General Travel Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Koda, May 24, 2018.

1. Koda

Koda Senior Member

Haven't seen one on here, so thought I'd post one. Post any information or photos about your travels and holidays.

I'm going to post photos from my travels, I have a lot but here's a few recent ones from my recent trip to France.

France May 2018
    Bayeux
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pegasus Bridge
    [​IMG]

Canal to Caen
    [​IMG]

Vienna, Austria April 2018

View from my hotel lobby
    [​IMG]

River Danube running through Vienna, just outside my hotel
    [​IMG]

Prater Vienna
    [​IMG]

Schönbrunn Palace Grounds

[​IMG]

Kuze likes this.
  2. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

My husband and I went on our second honeymoon in February, to Fabulous Las Vegas.

We love vegas, not because of the gambling, but because its just so damn much fun, there is never a lack of things to do, and if you are a foodie the restaurants are to die for!

This time we went to the eiffel tower restaurant for the big night and it was phenomenal, seriously I cant recommend it enough. I wish I had pics but the place was so nice having my phone out felt wrong lol
    Its a shame too because on the way back to the hotel a teenage intoxicated ninja turtle yelled at my husband for being so lucky to have such a pretty girl with him XD

But this was the view from our room, not bad at all tbh =3

[​IMG]

3. Koda

Koda Senior Member

I'd love to visit it's on my list definitely will go on a lads holiday there but it's definitely different than my usual holidays so would be cool. Shame you don't have more photos

4. Griffmeister

Griffmeister What the hell are you staring at?
    Gold Founder

What are you guys using for photo apps? Something easy to use I hope. This year we did a cruise out of Tampa to Mexico and Roatan, but didn't take many pictures. One of those vacations where it was good to get away and just live in the moment. Last year we visited London and other parts of the UK. Drove to York, saw part of Hadrians Wall, the Cotswolds and, of course, Stonehenge. Got a lot of pictures still on the SD card in the camera. Of course it was only after the trip was all planned out and we're seeing the sights that we found out they only do the changing of the guard on certain days. Guess which days we weren't in London?

5. Pinky The Blue Flamingo

Pinky The Blue Flamingo Too old for this shit
    Staff Advisory Editor-in-Chief Gold Founder

imgur is about as easy as it gets dude.

6. Grungie

Grungie Established Member
    Contributor

I lived in England for a couple of years. Went to a few places on the continent.

Sadly I’ve been to a McDonalds in every country I’ve been in, not intentionally, but when you show up at a country at 9pm and nothing else is open, you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. Koda

Koda Senior Member

I've been to a lot of mc donalds around the world to be honest haha. True only thing open everywhere

8. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

Our most recent trip was to San Francisco in April. My brother and his family live there so we went around the city with them. We had been there before so we hit up the things we didn’t do last time. We walked through China Town, went to golden gate park and the Japanese garden, Academy of Sciences, went to the beach (albeit very chilly), ride the cable cars and went around to a few other places. After San Francisco we headed up to the Napa Valley area for a couple of days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My highlight was the Japanese garden. Could just walk around forever in there and they had a nice little cafe with tea and treats

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’ve done quite a bit of traveling over the years, but the only place I’ve been to in Asia is China. I’d love to someday visit Japan, Thailand and South Korea. I’d also love to hit up Amsterdam someday and maybe Iceland, the blue lagoon in particular.

9. Sanford Feldt

Sanford Feldt Visitor

I noticed that the old travel thread is way out dated here so I plan to create a new one. This 2018, I plan to visit Europe and Spain. For my summer holiday, I'm looking at Tenerife or Lanzarote.I came across this one article about the place here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/gran-canaria/things-to-do/doramas-park/ I've never been to either and apparently, the beaches are fantastic as well as being suitably 'different' to make it interesting. How about you guys? Any plans?

10. Enies

Enies Famous Member

Did you witness the homeless crisis people are talking about.