Warhammer 40,000

Discussion in 'Table Top & CCG's' started by JennyorAlice, Dec 19, 2017.

1. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice New Member

Does anyone play any of the tabletop games from the Warhammer 40,000 series? How often do you play? Which piece is your favorite? Who do you normally play with?

2. Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox Enemy of the State
    Gold Founder

I have warhammer 40k for orks, but I haven't played it since 5th edition.

3. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

Don't play the game, personally, as I don't know anyone here who does, and I'm not interested in playing with randoms at a local shop. Don't really have the time to invest in the painting, either.

I'm heavily invested in the fluff, though. Been reading the books for years.

4. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

They should do more Graphic Novels. Cannot be arsed reading the 2 billion books in the Horus Trilogy. I liked the Eisenhorn omnibus tho.

5. Struggler

Struggler Sentient Meat
    Platinum Founder

The only one I know about is the Will of Iron comic series. It's about an ignorant Inquisitor attempting to reveal the Dark Angels (best chapter btw) as traitors. She is... unsuccessful.

Oh Snape likes this.
  6. Oh Snape

Oh Snape House Bantsratheon
    Staff Advisory

7. phatcows

phatcows Newbie

2000 point Tyranid army plus a 3000 point Tyranid/Chaos (Nurgle Daemons) army. Haven't played since 2nd Edition. :p

8. Harlequinn

Harlequinn Edgy Teenager
    Moderator Silver Founder Plus

5th edition was when I played too. All I remember is GW spamming Space Marine circlejerk codices while races like Tau were left literally unplayable. Good times.

I went down to the local store and played with other geeky kids (I was like 12).

I started collecting with tyranids, but when I actually started playing I rolled Chaos Daemons (all Nurgle ftw). They were broken as all hell. I also played Nurgle Chaos Marines and had a small traitor guard regiment, but I stopped playing when they jacked the prices way up, screwed local businesses, and put a bigger focus on large armies. My frail tweenage wallet couldn't handle it.