Politics Trump Strikes Again.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Shannon Apple, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple
    Staff Member Administrator

So, Trump is scared that there's going to be some backlash from the British people if he sets foot in the UK after he showed support for extremist group Britian First. He makes up a BullShit story about Obama who wasn't even President until 2009. I absolutely photoshopped the two tweets below into one image because it owns. Totally caught out on his lies.

He could at least have fact checked whatever excuse he was gonna make.

Trump_Bullshit.jpg

2. sanzfei

sanzfei Night Shift
    Platinum Founder

He also just called countries with primarily black and brown populations "shithole countries" and asked why he can't just deport all of the people from said countries. Unfortunately the people who were suckered into voting for such an obvious bigot either have too much pride or not enough sense to admit they elected a racist, or they're just as racist as he is.

Red_Dragon likes this.
  3. tripplej

tripplej Active Member

I have a strong feeling he will win re-election. He is doing exactly what his base wants him to do.. Unless the economy tanks and there is a real viable Democrat candidate that has guts and power, he will be re-elected.

Oh Snape likes this.
  4. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

That's actually a sad fact. The fact that he was elected proves pretty much that there are a lot of closet racists in America who hide their true colours in public, or people that don't actually think that they are racist, but also believe that he is right in everything he says.

Someone was talking about this the other day in regards to Irish politics. People are saying that the abortion referendum is going to be another Trump, Brexit, or even Gay Marriage-like vote, but not for the reasons you might immediately think.

To explain.

Trump appealed to a certain type of people. In Europe, we think he's weird, but I have met lots of Americans in real life, and SOME (not all, to be clear) of them actually do talk exactly like him and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Guys who were old enough to be my dad, saying stuff openly that you would NEVER hear my Dad, or any other man of that age say in public. Calling each other "pussy" among other things and talking about "pussy." Actually, you'd never hear my dad use some of those vulgar expressions at all, and he does curse a lot. lol. It was the type of stuff that if you heard a young lad say, you'd pass no remarks, but when an older guy who is supposed to have more common sense says it, you're like "okay then." So, what I'm saying is that he appealed to a certain class of people. They were like "he talks just like us, he understands us." He might talk like a white trash American, but that doesn't mean he understands how they live. That doesn't matter though. They think he is one of them, and that's all that matters. Some might be racists, others might be racist without realising that they are, or some simply believe that he is going to magically improve their lives because he's different.

Brexit was the same. The pro-Brexit camp appealed to people because they wanted more jobs. They thought, "if we move out of the EU, there will be no more foreigners and refugees taking up our jobs." That's not necessarily racist thinking there, it's thinking of a people who are fed up after losing their jobs and the economy hasn't picked up. They didn't want more people coming in. If you put yourself in the position of a factory worker that has been out of work since the company they worked for disappeared, you can somewhat understand why this would appeal to the working class more than anyone else. Whole families would have went out and voted in the hope that this move would do something to improve their lives, or the lives of their friends. Afterall, if you're on social welfare and you don't want to be, your life can't go that much further down the rabit hole. (Of course, you do have the racist ones like Britian First coming out and taking avantage of this move.)

The Gay Marraige referendum took a massive left turn and it was for the same reason believe it or not. People were worried that Catholic Ireland would reject it, but they didn't. It was an issue close to everyone's hearts. Most people in Ireland know someone who is gay. In order to be passed, that needed quite a large Yes vote from the 80% of the population that still identify as Catholic. They got that. People's sons, daughters, grandchildren, best friends and so on – how could you vote for something that would ruin their happiness when it doesn't affect you in any way. It was a change to civil marriage laws, not affecting anyone's religion. Again, this is one that went right into the homes of the people, and they voted for what they thought was right. Quite the opposite to the above two, you had crazy alt-left people being really vicious toward Catholics via social media in all of this. I wish those people would fuck off along with the alt-right, honestly. Ultimately, the yes vote was the right thing to do, and the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

Enter abortion. I think this is going to swing massively right wing, just like Trump and Brexit. It goes right into people's homes again, only this time, you have children with disabilities, people who lost babies, and so on. Even the prime minister thinks that the current proposal is a step too far, and it's going to result in a swing to the right. It's something that is close to the hearts of many people. I am sure that in every house there are people with very opposite views. People tend to vote on things that have affected them in some way.

Each time, it's something that goes into people's homes in some way. I could be wrong about the last one, but we'll see.

5. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Yeah, what a lying piece of precious snowflake. New embassy was signed off on Bush's watch. Part of me wants him to get a special state invite so he can hear what people think of him up close but it'll just waste tax pounds.

And agree with Trip, its all about those swing states and right now they're not swinging anywhere near left.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  6. The_Archangel

The_Archangel -Clickz-

The Mueller investigation is not completed yet friends. Let's not forget that.

As for what Trump said...i'm not surprised anymore. I'd be surprised when he does something constructive.

Shannon Apple likes this.
  7. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Well-Known Member
    Platinum Founder

Trump is why Abortion should be allowed.

Shannon Apple and Novaire like this.
  8. Captain Picard

Captain Picard Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
    Platinum Founder

I highly disagree with this statement. Did some racists vote for Trump, I'm sure they did. But to suggest "a lot of closet racists" exist because he was elected is quite a far leap.

Factors concerning his election were:
    - Hillary Clinton being the Democrat Candidate
    - Immense social fatigue to ever-progressing political correctness and euphemistic sophistry (unbridled progressivsim)
    - Natural political tendency to gyrate Left > Right > Left > Right every 8-10 years for the Executive Branch
    - Trump seeming to be a "call it like it is" persona vs previous political tiptoeing

In my experience, when considering the Right vs Left (political) characterization: The Right justifies their prejudice; The Left denies their prejudice entirely.

9. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

I actually found out quite a lot about some of my facebook contacts following the whole campaign. Yes, they were closet racists, and closet sexist pigs. Trump gave them all a voice and they weren't afraid to speak it. I've actually removed at least 5 American people from my FB because of that. That's actually a lot. Some were online friends, but some of which I added to my FB in the first place because we met them while on our travels here and there. I cannot be friends with people who hold those kind of extreme opinions. I don't agree with being PC about every little thing. I think we should be able to have open debate about things. However, there are some opinions that hold no place in a global society.

It doesn't matter what the ordinary good American republican stands for. These ones believe that he stands up for them, which is my point. There are more of them that one would like to believe and I'm willing to believe lots of them keep their trap shut for fear of backlash. That said, and I mentioned before, I actually made some friends who were avid Trump fans because they were able to have fun debates on it without being dicks. Most of them were of the opinion that "he's a real person" though, and that's why they voted for him. The point of the rest of my above post is that all of those had an outcome based on the same thing.

Red_Dragon likes this.
  10. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

:cool::cool::cool: Casually suggesting that someone should have died in an abortion because they disagree with you politically :cool::cool::cool:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone please ban me from this forum.. I'm begging you....

11. Red_Dragon

Platinum Founder

It's tongue in cheek humor.

It's also a jab at the anti-abortion GOP.

Novaire likes this.
  12. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

Your sense of humor is... lack-thereof.

Also, if we're keeping score...
    [​IMG]
    I got a twofer!

#12 Novaire, Jan 14, 2018 at 2:05 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 2:48 PM
    Shannon Apple and Red_Dragon like this.
  13. Shannon Apple

Shannon Apple Sour Apple

He was joking, and that was pretty obvious. Trump says enough mean things about others to make up for any quip someone makes at his expense. Besides, the rules are in the context of this forum. It would be very different if he had said that a member of this forum should have been aborted.

14. 4xdblack

4xdblack Accomplished Booty-Cop
    Silver Founder Plus

It's easy to say that it's a joke after I called you out on it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Novaire

Novaire Wrestling Enthusiast, Serial Editor
    Editor Contributor Gold Founder

You're just as guilty of the same thing, as I noted above, but by all means continue digging the hole, eventually you'll reach China, or one of those shithole countries our esteemed leader was speaking about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#15 Novaire, Jan 14, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 4:48 PM
    Red_Dragon and Dunn x Dolo like this.
  16. The_Archangel

The_Archangel -Clickz-

So the problem here is that Trump's hostility towards Sadiq Khan and not to mention awkward relationship with Theresa May is paired with Trump's warm relationship with the racist Britain First.

Like he's fucked up quite a bit within one year with our closest ally and I don't remember when relations between our two countries were this low. Sadiq Khan doesn't even want Trump to set foot in London.

With MLK day approaching and the deadline for the DACA deal looming, he's talking about not wanting immigrants from shithole non-white nations.

So yeah DACA is probably dead, because we're forced to question whether POTUS is a racist in 2018, The United Kingdom hates him, and it was all of his proud doing. (And of course, the list goes on)

He did all of that damage with tweets and a big mouth.

I'm not sure he realizes that his current job is not the Trump Organization or Celebrity Apprentice..where his actions apparently have no negative repercussions for himself. He's so used to being the boss that laws, relations..people...are apparently exetremly minor things to him. At least compared to what he wants for himself.

Kim Jong Un wants his nukes and Trump wants the support of his racist fanbase, both in order to maintain power.

His core base must be that valuable for him to gain the hatred of the entire world for it.

#16 The_Archangel, Jan 14, 2018 at 10:38 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:47 PM
  17. Red_Dragon

Platinum Founder

[​IMG]

@The_Archangel

I just read an article this morning saying that apparently the US is going to be allowing renewals of DACA wonder what made them change their mind?

Praying the Dems don't cave on the Wall.

18. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

Precious snowflake's whining and then being called out as hypocrites? Colour me surprised.

Wish Khan would ignore this charlatan but you have to address some of his shit, especially when its stirring up divisions in this country. Its something you would expect Russia to do, not your closest ally.

19. Narilka

Narilka Destroyer of Worlds
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Let's move on and get back on topic. No need to keep going back and forth.