Sci-Fi The Reflection: Wave One

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Shannon Apple, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Superhero
    Studio: Studio Deen (collaboration with Stan Lee)
    Source: Original

[​IMG]

Synopsis:

After THE REFLECTION, some people in all parts of the world are discovered with super powers. Some become heroes, and others villains. How did the Reflection happen? What was the cause of it? With many unsolved mysteries, the world is lead into turmoil. (Source ANN via Anime-Planet.com)

ANN's synopsis above doesn't explain it too well, so I'll elaborate a little. This anime is a collaboration between Stan Lee and Studio Deen. It is an original concept with original "comic book" characters. It centers around the idea that one day, after an event, people all over the world are discovering that they have super-powers. But what if the wrong kind of people woke up with these super powers, formed an army of sorts and attacked the non-super humans?

The very fact that it's Stan Lee involved in this makes me want to at least check it out and see if it's any good.

Air Date: 22 July 2017

#1 Shannon Apple, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

New promo is out.

3. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

FUNimation Entertainment has updated its summer streaming lineup to include The Reflection anime. The premiere date is yet to be revealed.

4. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

You think they want to time its release when the super-hero hype has settled down or slowed a bit?

Also, I really like the art style and premise of "too many bad guys, not enough good guys". I think it'll be like a "villain of the week" type thing but with over-arching plot-points about the "shocking truth" of The Reflection.

5. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

You wonder what it can do differently. Plus it's clear from the PV that the animation is taking a different direction.

6. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Crunchyroll has announced that it will stream The Reflection anime series starting this Saturday at 1:30 p.m. EDT. The anime will be available to members worldwide except in Asia.

Funimation, while listing the anime as part of its summer simuldub lineup, hasn't revealed the premiere date and time on its site yet.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

First episode is out.

OctalKey likes this.
  8. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

The Reflection ED Full「SunSunSunrise」by 9nine

9. DamianWinters

DamianWinters Active Member

I finally got around to checking this out and even though it got alot of hate (unnecessary amount imo) I still wanted to see for myself. The art style is different and nice to look at so no complaints there. The music is very good, liked all the music in the show so far. The characters and powers are all definitely interesting and the backstory is a bit cliche but not bad or anything. Only the dialogue and pacing were poorly done, alot of the characters seemed like they weren't able to speak properly. Also there was to much pausing and no weight behind the combat.

It has enough for me to keep watching for now but if it doesn't improve I might end up dropping it. Its probably like a 6/10 so far.

#9 DamianWinters, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017