Trying to figure out the Tenchi Muyo franchise.

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Finfan, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Finfan

Finfan Newbie

Hello all! Apparently the Tenchi Muyo series has at least 4 separate story continuities. I am currently trying to sort out the original OVA line. What I have right now is as follows:

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 1-3. This amounts to 20 episodes that end with Tenchi's father marrying Rea.

Tenchi Muyo GXP. This series introduces Seina as somebody from the Masaki village that ends up geting recruited by the Galaxy Police.

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4 & 5. These are much newer and are acting as a prequel to the next series "War on Geminar". They fill in a lot of missing details for that series. Season 4 is completed and expands on the wedding of Rea and Tenchi's father. Season 5 is currently in production but looks like it will fill in how Kenchi was trained and what led to him being sent to Geminar.

Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar. The adventures of Tenchi's half brother Kenchi when he is sent to the alternate world Geminar.

In the first episode of season 5 there are references to Kiriko having had an adventure in a Sword and Sorcery type world and a character named Jobia who seems to be from that world. Anybody know what that is from?

So that is what I have so far. Does anybody see any mistakes or have any additions?

2. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

You could try finding a tenchi wiki to find the info you need. I haven't watched or seen this show since it aired on toonami back in the 00's in toonami's heyday!

3. Finfan

Finfan Newbie

I've tried that but I still couldn't sort out much. Of the wiki's I looked at they discuss the various shows but don't really organize them by continuity. I'm particularly curious about where this sword and sorcery world that Koriko visited comes in. That appears to be where the character Jovia comes from. I tried searching for the name and it shows that she is in GXP and season 5 of the OVA but I don't remember her from GXP. I guess I must rewatch.