Wandavision

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by yoda313, Feb 20, 2021.

1. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I almost gave up on the first episode. I felt it was too tongue in cheek and almost lampooning and insulting sitcom history. I decided to give it a second chance and was mostly rewarded.

I still think its a bit off for me. I cant quite put my finger on it. Maybe its because its a tv show not a movie. The marvel movies are so fine tuned and mostly tight story telling. Maybe part of it is the more irreverent tone that is throwing me off. I know I love the comedy in the marvel movies too. Its just not everything works all the time for every person.

But the biggest surprise to me in last nights episode (no spoiler I promise) was they actually used this term:

MAGICAL GIRL!!!

I actually couldn't believe what I heard :D that was a reward in and of itself.

I'll definitely be finishing this. Seeing darcy was a fun throwback too. Ive only seeing antman two or three times so I didn't realize who the fbi guy was until I read some stories on it.

So if this turned out this well im excited for captain America and winter soldier. It was fun they turned Sam and bucky into a buddy cop style duo after their rocky start.

2. tripplej

tripplej Established Member

yeah, this show has been interesting.. Lot of folks hated it due to the abnormal story line. Not your typical story that is for sure.

Worth watching for sure.

3. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

I think they took too much time for the outside story to develop. It helped it was short so thats why I stuck with it.

4. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I only seen the first two episodes, and its absolutely the weirdest super hero related anything I have ever seen. It's like I love Lucy combined with Pleasant Ville.

5. yoda313

yoda313 JEDI MASTER
    Platinum Founder

You'll need to keep watching if you made it that far.

What I'll give this kudos for is making you crazy trying to figure out what the hell is going on. And looking back I dont think they over did the period asthetics. Initially its kind of eye rolling cringiness but I can appreciate it more now.

Shadow Fox likes this.