OOC Verda Galaxy [Roleplay Setup]

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Realm' started by Ravok, May 25, 2016.

1. Ravok

Ravok ~Hoping he will get a reply soon

Hi everyone, Im going to try to set up a Sci-Fi roleplay.

But for that im going to need your help. I have a couple of races for my own and a set up.
    I need people who want to join submit their races.

For this you can make either:
    3 Advanced races
    6 Recent space travel races

Fill in this question list if you want to submit a race:
    http://www.critiquecircle.com/tools.asp?page=workshop&action=viewtemplate&id=39

Now besides this you need to anwser one more question:
    What is your race to the galaxy and what does it bring to it

2. Randoms

Randoms Ridiculously Awesome Randomness
    Silver Founder Plus

Sounds similar to a Rp I was in before back at A4. Internal conflict kind of killed it, but I think the alien species I made for it would be pertinent here. The race would most likely fit in the advanced category. For the questions, should we copy/paste it here?

3. Ravok

That would be prefered yeah, then everyone can read about them. And i can put them in the post

4. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

Here is my species. (I might be making this in sections).

Home World Characteristics:
    Climate: Cold and very windy
    Environment: Mostly gas
    Air Breathable by Humans: No
    Location of Planet: TBD
    Name of Home World: Allyion
    Age of Planet: 5.2 billion years
    Major Cities: Cen, Gatevale
    City Importance: Cen - Holds the main government buildings / is the capital. Gatevale - The closest location to the Open Wall, and is the location the coming of age ceremony takes place.
    Other facts: The planet is a gas giant of a similar size and color to Neptune. There is a red band shaped storm that runs across the planet passing near both poles. It's known as the Open Wall. The planets cities float in the gas giant's upper atmosphere. The planet has 14 moons all of which are inhabited. Three of them are volcanic (NAMES: Vollion, F'gar, Deleyor)
    Five of them are frozen over (NAMES: Scorn, F'gorr, Assiisis, Dia, Cryon)
    And the last six are earth like (NAMES: Airti, F'gour, Deleyor Aye, Alily, Xerix, Yoma)
    Species Characteristics:
    Name of Species: Axalon
    Sentience: Yes
    Body Structure: Humanoid
    Height: 7 - 8 Feet
    Hair Color: Hairless
    Description: Thin even when "bulky". White/grey skin color. Their arms and legs are longer than a humans compared to their torso. They have four fingers including one opposable. They have three toes. Their faces are mostly humanoid except slightly thinner. They have long thin noses (long from top to bottom). Their eyes are completely blue except for a white ring similar to an iris. Ears are small and semi circular.
    Average Lifespan: 150 years
    Eating Category: Omnivore
    Natural Weapons: Depends on locations. Anything made from their surroundings.
    Curiosities: Strong bone structure. Skin is capable of containing and storing heat when exposed to extreme cold.
    Reproduction Process: TBD
    Reproduction Frequency: TBD
    Number of Offspring: 1
    Fears: The bad end of the randomness of life. Some of those in charge are afraid of those who might be technologically stronger to the point Axalon technology would be useless against them.
    Society:
    Population: 14.3 billion
    Space Travel Capable: Yes
    Planets Colonized: None
    Governmental Structure: Parliamentary Republic
    Government Description: There are 17 officials that govern the whole of the planet and the 14 moons. Three of them represent Allyion and one for each moon. Each official has his own cabinet. Each moon is designated districts in which the official of that moon can elect governors to maintain and organize the legislation. The Representative of each moon can bypass any decision a governor makes, but only for his moon. The Parliament of 17 can overrule any one representatives course of action. It takes all 14 moon representatives to overrule the three of Allyion.
    Religion: Yes
    Religion Description: Some believe in the Magnum Opus. The belief that the Axalon and the makers of the universe should have equal appreciation of all creation. There are stories of gods giving to the Axalon, and that of the Axalon proving their determination and devotion to the gods.
    Holidays/Festivals: Each moon and the main planet has their own traditions and holidays. Celebrations are full of food, song, and fun. Some moons have days of silence.
    Justice System: Yes
    Justice Description: Judges are elected by governors. Judges review the crime and will read submitted statements from accused, the accuser if any and the witnesses if any. From there he will make a decision. There is rarely any interaction between a judge and the people involved. Decisions are carried out immediately. There is a death penalty.
    Relation to Other Advanced: There are a few other species living on the moons. While not as technologically advanced they live together with the Axalon in harmony.
    Economy: Capitalism, however there are few items in which the government maintains constantly regardless of inflation/deflation.
    Highly Valuable: Various crystals that can bend light and amplify it. Various precious metals for both jewelry and technology.
    Competing Factions: Not publicly. The moons can compete with each other over various differences and disputes.
    Daily Activity: Depending on the moon, work can range across the spectrum. The higher prestige jobs are only granted to those who complete the coming of age ceremony. Those who fail are not considered weaker, but won't be eligible. They can work for the prestige if they wish, but several occupations will be out of reach regardless. Entertainment includes story telling, theater, and gliding across the winds of the gas giant. Other hobbies will be moon exclusive such as find volcanic activity or ice sculpting. There is an Internet in which communication and research can take place. As well as mind games.
    Goals of the Species:
    Short Term Goals: Maintain the status quo within the community. Normal everyday endeavors.
    Long Term Goals: Advancing the technological capabilities and limits of their energetic conversions. Develop a technology for the capability to circumvent various universal laws of physics.
    Method: Lots of research, expiramentation, and in some of the shadier organizations, deceit.
    Influence: Will be used to present a defense and a superiority.
    Problem and Conflict:
    Handles Pressure: Different between different individuals. Overall the Axalon are more capable to manage time and maintaining a calm demeanor in varying threatening situations.
    Handles Problems: Different between different individuals. Overall the Axalon are resourceful.
    Biggest Problem: Storms on the main planet. Some storms can cause the smaller cities to expirience earthquake like damage. In very rare situations, some fall to the core. Various crimes. Smuggling between moons.
    Handles Change: Very well, but only when they're aware of it. Otherwise, they will infer change as a threat.

As for your last question, I don't know what the Rp is about. So for what they would bring to the galaxy has yet to be seen. Otherwise, interplanetary trade and or interplanetary alliances is not out of the question.

#4 Randoms, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  5. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yajuu_Kikuishi Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, I'm not a sci-fi man, fantasy is my personal favourite. That being said, I quite enjoyed a Sci-fi RP I did recently (well, fairly recently) and I think giving this genre another crack is likely worth it.

The race I have in mind would be an advanced race; I'll fill in the question list and put it up post haste.

6. Ravok

Randoms so far your race looks awesome :D

7. Yajuu_Kikuishi

First two sections (I will add the others as I complete them) -

Homeworld Characteristics
    Climate?
    Hot, dry, with little rainfall.
    Environment?
    Mostly hard packed dirt with small bodies of water dotted around.
    Air breathable by humans?
    Partially; a human would only be able to breath for approximately 10 minutes before suffocating.
    Location of Planet?
    Markarian Galaxy.
    Name of Homeworld?
    Rhyssia (Ree-See-Ah)
    Approximate age of Homeworld?
    6 Billion Earth Years
    Major Cities?
    There are 3 Main Cities: Kirritic, Ticcira, & Vikaria
    Why are these cities important?
    Kirritic is the central hub of the planet and houses the majority of the planets population, thus it is incredibly large. Ticcira is a city section near to Kirritic and houses the Palace and Governmental buildings as well as residential areas for Government members. Vikaria is the base for the Vanes, a specially trained military organisation charged with protecting the crown and planet.
    Other important facts?
    The Vanes are viewed as practically royalty and only a member of the Royal Family can issue them an order. The Great Vane is the top ranking individual and runs the organisation.

Species Characteristics
    Name of Species?
    Rhyssian (Ree-See-Un)
    Is this species sentient?
    Yes, it is.
    Body structure?
    Humanoid but with six upper limbs.
    Average Height?
    11 feet
    General appearance?
    Insectoid with hard outer, exoskeletal shells. Elongated heads with four eyes that run from the front of the face along the sides of the head. Main arms are attached at shoulder, two below them, and two more below them; the four lower arms can wrap around the belly to hide from sight. Their waists are spheroid and allow 360o lateral movement, and 180o vertical movement. The joints at elbows and knees are similar but with a more limited range.
    Average lifespan?
    180 Earth Years (90 Rhyssia Years)
    Herbivore, Carnivore, Omnivore?
    Carnivore.
    Natural Weapons?
    Their hard shells give great protection and increase blunt, impact force.
    Special powers or evolutionary curiosities?
    Highly maneuverable limbs.
    How does this species reproduce?
    Similar to Humans except that the fertilization agent from the male is injected via a spine covered tail that can extend from their rears.
    How often do they reproduce?
    At a cyclic rate, 4 times a Rhyssia year.
    How many offspring are typically produced?
    Typically, three offspring are produced per birth.
    What are they afraid of?
    According to them, very little. However, small creatures that can slip into their joints and thus under their shells give them the heebie-jeebies.

Society
    Estimated Population?
    391.5 Million
    Capable of space travel?
    Yes; although currently it is forbidden except by the Vanes.
    Number of planets colonized?
    Previously 4, now only their Home Planet
    Governmental structure?
    Monarchy and Democracy
    Describe how their government works.
    Day to day running is governed by the Council, a group of 11 individuals voted into power by the people. This Council is watched over and monitored by a position called the Arch-Minister who is appointed by the Royals. Royalty has precedence to overrule anything the Council decides. The Vanes are allowed to intervene where anything overlaps with policing the populace. Every month, a meeting is held between the Arch-Minister, the Great Vane, and the Royal Chain (the Royalties representative).
    Religion?
    There is no Religion as the Royal Family believes that only they should be revered.
    Festivals or Holidays?
    Coronation Day requires a full day of celebration dedicated to the current King/Queen.
    Justice System?
    The Vanes deal with all things regarding policing and justice. They are Judge, Jury, and Executioners where necessary.
    How does this species relate to other advanced civilizations?
    Previously, the Rhyssians welcomed all and any races and were looked at in a positive light from most others. The Vanes were well known as peace keepers in many places. Since the Culling, however, other races were forbidden from Rhyssia and the Rhyssians retreated in on themselves. A space station of average size is in orbit to allow small amounts of trading with races cleared for access by the Vanes.
    How does their economy work?
    On the planet, only Royal Coinage is considered valid currency and all prices are set by the Council.
    What items does this race consider valuable?
    Apart from Royal Coinage, the only other base item with value is Metatrite, the planet’s minable mineral.
    Does this society have competing/warring factions?
    None of consequence; any who try to rise up or take power are quickly put down by the Vanes, who are loyal to the Crown.
    How do most individuals spend their days?
    Being very boring. When not working, Rhyssians will usually choose to remain in their homes, conversing with family, engaging in board games, reading, or other similar, non-active activities.

Goals of the Species
    Short term goals?
    Survive and grow.
    Long term goals?
    Restoring the populace to peak capacity once more and becoming a universal powerhouse.
    How is the species going to achieve them?
    Waiting, rewarding births, and keeping out of the way of other races.
    How will it influence other races?
    Until they reach out once more, there will be very little influence.

Problems / Conflict
    How does this species behave under pressure?
    Ignoring various differences in individuals, average Rhyssians are strong willed and stubborn but increased pressure tends to work. The Vanes, trained from a young age, are a different matter and under pressure will act quickly, decisively, and within their commands.
    How does the species handle problems?
    Being as stubborn as they are, they will keep at a problem until it is solved or disappears.
    Biggest problem this alien race encounters?
    Dwindling population. Due to the Culling, death/life ratios are barely stable.
    How does this race handle change?
    Change is not a well-looked upon aspect unless decreed by the Royal Family.

#7 Yajuu_Kikuishi, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  8. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

I finished my post whenever you want to check it out. Some of the answers may be vague, but I hope it's not an issue.

9. Ravok

I like your race, ill copy and paste it into the thread. The rp itself is about young military trainees fighting in a war against invading forces of another galaxy,i want to know as much detail about your worlds and race as possible so that i can use this as a possible weakness and give this really cool exploration type of feel to the planets still

10. Randoms

Silver Founder Plus

You mentioned you made some of your own species. Think we could see a couple or all of them?

11. Ravok

Well some are opponents or well rather unknown to the rest of the galaxy.
    Ill put the others up tomorrow? Because right now its 1:30 AM and im tired :p

12. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Hey all! I've updated the rest of my Species' bits and bobs for your perusal. Enjoy.

I would also be interested in any of your own races you want to show us, Ravok.

13. Ravok

Yeah sure, i am kinda busy right now but i will put them up very soon :p hopefully this week

14. Ravok

[​IMG] Homeworld Characteristics [​IMG]
    Climate (Cold, hot, tropical?) Cold
    Environment (Forest, Ocean, Desert) Artic
    Air breathable by Humans? Yes
    Location of planet: Acea system
    Name of Homeworld: Acea
    Approx. age of homeworld: 3 Bilion years
    Major Cities: Dont have any
    Other important facts These people are nomads, travelers and never stay in one spot, this is why they just barely were able to become space travelers
    [​IMG] Species Characteristics [​IMG]
    Name of Species? Acona
    Is this species sentient? Yes
    Body structure (Humanoid, Reptillian, etc) Humanoid Mamalian
    Height 1.5 meters average
    Hair Color: white
    Describe appearance: They are generally small versions of yetis with 4 arms instead of 2
    Average Lifespan: 40 years
    Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore? Omnivore
    Describe any natural weapons they have: Their claws
    Any other special powers or evolutionary curiosities? These creatures have great telephatic powers
    How does this species reproduce? Eggs
    How often do they reproduce? 3 times a year
    How many offspring are typically produced? 1
    What are they afraid of? Hot places
    [​IMG] Society [​IMG]
    Population: 1 bilion
    Capable of space travel? barely
    Number of planets colonized: 1
    Governmental Structure (Democracy, Dictatorship, etc) nomadship Each tribe has their own rules, but everything is hsared between tribes
    Describe how their gov't works. ^^
    Religion? No

Describe any festivals or holidays 3 Arrival celebration days and one
    Do they have a justice system? Yes, anyone commiting a crime is abbandond by its tribe
    How does this species relate to other advanced civilizations? They are neutral in mos tthings, hoping they can just pass by and explore
    How does their economy work? They pay with raw materials instead of pressed coin
    What items does this race consider highly valuable? Raw minerals
    Does this society have competing/warring factions? Describe them and their motives. Each tribe always competes with another
    How do most individuals spend their days? Gathering, Farming or sometimes studying science
    [​IMG] Goals of the species [​IMG]
    Short term goals: Find another planet to nomadalize
    Long term goals : Be seen as an actual normal member of galaxy space
    How is the species going to achieve them: By using their charismatic side
    How will it influence other races? Not at all
    [​IMG] Problems/Conflict [​IMG]
    How does the species behave under pressure: Good, they are quick thinkers thanks to their short lifespan
    How does the species handle problems: Slowly but easily
    Biggest problem this alien race encounters: Age, leaders die quickly
    How does this race handle change: Bad they need a routine otherwise they might break under pressure

15. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Ooo, alien yetis. Awesome.

16. Ravok

I have like 2 more just space flight species and one advanced one

17. Yajuu_Kikuishi

So...you still planning on giving this one a go?

18. Ravok

oh crap i totally forgot about this XD (Kind of a busy month) though preferable i would like to have at least 1 or 2 more players to start XD

19. Yajuu_Kikuishi

Yar, fair shout. Just thought I'd check to see if you were still around.