Fantasy Toji no Miko

Discussion in 'New In Japan' started by Pinky The Blue Flamingo, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

[​IMG]

Toji no Miko

Synopsis

Since ancient times, shrine maidens who wield swords have been exorcising "aratama," strange existences that threaten the human world. These young women who wear school uniforms and a sword are called "Toji," and they serve as an official unit within the police force as a "special religious service police squad." The government authorizes the Toji to wear swords and serve as government officials, and the government has set up five schools throughout the country for the girls to attend. The girls live ordinary school lives, while occasionally performing their duties, wielding their swords and using various powers to fight and protect the people.

(source ANN)

Airs 1-5-2018 on Crunchyroll

2. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Yes please! Im there. Looks right up my ally :)

3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

You can catch this on Crunchyroll as well as a simuldub on Funimation.

4. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I originally thought this would be a super power school like infinite stratos. However the monster aspect lends itself to be more like strike the blood, corpse princess, freezing and even bleach to an extent.

I think it almost threw too much in the first episode. It had more of a continuation feeling then a start to something. Its not overly complex its just you didnt get thd usual academy tutorial from the first timers walking through everything. They just hit the ground running as they explained. Its ok its just different from the usual approach. Im maybe overstating it a bit byt it is slightly different and that's ok.

5. Sora Senpai

Sora Senpai The Ecchi King
    Contributor Gold Founder

Okay...so is this a Ga Rei Zero rip off where these girls fight monsters? I just scratched my head thinking about the other anime it reminded me of and that's "School Girl Strikers". My goodness that is not a good thing.

Like It started off action packed...and then bullshit...and then it picked up with good animation (side note: the animation in the beginning against that centipede was fucking terrible) but then...like they didnt even bake the cake they just took all of the ingredients and put the icing right on top of the raw ingredients.

This chick goes right in and attacks the head of the house hold...loses and then AND THEN the MC saves her...like this bitch just went in for the kill and you're SAVING HER?!?!?!

WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?!?!

6. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Toji no Miko OP "Save you Save me" PV video

7. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Hmm intersting. Now theres some explanation. And there is some chemistry between the main characters. Im glad there is motivation now. At first it just didn't make sense.

I do like this so ill stick with it.

8. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I like this :) the powers were kind of explained. I do like the character interaction. What will be interesting is how they handle the quest. Its in the
    Hiding phase now, when will they get to the leader again ?"

9. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

This is turning out to be a good series. It's a little light and has the vein of strike the blood annoyances (like the combo between the two main characters - while its evolving its slightly irritating like the "its my fight too" or whatever that catchphrase was in strike the blood). But i do like that its just the two main characters. The story is a bit simplistic but its enjoyable. I do recommend it for good action and a passable story. You could do far far worse. And the production value is good.

10. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

The ending of the first half was enjoyable. It wrapped up stuff pretty well and the action was fun.

Surprisingly it picks up without a break. The new half has a new mystery and some dynamics among the cast. Worth watching for sure.

11. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Hey sora senpai did you keep up with this?

I think its good that this half they're going into the different backgrounds a bit more. The first half was establishing but now they can explore more. There is still action but there is a little more, levity isnt quite the word im looking for but its just a different direction slightly.

12. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Wow we got nenes back story! That was a prettty intense episode. Thrre must be another ace up their sleeve. Im thinking it must be something to do with yellow dress girls patents research firm. They must have more then just the s equipment. I know they werre working on noro in that recent episode but forgot what else it was about.

This is good :)

13. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Evil princess cosplay :D

Wow never good when the government gets involved. Ready for more!

14. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Toji No Miko Opening 2 Full : Shinkakei Colors - V.A

15. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

Aww that was a sweet ending. They really wrapped everything up well. The whole family angle was great at the end. I think my only complaint is the size if the cast. Sometimes when a character isnt front and center you can forget whos who. All in all though it was very well done. The action sequences were excellent. Nothing tops taboo tatoo as far as crazy matrixesque camera angles go but toji did some excellent sword battles.

If you scifi action this is definitely a series for you.