What anime are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by cberg, May 23, 2016.

1. cberg

cberg Active Member
    Silver Founder Plus

The title says it all.

As for me I'm still watching Dimension W and Assassination Classroom. Just finished Ajin, which I really enjoyed despite it being pretty depressing. My husband wanted to start up Sky Wizards Academy, so we did. I think its pretty cliche and terrible. To the point that playing mindless games on my phone is more interesting.

#1 cberg, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. DnJ

DnJ Angel
    Gold Founder

I'm currently on break from anime to catch up with American TV shows (House of Cards ftw) but I still got a couple episodes to watch of AJIN and I'm halfway through Pandora Hearts.

3. Zoltor

Zoltor Well-Known Member
    Gold Founder

I'm kind of in the middle of rewatching The Legend of Qin/Qin's Moon, but other then that, nothing, since I just finished rewatching a couple of anime.

4. Narippo

Narippo Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

Anime - Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
    Other programmes, iZombie and Archer. :)

Will be looking to start another anime soon. been through about a year spell of not really watching much and struggling to stay interested, but watched a couple recently. Feel like I am getting back into it again :D

5. Calbob

Calbob Misato's Drinking Buddy
    Staff Member Moderator Platinum Founder

Currently doing a ghost story / romance called Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia

[​IMG]

6. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Right now I'm catching up to current anime since I was pretty busy with preparations for upcoming art exam and got hooked on iZombie.

Narippo likes this.
  7. Narippo

Narippo Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

iZombie! Hehehehhehehe, I almost feel bad for getting you hooked during exams xD

8. J4sm1n4

J4sm1n4 The Queen of Hell and Heaven
    Contributor

Meh. It's not like I am preparing for anything else apart art exam.

9. Kakuri

Kakuri The Disappointment
    Gold Founder

I'm not actually watching much anime right now, but I have been checking out Mayoiga, Sakamoto Desu Ga, Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge and Kiznaiver.

10. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Trying to keep up with the current season

Shows I'm watching right now
    Re-Zero: started off strong but kind of lost it's lustre by episode five. Still not bad though and certainly worth a watch.
    Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: My favourite this season. Well written, well animated and with a kickass ost. Plus it's steampunk and I freaking love steampunk
    Kiznaiver: Best show this season so far. Big ideas, cool designs and some very well written characters with a plot full of emotional highs and fantastic plot twists. A must watch I would say if you don't mind your anime a bit more artsy. Also best opening Ive seen in a long time.
    Mayoiga! (The Lost Village) Started off promising but went downhill horribly and now it's just a painfully cringeworthy freakshow. Might not even finish this one. Not recommended at all.
    Bakuon!: Much better than expected. Not just a cute moe slice of life show but one that actually brings a lot of heart to the writing and isn;t always lght and fluffy. Definitely worth a watch if you're into moe slice of life
    Flying Witch: Not just lot of fun to watch but also very good quality wise. Develops all of it's charactes really well and the comedy is genuinely funny. One of the best shows this season, must watch unless you have a burning hatred of anything slice of life.
    Bungou Stray Dogs: Visually fantastic and at times very hard hitting and well written. But the plot never catches steam and the comedy falls flat a lot of the time. Worth a watch only if you're a Bones fan or if you like detective stories.
    Joker Game: Very good old school spy series. Don't expect any action or an ongoing storyline. This is an anthology series so each episode is a self contained story. But each story is very well written and at times quite thought provoking. Not a show for everyone but if you like more mature anime and especialy old school spy stuff then this is a must watch.

Dropped:
    Cerberus: Written by a teenager with no writing sklls, animated by deviantart and with music that's completely forgettable. The fact the big breasted catgirl was the most well developed character says enough. Not recommended obviously.
    Twin Star Excorcists: Starts off promising and has a very cool visual style. But the story never picks up. If two op characters fighitng a new demon every episode and nothing else is fine by you, this is worth checking out I guess. Otherwise give it a pass.

Also watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders. A really dumb battle shonen that realizes how dumb and stupid it is and subsequently pokes fun at itself constantly. Definitely not for everyone but I'm having a blast with it.

Kakuri and J4sm1n4 like this.
  11. Mr_Anime

Mr_Anime your worst nightmare.
    Founder

currently watching, nothing atm in a few day that might change though.

12. Akio

Akio Senior Member
    Platinum Founder

I am still like, 6 episodes in to Dimension W. I love it but am not watching it for some reason. Watching Dragon Ball Super even though it is cripplingly boring and has possible the worst combat I have ever seen in an Anime (seriously do they not even have a budget?). I know lots of people said Dragon Ball Z was slow, sure it had a lot of talking but watch a couple of fights from Z along side Super. It is a shadow of what it can be, and the only reason I am still watching it is for hope of another SSGSSJ Kaioken.

Mayoiga, pretty weird.
    Joker Game, started good but now also weird.
    Twin Star Exorcists, probably wont watch any more.
    Asterisk 2 is dissappointing.
    Like 15 other things that are currently airing....

13. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

Right now, I've got a few. In my personal opinion this has been the best season in a while.

My Hero Academia -- Freaking fantastic, I think this show speaks to me on a spiritual level.
    Mayoiga -- I'm thinking about dropping it, I'm on episode 3 and can't really get into it. I'll probably give it another few epsidoes though
    Joker Game -- Really like this one too, I've never seen a spy thriller anime before
    Bunguo Stray Dogs -- This one is fun, I thought it would be stupid after the first episode but by the third I was pretty sold.
    Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress -- Attack on Titan but instead of giant naked people it's rock zombies
    Kiznaiver -- I've only seen the first episode because I've been busy with work, but it seemed pretty cool.

J4sm1n4 likes this.
  14. Gamma

Gamma Always be a Dragon.
    Staff Advisory

Rewatching a lot of things...Claymore (trying to make myself like it since I loved the manga), Soul Eater...

I'm hoping some things get subtitled soon.

15. Shikinami_

Shikinami_ Lean, Green, Meme Machine
    Gold Founder

Watching Kuroko no Basuke, and like...I can' stop. It's so over the top that it's great. I've seen gifs of stuff like the lightning eye trails and Super Dunks and stuff, thinking it was stupid. I have actually not been more entertained.

J4sm1n4 likes this.
  16. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

Care to expand? In my opinion episodes seven and eight have been incredibly strong. Actually episode seven is what made Re:Zero my favourite anime out of the entire season. The psychological aspects are really well written and it's held my attention from the first episode.

I'm also watching Kiznaiver and Kabaneri. They're both pretty enjoyable, but Re:Zero has left the strongest impression on me.

17. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub Well-Known Member
    Contributor Gold Founder

Kabaneri is what's filling my AoT void at the moment.

18. Kerberos

Kerberos genki moe blob
    Staff Member Moderator

Without getting into spoiler territory the main problem i have is that I don't find the new characters all that interesting or likeable. Arc 1 had all these really cool characters and a great villain. Arc 2 doesn;t really have any character I enjoy watching ebsides our main character.

Also I really dislike the fact that they took the action out of it. I'm fine with a show not having any action but what made the first arc really work for me was the combination of lighthearted slice of life comedy and insanely gory action. I can't really enjoy one without the other and so far arc two has been very light on action.

19. B_Raiden_

B_Raiden_ Your local neighbourhood fedora flipping weeaboo

Snow White with the Red Hair. The animation is good, soundtrack is lovely and the characters are working well together. I've only seen one ep but theres season 2 still <3

20. Alca

Alca Composer
    Bronze Founder

There was a fair bit of gore at the start of episode 7. But actually rather than the gore, the psychological aspects of the show are considerably more disturbing to me. Can't really say much without giving spoilers, but the psychological state of the main character keeps me on edge way more than the violence did. I think the second arc is very far from being a slice of life comedy. The opening of episode 7 was practically traumatizing. But I respect your opinion either way.