OOC The Nameless

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by Moe, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

This is an RP to test the waters, we haven't had one in a while and I spent most of today on this idea. But I want to firstly present that this isn't a normal RP as I have been trying to think of doing an RP in such a way that doesn't involve players duking it out between each other with special powers or hand to hand. This is more a match of wits, and a mystery RP.

Also, it's going to be gory, like an M rated video game. Like Elfin Lied or Higurashi gore. It involves death and murder so if your not up to that, don't participate, though you still may like to put a scenario together. In these cases I'll deal with the scenario, but I hope to get people within the RP to do scenarios as well.

[​IMG]

Before I go forward, let me present the OP I will expand upon if this takes off.

“You nameless few, upon death you have been sent here to provide continuing life to those who still to live, but that is the simple description of our roll here. Neither angle nor demons we are. Rather that sliver of a chance to survive in certain death. The second chance as it were. But the stiffs both above and below find us boring and thus, we’re to put on a little game, those who have just died are to become the chance, and are to battle each other though wits to win. Win what? Just your life, really this is more limbo than anything, the longer you survive here, the longer you grasp any fleeting life line you have. But there is no guarantee where you go after your job is done here. You can’t win.”

“There is no wining in this. All you can do is decide not to end if possible. The duty plays like so, you are wounded, that wound represents how someone died, by living though them for a time, you hope to learn how they will die, before death presents itself. Mostly these are murders or self inflicted, either or, you are to prevent it. If successful, you win and your wound goes away. If unsuccessful, the wound stays, piling on any other unsuccessful attempts until you are no longer able to processed forward. No examples now, since this is only a practice speech.”

“Everyone ends though, and a new batch comes down and the fun begins all over again. Being mortally wounded and feeling that pain is all that gives solidarity to us nameless. Time has no effect here, where is here...here is nowhere. A manifestation of something resembling somewhere, best described as I said earlier, Limbo.

Taking a bow from where I sand atop a small stage, a row of cotton stuffed dolls sit. This dreary hole is where I introduce the nameless and processed to play their game entertaining the fools above as below.

The reloading of a gun sounds and one I am particular to, I know the sound well as the tall man puts the barrel to the back of my scalp. His name now Lurch, a name I got from one of the nameless years ago who remarked how similarly the two looked. An odd one, retaining fragments of memories from life.

But I growl under my breath at him as I turn, “I’ve told you never to surprise me like that...aim dead on!” I yell as he pulls the trigger of the tommy gun in hand. A scream leaves my mouth before followed by laughter admits the pain and enjoyment...even, pleasure.

If it's not clear, the idea is you have died, but you come to this "limbo" to battle in wits with other people who have died, you have no recollection of who you were before death and here you can take on any form you please, humanoid is best though, easier to place wounds during the game. Age doesn't matter here, you can look as old or young as you want. The character creation is really loose.

Scenario are the game, in a scenario a few things are fixed, such as a wound--dying in your sleep doesn't count. Or an environmental death, such as a landslide or flooding. Death by stabbing for example, your character will get many wounds on their chest, or where ever the stabbing happens that killed the person. The scene of the death. The game is solving how you died, which is probably the easiest part, it's surviving that is hard, once you know how you're going to die, you need to survive past that point and if a player suggested the scenario, they have ever right to try and prevent you from surviving.

The solving how you die is through discussion, but surviving puts you sometime before the death, stop the murderer or avoid the landslide and you'll win.

I of course will do the first scenario, I do have one planned so if you create a character, they can be any age, or sex, just no information on location, nothing matters besides age and sex for most scenarios. After the first scenario you'll get your normal character, the "nameless" character.

Nameless Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Description(Provide Pictures, multiple if needed):
    Personality:

Scenarios: (PM me with your scenarios, they aren't suppose to be seen by others.)
    Name of the Person who dies:
    Description of their death and events leading to it.
    Wound that Killed: (What is the wound that killed the person)

Again, if this takes off, I can expand on everything. Also, because this is me, the story isn't a game...well it is, but think Umineko, Battler vs the Golden Witch.

If interested, join the old Discord RP channel I had for the Scarlet Carnival.

Moe:
    Bastille
    Bastille is his name, he's been around for ages, I know I said this "limbo" isn't affected by time, but he's been around since long before the current arrivals. This being the case, he has sustained multiple wounds, and is bound by his own values. He is covered in open wounds, some even festering. In constant pain he survives here. Some notable wounds include burns covering most of his body, bandages covering his stomach preventing his guts from falling out, hobbling around, no left arm, no right eye, and clouded left eye, mouth sown shut. The list goes on, but he's allowed himself to retain these wounds. Due to this, Lurch is constantly cleaning up the blood that is constantly produced by him and where we goes in "limbo."

I have no good images to show as an example for how he looks but he's well in his forties, and overall silent. His attire is a over coat, open and no shirt underneath, showing his bare chest and the bandages around his abdomen. A cloth skirt, like a kilt to cover the rest, boots which are far beyond worn, and more bandages around his face, all blood soaked though.

His personality is silent, but he always tries to do the right thing, even though in "limbo" right and wrong are non existences. It's all chance.

#1 Moe, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

So if I understand this right, the game has your character receive a wound. This wound represents how someone will die. Your goal is to figure out how they die and try to prevent it. Succeed and the wound disappears. Fail and the wound remains for the next round.

My questions are if the wounds we get are fatal, but we basically have to live through it anyway to play the game, what factors into a character's inability to continue or death?

On the inverse what constitutes victory to leave?

Do these games actually save a still living person's life if successful?

As a follow up if affirmative, is it correct to assume all players will be receiving the same wound? How does that work to save the life? I feel that once someone tries you can't really go back in time for someone else to have a chance.

Which then leads if a player suggests a scenario, how would his character hinder the success of another while also suffering the same wound?

If any of them are irrelevant please let me know.

3. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Fail and the wound is permanent, an extreme example would be falling from a building...but I haven't thought much into the RP because I'm not sure if people are interested or not. Lets say you fall off a building, basically your body is done for but during the round you'll take over the person's mind, controlling their thoughts, not necessarily their body as with lesser examples such as an getting stabbed multiple times or something. If it doesn't damage the body, you have control of the body. Does this help you understand my thoughts? So depending on the scenario, you could be out the first round if you fail to solve and prevent the death.

There is the Limbo world, and the Real world. In the Limbo world is your character, that character will gain a wound and be able to come back and forth between the two worlds as much as they like to by time and figure out what they need to do, like I said time has no effect in Limbo...it's not called limbo I'm just using that word to explain. I answered the last part of this question above.

I'm not sure, basically you fail any of the scenarios and you lose, there is no real winning as I had the host state, but again since I haven't developed the idea that far it's completely up for debate.

Yes they do, so it's completely dependent on your character, and the scenario, I mean you could get a murderer and you may want him to die, so you don't solve the case. It's suppose to be a psychological game as well, so again, completely up for debate but if you succeed in preventing the death, that person lives.

I was thinking along the lines of up to 3 scenarios would be happening at once, and for this at least 6 people but it's debatable.

The person who suggest the scenario wouldn't receive any wounds...again debatable.

They are all good questions, but like I mentioned that I am testing the waters to see if anything stick, I can go into further development if this is an RP people would like to try, as of now it's just a skeleton of what could be.

#3 Moe, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

I see. Thanks for the answers. I'm kind of interested to see how it goes. I'll make a character in the near near future.

5. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

I am working on developing a template for the scenario, after which if we have no takers for sometime I'll think of another idea and try again. I have included a character that I will be using besides the Host, and he's posted in the OP. I really like this idea so besides Randoms, I hope others will give this a try.

6. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Maybe saying "near near future" was pushing it. Here is my character. I basically put down what he was/is like when he lived since he has never been here before.

Name: Christoph Mason
    Description: Once preformed as a male gymnast, he is of tone body with defined arms and legs. He is of average height at 5'10". He has very short brown blonde hair. He has brown eyes. He does not have any facial or body hair. His attire consists of a black sleeveless shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers. He does not have any jewelry. He has a tattoo on his upper right arm that is a collection of lines that looks vaguely like a female dancer.
    Personality: He is friendly to everyone he meets and is familiar even to those he has met once. However if someone does him wrong, his attitude towards them takes a 180, and is not so easy to forgive. That is not to say the occasional mistake or off interaction will turn him hostile.

7. Moe

Moe Fed to the Rancor

Good one, I do look forward to seeing how he'll handle the psychological aspects of this RP. I hope you don't mind a lot of gore.

This being said, we'll still need more people, and if not, probably another half a year before I come up with another RP we could try.

8. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Clearly, I wasn't paying enough attention to have missed you posting this idea up. I must say I am thoroughly intrigued by this. I think I understand the gist of your meaning but I may well come up with a question or two at some point. You can expect a character from me shortly.

It's nice to see some activity round these parts.

And shortly comes...

Name: Arthur Writhlington

Description: Arthur is a short, squat man with supple muscles from marathon running. His hair is brown flecked with grey and cut short on the back and sides, leaving a bristly inch on top. Green eyes stare out from a deep brow. Arthur favours a sweater-vest over a long sleeved buttoned shirt, fastened at the neck by a bowtie, plain chinos, and leather loafers. Circular, metal framed glasses sit on his nose.

Personality: Stubborn and confident, Arthur does not like it when things don’t go his way. He is quick to point out his displeasure but will do so with politeness. A debater by nature, convincing others that he is speaking the truth is his standard go to approach.

#8 Yajuu_Kikuishi, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

Pretty sure Chris is secretly Tank Top Black Hole

[​IMG]

#9 4xdblack, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017