The Stuff I'm Watching Thread.

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Oh Snape, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Raffee

Raffee Panda
    Platinum Founder

The only shows I've watched lately are those home improvement shows on FYI channel. So addicting lol.

Narilka and Oh Snape like this.
  2. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

I took about three or four days and did nothing but watch Brooklyn 99, which is actually a fantastic show. I'm fully caught up already. As with just about every sitcom, you've gotta give it a little bit of leeway in the early episodes, but once it's on it stays that way.

If you like Parks & Recreation, you'll love this. It has the same sense of humor, which should come as no surprise given that Michael Schur had a prominent hand in both series. Some of the Parks' cast even pops up on occasion. For my money, it's even better. I really dig it.

3. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Godless has been added. Loved Deadwood and Justified (still need to finish that......).

Brooklyn 99 is rubbish. And put Me down for The Duece being show of the year. Sorry Westworld.

Two shows I've started are 'Review'. Clips in link. US only. Booooooo.

http://www.cc.com/shows/review

Been pimping this in chat so someone might watch it in 2020 and then not stfu about it. I'm looking at you, Enies, Kuze and Kerb.

Also - Future Man.

Just watch it, can't be arsed typing anymore.

4. Novaire

[​IMG]

5. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Currently watching:

Brooklyn 99

[​IMG]

Last Man on Earth

[​IMG]

Superstore

[​IMG]

Spartacus Blood and Sand

[​IMG]

Novaire likes this.
  6. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 lord jupiter

Glee and all i can say is why didn't I watch this sooner

7. Novaire

I started Star Wars: Rebels last night. I've finished the first season and some of the second.

It's surprisingly good. Its sense of humor is just great, it is Star Wars-esque through and through. The character designs are also good. The Grand Inquisitor, in particular, is super cool. There are tons of references, cameos, and awesome original creations. I also really love that the Clones have a bitterness about them after being decommissioned in favor of the Stormtroopers, and it was awesome seeing some of them get to kick some Imperial ass in Season 2. I honestly think this is some of the best stuff to come out of this franchise. It's a really fun watch.

My foremost thought is that, with this being considered canon, the lightsaber stuff in the film universe is way, way less interesting. Yeah, Kylo's got some puny lightsaber crossguards, big whoop, Ezra's is way better than that, and the Inquisitor has Kylo beaten by a country mile:

[​IMG]

#67 Novaire, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  8. Oh Snape

Staff Advisory

^Will check that depending on what kind of star wars boner the new movie gives me. And last man on earth and Spartacus are aweome. Shame actor of latter died and the follow ups were shit.

Started Godless. Amzing stuff. First episode was cinematic but slow as hell. But then the mundane ide stories meld togther and the scope and depth is amazing. And yes, Jeff Danials rules. Can't wait to watch episode 3.

9. wesleyv1

wesleyv1 lord jupiter

Darth maul could do that in his sleep.

Btw you do know star wars rebels is a spinoff sequel to star wars the clone wars that takes place after order 66

10. Oh Snape

Staff Advisory

Man they really really suger coated the ending to Godless. I mean lead up was gritty and nihilistic as hell which just made the ending even more huh? followed by... why did they even bother? All of the characters I mean. Pretty senseless.

Worth checking though, some interesting characers and perfomances and thers some stunning sots and sequences.

tripplej likes this.
  11. Enies

Enies Established Member

been watching new season of black mirror after I caght up with the show a couple of weeks ago. I only have one more episode left and i can safely say this season is pretty damn solid as good as anything from the first two seasons. The consistency is pretty impressive.

Also a couple of episodes from Anthony Burdain parts unknown. Its always fun to see someone get paid to just eat and drink while travelling all over the world.

12. Interest1ng

Interest1ng SC's AmbASSador.... MAWP!!!

Started watching The End of the F****ING World on Netflix. It is a short series where each episode is between 18-25 mins. It is funny and interesting.

[​IMG]

Pretty good watch so far and I started watching the EGGS BENEDICT CUCUMBERBATCH Sherlock with Martin Freeman. Pretty good so far long episodes tho.

[​IMG]

13. Gaff

Gaff Za Warudo
    Silver Founder Plus

On a free month of Netflix right now, so after hearing so many complaints about the toxic fanbase, I finally decided to try Rick and Morty. It's okay I guess - I find it oddly compelling for the bizarre situations the characters end up in, but I only find it funny intermittently. It makes me miss Futurama, before that jumped the shark.

14. Oh Snape

Staff Advisory

That Rick And Morty fanbase seems to have moved onto Black Mirror.