OOC The Tale Begins

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by BlackElement, Dec 24, 2017.

1. BlackElement

BlackElement SC's original Deviant

Hello all. I am BlackElement if you didnt already read my name. I am an oldie from A4. Some of you may or may not remember me. Regardless, im a long time roleplayer. Online and offline. I actively participate in games and story driven social settings. Yes i play D&D. But i am also into Table Top Rpgs. Just an excerpt about me so you can feel more comfortable with your GM, me.

Here is a small and concise version of what i plan:

An Excerpt from Lt.Lazaolus' field journal:
    I had woken up today at sunrise as is my usual. The air was crisp and cold at this altitude. The sun was climbing the eastern sky and the day was clear and bright. As i left my tent and made rounds to check my camp for my fellow men, i found nothing. No sign of life. Initially i was worried and curious. It was unusual for the men to leave the camp at night and i always awoke first to take on the morning duties. I checked inside one of the other tents and found nothing suspicious. Nothing had been stolen, all the weapons and gear accounted for. Just the men were missing. As i began to get more fearful i went to the the lookout tower to see if they had been away at some meeting without me. I climbed the wooden ladder, intending to get to the top for a better view. Part way through my ascent i spotted a group of figures in the distance on the path leading up to our camp. Thats when my blood turned to ice.

The gate was painted with gore. Blood every where, as if the entire platoon had poured every bit of their life essence into the snow. I saw no weapons or a sign of a struggle. But what scared me worse was that what ever was below me had just seen me. And they were wearing the skins of my comrades.

This setting is going to be low magic. Meaning people are mostly mundane and normal. People do not like or even see adventures like you often. Regarding it as a foolhardy endeavor and the path to a quick grave. The world is largely controlled by a religious order called the Templar Inquisition. They are a crusader esq regime that dominates the civil countries with an iron fist. Dedicating their resources to the control and management of magical entities. Meaning magic is widely banned. They have been in power for a long time. But as you will come to find out, magic is not so easily kept contained. Forces and entites are at work to peel back the Templars work and return the world back to its wild and chaotic state. As this adventure unfolds you will hopefully discover the secrets and untamed wilds that still manage to wriggle free from the hands of the Templars. You and the party will come to learn, understand and meet many people who are in this world. What the Templars are about, what they do and why they do it. Will you help or destroy the Templars? Find out what peoples motivations are, what plots are being built and deployed are up to your discovery. I will be helping you hand in hand to delve deeper into your back stories and find truth and meaning to each and every character.

Goals:
    •Have lots of character development
    •Have interesting story
    •Have fun
    •Plan to dedicate a progressive story arc to each and every person
    •Design the adventure and encounters to the likes of each individual
    •Make long lasting memories and have the characters hopefully become people of their own and be so real to us we will consider them our children

How will we achieve this? I plan to follow a simple rule of roleplaying. I as the GM will be your world. I am the land, the people and basically god. I will not control any characters to represent myself as a player. You and the other members of your party will explore and live in my setting. Doing what you wish!
    Note!: Characters can die in this story. And there are consequences for actions.

Rules:
    ●No god modding
    ●No auto hitting - i will determine factors of combat and things as such based on the detail of the action they are attempting. I will usually determine each action with the result of a die roll. Im not going to post my die rolls as proof, just trust me. More detail gives me a better idea of what will happen.
    ●No smut-keep this pg 13 in terms of sexual content. Blood and gore may or may not arise
    ●No argument with me in IC. Keep OOC to OOC.
    ●All rules as of this forum and the rules of the RP threads.
    ●No killing other players without their and my consent

Character Skeleton:
    Name:
    Race:
    Class/Occupation:
    Skills: (This refers to mundane skills. Such as leather working or blacksmithing.)
    Abilities: (Magical or Non Magical. Special things that you have attained in your line of work or occupation. Such as Lie Detection, Lip Reading, Forging Documents)
    Notable Atrritbutes: (What about you stands out most here? Big cuddly bear? Insane spell caster?)
    History:

Please do not make a super special snowflake. I will be approving each and every character before allowing them into the RP. If you are adverse to sharing your character right away for what ever reason, atleast send it to me. And please do not make some one JUST to attack or harass other members of the party. You are all on this adventure together and already know each other atleast by name and face if not more.

Feel free to discuss with me any questions you may have.

2. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

This sounds pretty interesting, but how are you going to work it if you don't get many people signing up? I'll probably get a character up tomorrow though.

3. BlackElement

If i dont get enough people or alot, ill just run it the same. The story may be tweeked because of that.

4. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Here we go.

Name:
    Aludden Montessen
    Race:
    Human
    Class/Occupation:
    Mercenary
    Skills:
    Although not competent to forge from scratch, he can do basic repair work on weapons and armour. He is a natural when it comes to riding horses and most horses he meets acclimatise to him quickly.
    Abilities:
    High level swordsmanship from constant training. He also has a sound tactical awareness in battle; whether one-on-one or armies clashing.
    Notable Attributes:
    Aludden wears a magically imbued suit of plate-armour that pairs with a similarly imbued long-sword.
    History:
    Aludden comes from a mid-level noble family who are constantly trying to up their status in the world. On a path to this his father sent Aludden to work with a higher noble family to gain knowledge, experience, and renown. As it happened, the family in question started by making him work in the stables; which was no concern of Aludden as he got on with nearly every horse he came into contact with. He soon blended in and, although becoming known for his affinity for horses, became just another stable-boy.

A few years passed, and the third-born son of the family took a liking to him when he stopped his horse from going berserk. He was an older gentleman who wanted Aludden to become a member of his horse-guards and so persuaded his father to take him. When he started training with sword and lance it soon became clear he had skill with the former and nearly none with the latter; not very handy for a horse-guard which usually ended up the opposite way. So he transferred him across to the normal guard where in the next couple of years Aludden worked his way up the ranks until he was second-in-command.

A couple of months after his promotion, he came back from a night of drinking with his men to find a young girl in his quarters. She looked to be about 8 years old and was sitting in the corner of the room drawing on his armour. As Aludden approached her, the drawings lit up with strange energy and he found he couldn’t move forward any further without straining. She was using magic. He knew how the Templar Inquisition would likely treat her and he couldn’t subject such a young girl to it. So the next day, he packed up his gear and disappeared, taking the young girl Alyssa with him.

Since then he’s upgraded his armour and weapons and Alyssa has become more practiced with her magical manipulations. He takes jobs like head-hunting and short-term bodyguarding to make money and tries his best to make sure Alyssa is never discovered by the wrong people.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Technically two characters with Alyssa but they'll always be together (barring anything story related) so I hope there isn't any problem with that.

5. BlackElement

Interesting. My only problems are these: why does this girl know magic and what does it do? Second what does the armor do and how do you hide it from the Templars? They are everywhere and are trained to recognize magic and have hounds that can smell it.

6. Yajuu_Kikuishi

The 'why' of the girl's magic depends on the magic of the world I suppose; I was imagining that as a young girl, she is a new person with the ability to access magic. If that is not how it works, I can think of something different. As to what it does, it is the transference of instructions into written word (or symbols, as long as her intent is clear when drawing). So it can do a variety of things but obviously her magic power isn't very high so she can't do stupidly powerful stuff like writing someone to die.

As for Aludden's armour, the symbols Alyssa draws on them are on the inside so you can't see them and he has to activate them to work. So as long as the hounds can only smell active magic, he should be alright. They vary depending on what he can get Alyssa to do but he tends to stick to a sort of repelling spell that pushes physical attacks slightly off target.

Hope that's all alright.

7. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

So how far does magic go? As i have a character in mind but he has an enchanced sword

8. BlackElement

Thats fine! ;)
    Sorry for the ultra late response. Been busy. Also sorta forgot about this.
    whats the sword do and how did your character get it?

9. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

The sword is basically a mix of alive flesh and a blade. Wich in turn is fused with his right hand. Imagen slightly how soul edge from soul caliber looks. It basically increases in strength the more the user gets hurt and it has sentience. It was found in a mythical forest (dubbed the forest of flesh, the fusion of man and nature. It has many names) next to his village (In his original lore at least, details can always be changed) . When his village was attacked he fled to this forest. Until he eventually after just running he got to the middle of the forest. Where this blade was stuck in the middle of a huge plant. As he ran from two attackers he ran from the sword as he was trained in sword play with two handed weapons by his mentor. He grabbed the blade and it fused with his right hand, wich he then used to fight off the two following him. He then tried to come back to rescue his village but was too late

Thats how he got the sword in his original lore but i can easily change it to fit your world

10. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Great. No worries about the lateness but I hope we manage to actually start this :)