The marvel mcu thread

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by yoda313, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Active Member

The whole James Gunn matter is ridiculous.

On another note, I want the release of Infinity War to hurry the hell up; I mean, I watched it a number of times in the Cinema but I still love it. Stuff be good fun.

The Black Widow movie should be entertaining; I really hope it includes Hawkeye mainly because I want to see what happened in Budapest!

2. ReymousFumes

ReymousFumes Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Nerd
    Contributor

Along with the IW blu-ray, I'm also hoping that "Ant-Man & the Wasp" will be released some time around the release of "Captain Marvel" or soon after it, as I skipped the theater viewing for that one (much like I did for the first Ant-Man film). Either way, I probably won't miss out too many important details should Marvel decide to release that blu-ray after Avengers 4 comes out.

3. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Active Member

Ant-Man & The Wasp isn't out round my parts yet (gotta wait till start of august) but I'll definitely going. If they're as quick with it as they were for IW, I expect it will probably come out just before Captain Marvel hits cinemas.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I imagine antman will have a pre Christmas release.

Ill definitely get infinity war on disc,

5. Pass_the_M

Pass_the_M Senior Member

Honestly don't even care about the MCU anymore anyway but if you were on the internet in 2008, there really isn't anything in his posts that was out of the ordinary for humor. Pedobear and Chris Hansen memes were the order of the day.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  6. ReymousFumes

Contributor

Still my favorite MCU movie thus far, right before "The Winter Soldier".

Damn, that "YOU WERE WRONG!" scene was so powerful it got me tearing up again. Eat your heart out, DCEU. THIS is how you do a proper villain, not that Social Network clownster.

7. Neji195

Neji195 Not your average "Newbie"

Exactly. Black Panther was so much more than just a comic book movie. Not only did it talk about touchy things in American history that needs to get addressed but it was a movie about representation and embracing where you come from. It was just so real. BRAVO to Ryan Coogler. I watched the movie in theatres 4 times.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

It's here!!!!

What else is there to say but cool!

ReymousFumes likes this.
  9. ReymousFumes

Contributor

It's sick! It's tight! It's awesome! Make mine Marvel!

God, the trailer is morbid as hell, which is appropriate. I think Cap's going to die... My favorite Avenger... T_T Also, Hawkeye is badass! Looks like he's out for revenge, possibly due to his family getting decimated by Thanos snap...

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wow that last part about hawkeye, wicked! Did you see the nasa post about iron man? :d

11. ReymousFumes

Contributor

Hm? "nasa post"? Which nasa post are you referring to? :confused:

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

ReymousFumes likes this.
  13. ReymousFumes

Contributor

yoda313 likes this.
  14. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I think dark knight probably needed more push then end game. Its guaranteed boku bucks. Dark knight was only going to do really well :D

ReymousFumes likes this.
  15. ReymousFumes

Contributor

Was watching yet another video praising and analyzing Captain America when I realized something important: without "The First Avenger", Cap probably wouldn't become as compelling a character as he is today.

Sure, it's corny and cheesy, maybe even feeling like one of those mediocre 90s/early 2000s superhero flicks (Daredevil, Blade, Spawn, etc.), but I think if you even changed it a little bit, maybe make Cap much cooler than he is in the comic... you would have missed the point of the character entirely, and the impact of this old-fashioned relic of WWII arriving in our modern America wouldn't have been as effective. "The First Avenger" NEEDED to be old-fashioned and corny, to better reflect how disconnected Cap is with modern America's ideals and values, and how much he disagrees with them. It needed to be that way to show what Cap had to abandon: Peggy Carter, the love of his life, along with that romantic rosey-eyed lifestyle of the "greatest generation" when the world was united against a single enemy. It needed to be that way so that Marvel could have a good reason to introduce a much more interesting conflict: an attempt to tear down those old-fashioned ideals in the sequel, to break Cap's spirit. Well, they tried anyway. :nerdy: But as Cap put it in The Winter Soldier, "Don't hold your breath."

It's a mistake that Warner Brothers never got to learn with their Man of Steel fiasco. Too eager to be "cool" and "hip with the times," Warner Brothers jumped the shark and decided to skip the corniness that comes with a traditional Superman story, ending up sacrificing the crucial building blocks needed to build a successful franchise. And without a solid foundation, the rest of the DCCU crumbled very quickly.

Say what you might about the first couple of MCU films, but as corny as they were, both Thor (the first movie) and "The First Avenger" were necessary building blocks to establish the characters' personality and ideals in order to deconstruct them and introduce much more complex conflict into their lives later on. There's a proper structure to storytelling, and Marvel got it right.

And it's still working for them 10 years down the road.

Edit:
    On an unrelated sidenote, we totally need to hear Cap saying "Avengers! Assemble!" at least ONCE in Chris Evans' final movie as Cap, Avengers: Endgame (I know he still has cameos, but this is probably the last one where he has a significant role). Maybe in the final battle or something.

#35 ReymousFumes, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  16. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

@ReymousFumes - youll just have to settle for the end of avengers ultron when he almost says it. Although at nearly three hours end game will certainly have time fir two little words :D

And yep youre points are on point. Dc went ass backwards without doing origin stories beyond man of steel. And you can make a dark super hero movie like the nolan batman series but that had a background theme of hope. Snyder was just doing dark for darks sake.

ReymousFumes likes this.
  17. ReymousFumes

Contributor

By the way, watching the end to the Thanos vs. Darkseid video I tagged yoda with, I picked up a crucial weakness about the Infinity Gauntlet, and it might explain how The Avengers are going to save everyone, and why Dr. Strange said "It's the only way." Alternate universe. The gauntlet can only work in the 616 universe. Any other universe, and it's pretty much just a paperweight.

With the X-Men and Fantastic Four coming home to Marvel soon enough, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that alternate universes are going to be introduced in Endgame. I doubt those two teams would make an appearance yet, but the idea of other universes out there won't break any contractual terms Marvel and Fox have before their deal is done. This would further cement the foundation needed to properly introduce those two teams when the Fox deal falls through, maybe even without changing anything at all since it could be explained with "They came from another universe!"

Damn, I hope that's true. Would make for some pretty interesting storytelling.

18. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Not sure about the other universe for xmen.
    Hoowever I can see this as the ultimate post credit tease:

Wolverines claws!!!

Just think of the roar from the audience on that!

ReymousFumes likes this.