Forum Welcome to the Sakuga City Beta!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KT Samurai, May 23, 2016.

1. KT Samurai

KT Samurai The Peacemaker
    Staff Member Administrator "Owner"

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

It's been a long time coming, months in fact, but finally the official Sakuga City forum is here! We hope you like how the place has turned out thus far, and we're pretty proud of what we've accomplished.

As you already know, the forum is in its beta stage at the moment due to our inexperience with the software, the need to customize the board appropriately, and to squash any significant bugs. We expect the beta to last only a few weeks as we get everything squared away, but it could take longer depending on the challenges that present themselves and our ability to overcome them. I, for example, have never owned a website before and will need to learn as I go. We're doing our best to adapt, so we must politely ask for your patience as we get to know the terrain, so to speak.

There's also the matter of Founder perks that need to be doled out. XenForo does not allow us to do things like assign certain avatar sizes to certain usergroups, so I have to pay a developer to make an add-on that will do that for us. I suspected this might be the case before starting the Indiegogo campaign and included the potential cost in our initial goal of $500.00, so it wasn't a complete surprise. I've already been in touch with a few developers who frequent the official XenForo community and I should be able to give an update on that in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted on the expected time needed to develop it and what it will cost us.

Speaking of which, and this should go without saying, but all funding from the campaign will only be used for the forum, whether it's paying for server costs, additional coding development, artwork, or other features. Each time I make a purchase I will report it here, and each month I will write up a report of what we bought, what it cost, and how much money remains. Expect the first report here in the Announcement sections at the end of May, which will include the full cost of starting up as well as additional expenses.

That's is for now! Thank you so much again for all your support, this forum exists now because of your incredible support. We will work hard to make this community something you can be proud of, and we hope you'll stay with us for the long haul.

Happy posting!

OctalKey, Novaire, Randoms and 6 others like this.