floor below where the machine connected to the floor had not been damaged by the laser grid, telling Jo that the lasers hadn’t been projected in those directions. Perhaps a weakness.

She reached into her special quiver and drew one of her mystical arrows that had been gifted to her all that time ago. It had a metal shaft and needle-like fletching and the tip was a ruby-coloured stone cut into the shape of a normal arrowhead. It wasn’t a complicated arrow; Kenaarn had told her it would explode quite spectacularly and burn through pretty much anything.

So she aimed for one of the pipes connected to the wall and let it loose.

As he ran, Azam’s breath fogged and small ice patches began to form around the arena; cold had never really bothered him before but he knew it could be deadly if left to get colder. However, he had no way of warming up so he came to the conclusion that the best way to stop it would be to destroy the machine enemy before him. He’d nearly reached his destination when his senses told him to move and he took a step to the side as a body flew past him and slammed into the wall; only moments later to be pierced by a broken sword. Azam recognised the man as the one Kaira had been fighting and the blade as hers. A crease appeared in his brow as he considered the man before him.

Blood was soaking his tunic and as he stood up, he used Azam to steady himself. For a second, Azam considered killing him now while he was weaker but immediately chastised himself mentally. Attacking an injured opponent in surprise was no way to claim victory in battle. In that second Futoji used Azam to stabalise, Azam used his eyes to make sure the man knew he was on Kaira’s side and should it come to it, he would fight him. Futoji apparently read the look correctly and then moved off, away from Azam and no doubt back towards Kaira.

At this moment, a sound caught Azam’s attention and he caught sight of an arrow bouncing its way in from the front and ended up embedded in one of the optical lenses that had been observing him since he had arrived at the back of the machine. Cracks now spread across the glass of the lens and Azam smiled as an idea occurred to him. He dashed forward, slipping his throwing spear back into the holster, and picked up the broken sword Futoji had discarded.

With the blade in hand, Azam rushed the broken eye, guessing the machine was now limited in vision. And took a leaping thrust with an aim to pierce the blade of the sword through the lens of the broken eye and get to any important bits that may be behind it. As he leapt, an explosion rocked the room.

14. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

There was only a moment of respite after the green laser grid had ended before GigaR.E.M. did anything more. The room was still inexplicable dropping in temperature despite the intense heat that the laser grid had emanated. A noticeably fewer number of warriors remained to face off against the machine. Fyn remained with Callsim as he tried to keep himself balanced now only equipped with half a foot. Not sure exactly what to do against this machine, several warriors remained still, wary, and prepared to avoid whatever it would decide to throw at them next. They were waiting for an opening.

This was not good enough for some though, as Jo continued to throw arrows at the machine. Sensing some importance with the large tubes binding the machine to the walls, she fired an arrow towards them of magical significance. In an explosion that put even Timorith’s explosions to shame, she had hit the large pipes, engulfing them in a magical fire. The heat that erupted from the blast was a welcome relief as it warmed many of the warriors even if ever so slightly.

The blast at first didn’t seem to have much effect against GigaR.E.M. since it had barely moved if at all to the powerful detonation. A moment later, the large pipe fell, removed from the wall, and striking the ground in a tremendous thump. Parts of the wall broke away and caved in on itself, closing the opening created by the metallic arm’s absence.

“Isolla vigard elevance” GigaR.E.M. started to stir. For the first time, it raised a leg and put it back down. It proceeded to do this lazily with the other three. A second later the arm that Jo had struck with her explosive arrow, began to rise. Still engulfed in flame, the arm curved downward then back up and pointed towards its front; towards the main room of warriors. The very end of it was domed and smooth.

“What have you done?!” shouted the man within the incubator. “You weren’t…” he began to grow quiet as he looked from either side of GigaR.E.M. The other arms of the machine started to pull away from the wall and soon all four arms were freed from the walls, pointing at either side of the room.

“Please, just stop.” The man whimpered, but he knew there was no possibility that these challengers would willing allow GigaR.E.M. to destroy them. A cloud of steam erupted from the gaps between the segments of the arm on fire. The flames that continued to eat at the machine were extinguished. When the steam cleared, it didn’t look like they did much physical damage, but where the flames were originally, they left scorch mark, melting away what could be assumed was the outer layer. What remained looked like misshapen tightly knitted steel patches surrounded by a matte black coat.

Throughout the explosion and reorienting itself, GigaR.E.M. had not moved from where it was standing. Because of this, Azam’s path was not altered or affected as he leapt into the air. Despite possibly not hearing Fyn’s warning about the proximity defense, Azam was lucky that GigaR.E.M. dropped it when it released the laser grid. Otherwise, Azam would have been vaporized before he reached the lens.

Traveling several meters, Azam stabbed the fractured lens that once made up one of the machine’s eyes. Hitting the lens with the broken sword, the glass grew more cracks over its surface, but it did not break. The glass held just enough to keep Azam in place. This particular lens was only about half a meter wide, so Azam would not be able to enter the machine from here even if the glass had shattered away. Being so close to the lens allowed Azam to look inside. Within the opening Azam could see several smaller lenses surrounding a central lens attached to a ball. The ball moved back and forth, and circled around. A slight whirring sound accompanied it as it did so. The main mechanism was still operational after all, but the damage to the lens would have made it near impossible to use. A small red light that was in between the individual lenses sent a laser pointer light straight into Azam’s eyes temporarily blinding him.

“Isolla vigard elevance ao” The smooth domes at the end of each arm began to shift. Four blunt prongs evenly spaced morphed from out of the domes as if the domes were made out of a liquid.

“ein 89%” The antenna began to light up once again, covering the ground with electrically charged spots. Each of the prongs at the end of each arm also became electrically charged. What was different from this attack was that the spots that covered the ground were become struck by lightning before another spot would form somewhere else to repeat the process. The lightning strikes were staggered. To make matters worse, each of the four arms started to act like tesla coils. In a methodical pattern, each arm would move around the immediate area in front of GigaR.E.M. sending a shower of electrical bolts towards the ground. These arms had a decent range spanning several meters in front of the main body. Several of the warriors had to run and avoid lightning strikes simply to get out of range of the arm’s electrical storm.

While there were fewer electrically charged strikes behind GigaR.E.M., it was not unaware of Azam’s presence. It had other mechanisms in place, should Azam try to do anything. It used less resources to combat him though, because he was alone, and by extension less of a threat.

15. Yajuu_Kikuishi

As the tip of the broken blade made contact with the glass-like lens, a blossom of heat passed over Azam and for a second, he thought that he had done something to cause it. He glanced right, towards where the heat had come from and saw one of the large pipes fall away from the wall. Okay, probably not something I did then. He thought as he turned his attention back to the lens in front of him.

The glass had held on impact, just, but Azam noticed something inside so couldn’t help but lean forward to take a look. It was like nothing he had seen before; a myriad of lenses surrounding another lens that sat on a moving sphere. It was technology more advanced than anything from his homeland or those around it. The machine didn’t let Azam get to good a look however as a small red light flashed up and Azam recoiled away, blinded.

The broken sword dropped to the ground as he took a couple of steps back, shaking his head to clear away the dots that now filled his vision. As he did this, he noticed the four arms were now separated from the wall. That can’t be a good sign. But they all turned forward, away from Azam.

The machine had not forgotten him though, as Azam and mildly hoped, and more electrically charged zones sprung up around him. It had trapped him quite nicely, so Azam really had only one way to go to avoid being turned to ash; towards the machine.

With a leap that didn’t come from any brainpower, Azam slammed into the back of the machine and tried to get a good grip to start climbing. If he could get on top of the machine, perhaps he could strike the holding tube in a way that his weapon wouldn’t disintegrate.

The effect of Jo’s arrow was not what she had been hoping for. Instead of striking some kind of weak point, she instead apparently just aggravated the machine further and it pulled free the other three pipes from where they had been fastened into the walls. Her archer’s eyes saw that the fire from her explosion had caused some damage as some of the outer layer had melted away, but it was no where near has significant as she’d wanted.

The machine attacked again, using a variation of the lightning strikes mixed with a lightning wave given off by the pipes, but Jo was far enough away to avoid the arm attacks while nimbly dodged the long-range lightning strikes with quick dashes to one side.

How do we hurt this thing significantly then?
    Jo thought, using her eyesight to see if there was a weak spot she hadn’t noticed before. She could use another magic arrow, as she still had a number left, but she wasn’t sure which one would be the most effective; perhaps if she waited to see the other warriors attack she’d get an idea.

16. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Desperately trying to avoid the strikes of lightning, it was becoming increasingly difficult because there didn’t seem to be any signs of the attack slowing down. As the seconds passed, many of the warriors noticed that the lightning strikes were fewer and far in-between the father away from the machine they got. Either actively or not, almost all the warriors had found their way in that direction. Once the warriors were far enough away, GigaR.E.M. stopped its attack and steam was ejected from below the machine. The arms retracted back into a rested position at the machine’s side.

The ground between the warriors and GigaR.E.M. was blackened and warm to the touch. Distorted, and covered with the ashes of the fallen, it was a desolate battle field of one sided opposition. Hesitant at first, the warriors kept close eye on the machine, it’s arms specifically, because they gave the machine a new edge in reach it had not before.

“How in the are we supposed to fight this thing? It’s built like a fortress and nothing we throw at it does anything.” Shouted one of the warriors in frustration. “it’s already killed more of us than that damn giant and blue lady did combined!” He was right. A quick look around would reveal that there stood significantly less people than when they entered. If over one hundred people entered, about less than thirty remained. Among the people missing were Haste, Kaira, and Futoji, though it was hoped that these named people were perhaps somewhere else in the room where they could not see readily.

Fyn walked with Callsim to where Jo was standing. “Hey, do you think you could do that fire explosion thing again?” asked Callsim, “Fyn here think that if you focus fire those joints, the machine will come down. Might not do much, but if we can bring it to our level, we can storm it.” Fyn nodded.

“It m-might not be exactly like the m-machines I’m used to, b-but even one as powerful as this needs joints t-to move.” Said Fyn, “If we can t-topple it, it might give us an opening. It’ll t-take more than one I’m sure. Without artillery, our options are l-limited.”

“Hey, where is that spear wielding air head?” spoke Callsim again, “we could use his strength once we get that thing on the ground.”

“We sh-should hurry. It won’t t-take long before it does s-something else.”

Azam was clinging with all his strength to an indent in the metal body of the machine. Though it was obviously artificially made, GigaR.E.M. lacked a surprising amount of edges, gaps, or plates. The only indents or protrusions were around the lenses, or the barrels that fired lasers. GigaR.E.M. was tall and at its rear lacked several of the armaments that could be seen at the front and by extension handholds. As Azam climbed, the lightning had stopped and machine started a low hum. It was so quiet, that the only way to hear it was to be right next to it. The whirring of moving lenses and the inner working of the machine was now audible since Azam was essentially hugging the machine trying not to fall off.

Eventually though a series of leaping from on indent to the next, risking GigaR.E.M. firing a laser through the through the barrels he had to use for hand holds, and sheer will power, Azam had made it to the top of the machine. From here he could see the entirety of the field as well as the top of the machine. Since GigaR.E.M.’s upper half was almost like a collection of towers, there were short shallow trenches along the top of the machine, at most about three meters deep. Unfortunately, the main body appeared just as solid as the rest of the machine, lacking any sort of entry point. If the incubator was his goal, he would have to make his way to the front. So far GigaR.E.M. was not retaliating against Azam’s presence, but that could quickly change.

#96 Randoms, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  17. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Azam finally peaked the artificial mountain that was their machine enemy and he balanced in one of the many trench-like areas that were formed from the towers atop the machine. Azam figured one of three scenarios; the machine had not noticed him yet, it had no weapons that could attack someone physically atop it, or it was simply waiting for the opportune time to strike. He didn’t know which one was correct but he had a feeling it was the first, which meant he had to move quickly to ensure he could get the most effective strike on it.

From where he was balanced, he could look out over the battlefield, towards where the remaining warriors had gathered, the number now greatly reduced, and also the blackened ground where the machine had attacked with it’s lightning; he was pretty sure he could still see some of it smoking.

Turning his gaze to the machine below him, Azam didn’t think he could attack effectively from where he was so he started moving down. His thoughts ran along the line that if he could get to behind where the pod sat, he could disconnect it somehow and remove what he guessed was the power source of the machine. It probably wouldn’t have to be done delicately, so all he would probably have to do is jam his spear behind the pod and shear through any connections.

With that plan in mind, he started to creep forwards, trying his damnedest not to be noticed by the machine.

The machine calmed its attack and Jo stood with her bow at her side; most of the warriors had gathered close to her simply by the fact it was out of range, or at least effective range, of the machine’s electric attacks. As she looked, she caught two figures walking towards her out of the corner of her eye and turned to meet Fyn with someone she didn’t recognise.

“Hey, Fyn.” She said as the other one started speaking. “Taking out the joints is a good idea, although I’m not too sure how effective rushing it will be.” She said after Fyn had finished speaking. “I’ve got a few of those explosions left, sure, and something else that might help.” While she spoke her keen archer eyes picked up something happening atop the machine. She glanced at it and then her eyebrows rose in surprise.

“As for Azam, he appears to be getting to know the machine closer.” She gestured with a short nod of her head and both Fyn and Callsim turned to look at the machine. “Well, looks like we don’t have much time to plan anything.” She smiled and pulled two more explosion arrows out of her quiver along with a third one that sported vivid green lines running the length of its shaft.

“Prepare anyone who wants to rush that thing, I’m going to bring it to its knees.” She dropped to one knee and quickly nocked and drew an explosive arrow to her cheek. “I’ll give you 10 seconds before I loose.” She said, the smile still on her lips.

18. LilithVonBoch

Anger had gotten the best of Kaira in this quick exchange. The effect of her new power had taken a toll on her, slowly erasing her discipline, logic, her soul was quietly sipping away. With her target wounded for now, it gave Kaira the opportunity to give the area a quick scout. Her Greatsword was impaled into the ground, ready for pick up. With a foe this big, her baby swords wouldn't do much, especially a broken one. Her arm might also be missing, but some of her power was redirected towards her right arm. Beginning to jog towards with haste, she knew she required it, but why did she desire it so much now of all times? It was as if it called to her.

Halfway there, a cold shiver resonated through her body, making her switch her attention to GigaR.E.M which now had a cage of laser under it that quickly covered top to bottom. Few unfortunate warriors were slain immediately, letting Kaira know this meant trouble. Taking a quick glance at the grid of lasers that formed itself, the small posture and missing arm Kaira had was small enough to fit through the holes with ease, even with an arm the only damage would of been her armour. Sprinting away from the grid, her current goal was to retrieve her Greatsword. I might be a thick slab of iron, but iron does not beat laser. Reaching and grabbing her Greatsword's hilt, she kept running towards the wall. With her slab in hand, there would be too much drag for her to turn around and jump through the grids. She would instead use her momentum to launch herself from the wall. Slowing down to give the grid time to reach her, Kaira made one final sprint towards the wall as it came close enough, using her momentum to quickly leap and launch herself towards the grid. With her angle being slightly off, Kaira was forced to curve her body as she went through, avoiding damage to her sword as it passed through the tight gap. Crashing on her back, the one armed woman took a deep breath, kissing the hilt of her blade shortly after.

''I can't lose you either, sweet heart.'' She said, pushing her two-handed sword with her feet to avoid cutting herself. Slipping out of there, she dropped her hilt on her right foot, quickly removing the belts of her smaller blades, grabbing back her big knife, swinging it to the left and using the momentum to land the back on her right shoulder. Followed by an explosion, one of GigaR.E.M leg had fallen, giving Kaira a new option and currently her only one, finding a weak spot. Running once more, she made her way towards the front of the giant opponent. The thrill of fighting woke inside of her, as if she had become one with a beast that had been sleeping within.

Before she could reach her enemy, it had begun to charge spots on the ground once more, but this time they were many more and it's legs had begun to act like the previous Tesla coils. Moving out of the spots once again, the numerous attack made it difficult for Kaira to move around, in fact it had driven her back with the others around one spot, what plan did it have? The others began planning, but Kaira knew time was of the essence, it's attack would only become more intense as they damaged it or just simply taking too long.

''Hey archer girl, wait that on that one....''

Giving a quick glance at the mechanism, something sprouted inside Kaira's head,

''I have a really, dumb theory, but I don't think it can attack with the same potential if it's legs are down, it looks like it's rerouting it's energy to repair... Just like my arm. I'll bait for you, hit it when it starts attacking. Maybe it'll have to stop, that could be a weakness yes. Anyways uhm... I'll see you on the other side.'' Without waiting for other's opinion, Kaira enforced her idea faster than Jo, unless she decided to unleash her arrow right now as well. Running like a blood thirsty hound, she made her way to the left of their target, keeping a low posture as an advantage to her tall foe. Although she had no heart, she could hear a faint yet deep heartbeat, was it hers or someone else?

It was said in the old books written by the fire monks that the flame husk were fed by the biggest desires the user had. All of these lost souls had gone mad, but some were inoffensive, if their goals could be met without any blockade, for these flame husk acted based on nothing but instinct, killing anything that tried to confront them too much. Even though their speech remained, they spoke nothing but their desires. For them it was a jungle, lost from the extinguished flame that once burned bright to guide them. Now, all they have is deep desires humming within them.

19. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

“Alright!” shouted Callsim once Jo had notched another of the presumably explosive arrows onto her bow. He sprinted away to tell the others to prepare to charge. Fyn remained with Jo. At that moment, Kaira had shown up. She was safe after all, though Futoji remained missing for the time being. That did not matter though, since Kaira’s strength would be of tremendous help once Jo was able to bring down GigaR.E.M., and they could not afford much more distractions. However, it appeared that Kaira had her own plans. She speculated that the machine only stopped attacking to repair itself, and thus if they damaged it more, might be able to force it to stop, or at least make its attacks weaker. With no time for a response she dashed towards GigaR.E.M. with new vigor for what plan of attack was left unknown.

Almost immediately after this exchange, GigaR.E.M. started to shift. Along the towers at either side of the machine, a faint red vertical line started to glow. A second later, a thin screen made of deadly photon energy emerged from them creating a barrier at either side of the warriors gathered along the far wall. With this barrier in place, the only available path of movement would be directly towards GigaR.E.M. So far only a few people were outside of its containment, namely Azam, Kaira, and a couple nameless warriors.

“Isolla ien 99%”

Each of the four arms that were once rested at either side of GigaR.E.M.’s body repositioned so that their ends pointed towards the warriors evenly spaced like a square. Electricity began to crackle along the antenna of the massive machine’s body, a couple of them sending a few static shocks towards Azam painfully, but not deadly. There was a change in the air in the space surrounded by the photon barrier. The warriors’ hair began to stand; the overall electrical charge of the space was being altered. The entirety of the ground within the barriers between GigaR.E.M. and the entrapped warriors started to glow slightly. It was obvious what was going to come next, but there was nowhere for the warriors to run. Their only hope at this point was for something, anything, to interrupt GigaR.E.M.’s attack before it went through. This preparation took less than 10 seconds, and it wouldn’t take many more for the attack to go through.

#99 Randoms, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  20. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Kaira’s reappearance and subsequent planning was quick and simple but before Jo could agree with it, the fiery warrior had dashed off towards the machine with great haste. “Well, can’t say her theory is any less right than ours.” She said to herself, drawing her bow and taking aim with one of her explosive arrows; the other explosive arrow, and the one with green lines down its shaft, were gripped vertically so they ran along the front of the bow.

It was at this point the machine started to make it’s move and trapped the warriors near Jo together as the area around them and the warriors themselves started t glow with a dim red light. “Okay, that can’t be good. Looks like we won’t be able to wait for Kaira.” Jo said towards the other warriors, Callsim in particular. With a quick movement she spun the second explosive arrow into position next to its pair and turned the bow sideways. As she did that, she used a finger to split the arrows so they were aiming in different directions; one at each front leg of the machine.

“Brace yourselves to react and attack, ladies and gents.” Jo said before releasing both explosive arrows and nocking the green one.

Electricity passed through Azam’s body, but he got through it with gritted teeth; it was clearly an offshoot of energy as opposed to a direct attack on him. Clearly the machine had yet to notice him; which meant his plan was still in effect. Excess energy in the form of electricity was still passing through him in waves, but Azam soldiered on, creeping down the front of the machine until he was perched slightly above and to the left of the pod with the man in it.

His guess looked to be right as he could see a gap between the pod and the main body of the machine. He holstered his long spear, worried about what any potential backlash might do to it and drew one of his throwing spears. He flipped it in the air to grab it by one of the furthest points before aiming the other end at the gap in the machine.

“Hope this hurts you more than me.” He muttered before shoving the spear into the gap and raking it back and forwards in an attempt to cause as much damage as possible.