Mystery TRICKSTER: Edogawa Rampo "Shounen Tantei-dan" yori

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Kuze, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

[​IMG]

Lowdown
    :

(Source: Official Website)

Trailer:

Air Date: Check here

Official Site: here

Twitter: here

2. Novaire

Novaire Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

Unfortunately, Rampo's library of mystery stories remain largely, if not completely, untranslated, so as a westerner without the ability to read Japanese novels, this is somewhat exciting. I'd much prefer a direct adaptation, but I'll take what I can get. Nijū Mensō no Musume (En. The Daughter of Twenty Faces) is one of my favorite series, so loose adaptations of his characters in original stories have been a real hit with me in the past.

I'm trepidatious, but stoked for this having read the summary. I try and check out every detective series that comes out anyway, but knowing this has an adaption Akechi and Twenty Faces in it makes it particularly appealing. It having supernatural elements takes some of that away. We'll see how it turns out.

Kuze likes this.
  3. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Bruvas and gals, for those who are watching this one. Do keep me updated. The trailers look mighty appealing but I'm not sold on the story. Chances are this one might be good.

I intend to pick it up once a couple of episodes are out.

4. JoJo

JoJo Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

Episode 1 was decent enough, can't really tell what it's about yet though...

The sounds throughout remind me of the ps2 Final Fantasy games somehow, and it's kinda odd hearing it in this kinda setting...I mean it's supposed to be kinda a dark theme thing this one right?

Animation wise it's not breathtaking, but pretty good. Don't get a lot out of the plot, from this first episode...Ima stick around for this one, just to see how this turns out.

5. Kuze

Kuze Heaven's not enough
    Contributor

Guess, nobody's following this then. The artwork looked eye-catching, no doubt.