The Stuff I'm Watching Thread.

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Oh Snape, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Member Moderator

After being continuely ignored and dissed by the uncouth vagrants in chat regarding my viewing habits, I've decided to make this thread showcasing shit I'm watching. No, it is not a clone of inferier thread you are thinking about, its a super awesome and super informative thread with tons of disussion value.

So without further ado...

Blood Drive.

Trailers in spoiler tags.

Basically Death Race the tv show. Tons of grindhouse and b/movie epicness with the expected gore, cheese, gratitous violence, cracking one liners and cheese. This is basically what the Dusk Till Dawn netflix shoudl've been. On episode 7, love this shit.

Also watching Ozark.

About dude who launders money for a mexican cartel. His partnes decide to ripp-off said cartel....execution and dissolving in acid ensue. Shit goes south literally as he is forced to relocate to the Ozarks, a party lake thing in Missori to pay back Cartel.

On episode 5, nice pacing, interesting characters and things are starting to take shape. Tons of Breaking Bad vibes, its fantastically shot but needs a definitive bad guy. Main cartel guy is a douchier version of George Clooney. Or George Clooney.

That'll do for now.

Anyone else not super lame?

#1 Oh Snape, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Dunn x Dolo

Dunn x Dolo King of the Chatroom
    Silver Founder

You watch some shit shows. AHAHAHAHAHA. Even outside chat we ridicule you. ^_^

I might check out Blood Drive just because you finally linked a video. I see you forgot to add your favorite movie as well. Why aren't you telling people about Ninja the Violent Sorcerer?

3. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Well I can't just spunk all the awesomness in one post now can I?

Yes, the entire thing is on youtube if the trailer was get you too excited. And you might as well watch this as well

Dunn x Dolo likes this.
  4. tripplej

tripplej Well-Known Member

Ozark is very good. I am watching that one.. Will check out Blood drive. Thanks.

5. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

How far have you got and have you seen Breaking Bad? I'm on episode 6 and I heard this almost spoils the series so we'll see how that goes. I think Batemens character is way douchier than Walt at start of series but is a goodish guy at heart. Wonder how much he veers to the darkside as series progresses.

The best character is the trailer park 90's hip hop femme fetale. So I don't expect her to be in season 2.

6. tripplej

I love Breaking Bad.. I am on episode 2 of Ozark. I started it last week but other things got in the way so need to get back into it.

7. Kuze

Kuze 『Ole Ole Ole』
    Contributor

Kanye West music on the trailer? Uh uh. But be sure to post an update here, in a non-spoilery way, how Ozark goes down in episode 10. Seems like drug-thriller series are the shows I usually end up watching.

8. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Ky Ozark episode 6 was as solid as the previous episodes. And I'm starting to get attached to some of the characters. And it is brilliantly shot.

I'm gonna highly rec this, but its ratings did drop as the season progressed so we'll see how it ends up. It has Breaking Bad vibes bu I think it needs the villains to step up there game to give it that all round awesomeness.

tripplej likes this.
  9. tripplej

I am on Ozark episode 5, actually just finished 4, starting on 5.. The guy doesn't get a break does he?

I am enjoying this series. Thanks for the recommendation.

10. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Finished Ozark and can see why its rated at 64% despite being much better than that. It has a habit of throwing in 'omgwtf randomz' moments. Fine once or twice but when you then use it for an actual plot/pivatol moment....it not only loses its impact its also jarring as hell.

Thankfully Batemen (the whole cast is on point) and the superb cinematography throughout paper over the cracks and it ends up not being a deal breaker for me. Hopefully they'll cut this shit out next season.

7/10 (thats 70% fresh yo).

Ill update Preacher in my awesome Preacher thread.

tripplej likes this.
  11. OctalKey

OctalKey 100% Polyester
    Gold Founder

Thread should have just been titled "Snape watches Ozarks"

Oh Snape likes this.
  12. tripplej

I also just finished "Ozark". The suspense every episode is something else. I agree with all the surprises.. Just way too much too soon. However, I enjoyed it and I will watch season 2 if they produce it. :)

Thanks for the recommendation.

13. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

14. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Well Comrade Detective is must watch and a great way to see how propaganda works in non western countries. Unintetionally hilarious and disturbing in places. Like how one of the detectives met his wife. Love to discuss this show and its themes. I'm on episode 4 and episode 3.....pissed myslef laughing. And I honestly don't know how they managed to muster the budget to this. On par with anything from the era and has tons of western influences such as the Euro crime genre, The Sweeny, Straksky And Hutch and I swear there's a touch of Frankenheimer in there. Top stuff.

Gonna watch first episode of Mr Mercedes next. Retired detective works to bring seriel killer to justice blah balh. Ad also this....

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/killjoys/s01/

Lesse shes hot and theres action. Messa in.

15. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

Started watching dollhouse. From the sound of it, I might start watching Ozark.

Still watching game of thrones weekly but there's only 2 episodes to go

16. tripplej

Thanks for the recommendation on Comrade Detective. Just started and so far so good. :)

17. Oh Snape

Staff Member Moderator

Ky so Comrade Detective. Took me till episode 5 till I clocked it was a satire of Soveit propaganda shows. Even though most Romanians didn't know wtf I was talking about when I mentioned it. Well played netflix. Well played. Wildely entertaining and the Ronald Reagan rave scene is gif gold.

Dropped Killjoys. 3shallow5me. Mr Mercedes........well. First off, can watch Braden Gleeson all day long so I'm in till end. Its based of a trilogy of Stephen King novels about a hardboiled cop.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/mr-mercedes-review-stephen-king-david-e-kelly-audience-video-1202136961/

But its one those ones where you know identity of killer so wonder where show goes from here. Hopefully it won't be just the killer doing more and more graphic and disturbing things. Oh, and this show is disturbing and unsettling. Like really. Will be watching an episode or 2 weekly thanks at most.

On a somewhat related note, Rick and Morty episode 4? Average. There I said it.

18. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

19. Scruffie

Scruffie Pro Tarantula Bro-Fister
    Editor

I think I've attempted the first episode 3 times because people tell me I'd like it, and have never gotten through it. Ley me know how it goes

20. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Sure will. People kept telling me the same thing and it showed up on Netflix.

The pacing seems a bit off, they introduced a lot of different things that maybe could have waited for another episode? It is definitely not a masterpiece by any means but a good show to have on in the background so far.